Come here to laugh at Leicester

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It angers me even more how shit they are this season.
Should have been or fucking year.

Oh well. If we somehow manage to do it this year then I think it's fair to argue this is the hardest season to win the title in premier league history. Especially if you're a club operating on a budget well below your rivals and in the middle of building a stadium to boot.
That's what would make it so satisfying!
If we won the title I think I would feel like this guy in Waterboy
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Fair point, but I can't forgive our players for the Newcastle game. Let's be honest, they don't give a fuck about mugs like us. They play for Poch and themselves, but when has it been any different?
I can't either. My biggest concern was that we would not finish above Woolwich. If they were in sync they'd realise the importance of that.
We had a great chance to make sure that didn't happen and deal a psychological blow to those cunts and, to me, only Lamela and Kane really seemed bothered.

Nah, they got outclassed despite trying their best.

Ranieri still has a soft spot for Chelsea I think, was once their manager.

The Leicester of last year wouldn't have gone down like that, especially with no costa up front to bully them. Now they've won it they've got nothing to play for.

Leicester are a fucking disgrace.....couldnt care less if they've won the PL. That argument will wear thin from the 4th division, ten years down the line.

They lost one player. One DM is not the difference between champions and relegation.

Kante leaving doesnt make Huth and Morgan into two gigantic morons who cant head a ball clear all of a sudden, or Mahrez suddenly doesnt know what Vardy looks like so passes the ball out of play instead.

And Vardy, got your pay rise, now it doesnt matter.
Always cracks me up when they sing Englands number one about him......nah mate, check the top scorers list never has been, never will.

Leicester players probably all think they can do better anyway if they go down. I bet their agents are busy.

Leicester are a fucking disgrace.....couldnt care less if they've won the PL. That argument will wear thin from the 4th division, ten years down the line.

They lost one player. One DM is not the difference between champions and relegation.

Kante leaving doesnt make Huth and Morgan into two gigantic morons who cant head a ball clear all of a sudden, or Mahrez suddenly doesnt know what Vardy looks like so passes the ball out of play instead.

And Vardy, got your pay rise, now it doesnt matter.
Always cracks me up when they sing Englands number one about him......nah mate, check the top scorers list never has been, never will.

Leicester players probably all think they can do better anyway if they go down. I bet their agents are busy.

I think you underestimate Kante. Leicester had one of the best defensive records last season because he was winning more tackles, intercepting more balls and generally running the game from midfield.

Fast forward a season and Chelsea now have one of the best defensive records this season whilst Leicester don't and Kante has won of tackles and intercepted a lot of balls.

I think you underestimate Kante. Leicester had one of the best defensive records last season because he was winning more tackles, intercepting more balls and generally running the game from midfield.

Fast forward a season and Chelsea now have one of the best defensive records this season whilst Leicester don't and Kante has won of tackles and intercepted a lot of balls.

Chelsea are doing well because they are not on strike to get the manager sacked.

Kante is a good player, but not the difference between a title and relegation.
They miss him, but thats not the reason Vardy cant hit the target anymore, or Morgan cant clear a corner.

Chelsea are doing well because they are not on strike to get the manager sacked.

They miss him, but thats not the reason Vardy cant hit the target anymore, or Morgan cant clear a corner.

They're set up completely different. No idea why Morgan can't clear a corner anymore, Vardy isn't getting anywhere near the chances and Mahrez isn't nearly as effective but I imagine that's down to them probably no wanting to actually be there as well not getting the space they got last season.

Last season they could go on the attack knowing Kante would literally intercept every ball and tackle the opposition. They don't have that this year yet they are playing the EXACT same way.

I'd put Kante in the world class bracket. He would get into every team in world football, with ease and I am shocked only Chelsea actually went for him.

I dunno. I'm not convinced one player is the difference between being unstoppable and languishing just above the relegation places.

No proof obviously, but certain things that happened last season stank of fixing and brown envelopes.

Or Schmeichel looking like the bloke who turned up late for the Sunday league match and got stuck in goal

I dunno. I'm not convinced one player is the difference between being unstoppable and languishing just above the relegation places.

No proof obviously, but certain things that happened last season stank of fixing and brown envelopes.

You really believe the whole entire league was RIGGED to help Leicester win the league? A lot of their games were won 1-0 because they would get a goal and defend knowing Kante would be a big help in containing that cleansheet.

They RARELY battered teams unless you tried to attack them and Kante would break up play and set Mahrez/Vardy on the break.

It was just a freak season, end of. We won't see it again because a low team like Leicester will never stumble across another world class player again.

You're right. He wouldn't get into our team.

:wanyama:
He was hugely effective for Leicester last season. He broke up play much higher up the pitch and that over the top ball to Vardy was dangerous. They're trying to do it from much deeper this season and the opposing CB's just mop it up. That's my take on it anyway.

He was hugely effective for Leicester last season. He broke up play much higher up the pitch and that over the top ball to Vardy was dangerous. They're trying to do it from much deeper this season and the opposing CB's just mop it up. That's my take on it anyway.

You're spot on. They haven't adapted. You can't replace someone that good when you're a small club from Leicester. They bought Kante for about £5,000,000 and they've spent £30,000,000 on two players trying to replicate him.

As good as he is let's not over egg the Kante pudding, just put it down to freak season not world class player who ran things from midfield we lost Modric followed by Bale. Didn't the league nor go to complete shite

As good as he is let's not over egg the Kante pudding, just put it down to freak season not world class player who ran things from midfield we lost Modric followed by Bale. Didn't the league nor go to complete shite

I'd say we suffered the Modric loss up until last season.

Plus it's a silly comparison considering Leicester are smaller than us, have inferior players to us yet won the league and the biggest player they sold has gone to a team and performed exactly the same, finds himself top of the league once again whilst the team he leaves falters.

I'd say we suffered the Modric loss up until last season.

Plus it's a silly comparison considering Leicester are smaller than us, have inferior players to us yet won the league and the biggest player they sold has gone to a team and performed exactly the same, finds himself top of the league once again whilst the team he leaves falters.
We're still suffering the Modric loss tbf. Unless you'd contest he wouldn't get in the team now, which would be quite mad, we're still suffering his loss

Back
Top Bottom