Come here to laugh at Leicester

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd say we suffered the Modric loss up until last season.

Plus it's a silly comparison considering Leicester are smaller than us, have inferior players to us yet won the league and the biggest player they sold has gone to a team and performed exactly the same, finds himself top of the league once again whilst the team he leaves falters.
Comparison may not be complete but it's not silly if Leicester were upper mid table then the Kante things holds water fact is they're staring relegation, it's a little more than a missing DM and the league worked them out.

We're still suffering the Modric loss tbf. Unless you'd contest he wouldn't get in the team now, which would be quite mad, we're still suffering his loss

Actually, I'll agree with that.

Comparison may not be complete but it's not silly if Leicester were upper mid table then the Kante things holds water fact is they're staring relegation, it's a little more than a missing DM and the league worked them out.

Why is it?

They're playing a COMPLETELY different system. They haven't got the player to play that system. They've not only lost arguably their most important player but the new system means they lose almost EVERY midfield battle every single week, get overun every single week and they simply cannot handle it. Champions League is clearly having an affect too. Depth is shocking.

Dilly Ding Dilly Dong!
Dilly Ding Dilly Dong!

Um, hello? Any Leicester fans here? What, no more Leicester fans stalking our forum, giving it large?

Have they also started rooting for Chelsea this season? Why not, their fucking coach is...

Why is it?

They're playing a COMPLETELY different system. They haven't got the player to play that system. They've not only lost arguably their most important player but the new system means they lose almost EVERY midfield battle every single week, get overun every single week and they simply cannot handle it. Champions League is clearly having an affect too. Depth is shocking.
They're playing the exact same system

Why is it?

They haven't played a CL game in weeks and are still shocking Kante did make things tick but being overrun in midfield don't account for getting undone at set pieces, Mahrez in space cannot complete two passes also Huth and Morgan play like they've just met. I just don't buy into the loss of a DM all be it a very good one as the reason for this

They haven't played a CL game in weeks and are still shocking Kante did make things tick but being overrun in midfield don't account for getting undone at set pieces, Mahrez in space cannot complete two passes also Huth and Morgan play like they've just met. I just don't buy into the loss of a DM all be it a very good one as the reason for this

Yeah, the set piece thing is a bit weird. That's the only thing I can't understand about this season. Besides just lackluster coaching or feeling they don't need to work as hard now they have nothing to really work for (unless of course they get fired into a real relegation fight).

He would get into every team in world football

Sorry buts thats hyperbol at its finest.

By 25, no one other than Bologne, Caen and Leicester (who had just finished 14th) picked up on this?

He's a good player....but where was he at WHL 2 weeks ago? Getting Schooled by Wanyama (who Im not sure you would say could walk into Real Madrid starting 11)
Losing 2-0, and you sub off a DM who single handedly won the Premier League?

One player doesnt make a team of crap into champions. They have won it, and now the rest have switched off, knowing that it doesnt get better for an average player.

Sorry buts thats hyperbol at its finest.

By 25, no one other than Bologne, Caen and Leicester (who had just finished 14th) picked up on this?

He's a good player....but where was he at WHL 2 weeks ago? Getting Schooled by Wanyama (who Im not sure you would say could walk into Real Madrid starting 11)
Losing 2-0, and you sub off a DM who single handedly won the Premier League?

One player doesnt make a team of crap into champions. They have won it, and now the rest have switched off, knowing that it doesnt get better for an average player.

one game. You have literally named one game he happened to be 'schooled' in the 56 he has played. You really think someone at the big clubs is going to scout someone from Boulogne or Caen? Doesn't happen.

Same reason why we didn't scout Janssen when he was at Almere and got him at a cheaper price or N'Koudou when he was at Nantes.

one game. You have literally named one game he happened to be 'schooled' in the 56 he has played.

I didnt watch his 56 games for Leicester, maybe you did?

Common sense says that if it takes one player, then we should have done the double when we had Modric and Bale.

Lots of teams massively underperformed last season, and many more rolled over for Leicester, despite the freak run they were on. Drinkwater was equally important, but shite now.

He'd probably be doing great now too had he joined Chelsea though

Last edited:
I didnt watch his 56 games for Leicester, maybe you did?

Common sense says that if it takes one player, then we should have done the double when we had Modric ad Bale.

Lots of teams massively underperformed last season, and many more rolled over for Leicester, despite the freak run they were on. Drinkwater was equally important, but shite now.

He'd probably be doing great now too had he joined Chelsea though

But Drinkwater has always been shit. He wasn't even good last season. He was simply hyped up because he was playing central midfield and made to look good by being partnered by Kante in a title winning team. There is a reason why the only ones who were being linked AWAY from Leicester were Kante, Mahrez and Vardy and the only one I'd consider world class was the one that left and is now on course to being one of the rare players that wins the league two seasons in a row with a different club.

But Drinkwater has always been shit. He wasn't even good last season. He was simply hyped up because he was playing central midfield and made to look good by being partnered by Kante in a title winning team. There is a reason why the only ones who were being linked AWAY from Leicester were Kante, Mahrez and Vardy and the only one I'd consider world class was the one that left and is now on course to being one of the rare players that wins the league two seasons in a row with a different club.
I am going to cut you.

Go knock on wood right now you prick.

Exactly.....remember that massive club Strømsgodset Toppfotball who Real bought a player from the other year too

Yet I bet a lot more people had heard of Odegaard than Kante at the time of that signing. Hype does that to you.

Like I said, big teams can't afford to buy unknown names from random clubs because fans demand better. It's a reason why you see the big clubs sign good or average players for large sums. Mangala, Otamendi etc. over solid alternatives (and premier league proven players) like Alderweireld for example.

I am going to cut you.

Go knock on wood right now you prick.

touch-wood.gif

Chelsea won the title
The same players finished 10th after the manager lost the dressing room
Now they are challenging again, and its all Kante I suppose?

Look, I'll leave it here, as I think its a silly debate to be fair. He's a very good player, but football is a team game, and one player cant win a title in my opinion.

one game. You have literally named one game he happened to be 'schooled' in the 56 he has played. You really think someone at the big clubs is going to scout someone from Boulogne or Caen? Doesn't happen.

Same reason why we didn't scout Janssen when he was at Almere and got him at a cheaper price or N'Koudou when he was at Nantes.
STFU - you haven't watched all 56 games either. YouTube wanker

Back
Top Bottom