Come here to laugh at Leicester

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Leicester's performance was good - Ranieri
  • 15 Jan 2017
Leicester boss Claudio Ranieri says his side's performance was good despite losing 3-0 to Chelsea at the King Power Stadium.
Yes being beaten 3-0 at home, reigning league champions and coach of the year managing.
I would like a kilo of what he is snorting!

Leicester's performance was good - Ranieri
  • 15 Jan 2017
Leicester boss Claudio Ranieri says his side's performance was good despite losing 3-0 to Chelsea at the King Power Stadium.
Yes being beaten 3-0 at home, reigning league champions and coach of the year managing.
I would like a kilo of what he is snorting!

hearing leicster had a better performance off the pitch but then again against them shit cunts
it aint very much.

Mainly because in the end the shit teams stopped trying against them and they were simply handed points by so many piss poor unprofessional teams. The narrative being everyone wants plucky Leicester ( bank rolled by Thai millions ) to win.
That's all true. But I would not bet against a huge doping cover up from 2015-2016 getting exposed in a few years, when the players retire or some of the back room staff get laid off. That ridiculous 2015 late surge was too good to be a fluke under Pearson, and their drop in performance this season is astonishing. Look at Huth for example, he's turned into a slug this season. Vardy looks half the player he was.
It can't all be selling Kante can it? And the CL has paused so no excuse for the recent shite.

That's all true. But I would not bet against a huge doping cover up from 2015-2016 getting exposed in a few years, when the players retire or some of the back room staff get laid off. That ridiculous 2015 late surge was too good to be a fluke under Pearson, and their drop in performance this season is astonishing. Look at Huth for example, he's turned into a slug this season. Vardy looks half the player he was.
It can't all be selling Kante can it? And the CL has paused so no excuse for the recent shite.
They are an absolute disgrace. These players are on top money and have an obligation to put a shift in, but week in week out they turn up and are simply fodder 9 times out of 10. It's annoying to think we dropped 2 points to such shit.

And then Woolwich get given the title retrospectively.
:kanehand:

Just about the most unprofessional thing a manager can say. It was surprising last year that there were no fines dished out. FA need to nip this in the bud.
Can you imagine Poch saying anything like that? Conte has form for match fixing, and Ranieri is nothing more than a crack dealer.

(Maybe a bit harsh on the 'Don')

Would that be good or bad? Being handed a retrospective title would anger more than anything because you were cheated out of that elation. It's kind of taking the piss if anything...
So let's allow people to cheat because Woolwich would receive a joke title? Maybe the players should have thought about that before they fucked off on holiday 3 games before the end of the season.

They let us, and Pochettino down.

Last edited:
So let's allow people to cheat because Woolwich would receive a joke title. Maybe the players should have thought about that before they fucked off on holiday 3 games before the end of the season.

I don't think it shouldn't be given to anyone. It's obvious after we were not capable of winning it we gave up. Shouldn't have but the last few games were irrelevant in terms of winning it.
Do Man U claim compensation as they were cheated out of the CL
Do the teams that LCFC beat in the CL get any recourse, for going out. Do Norwich and Newcastle claim the 6 points they took of each of them was the difference between staying up and sue them?
They should be demoted a couple of leagues, banned form European comp for a couple of years, if or when they ever get it again, and the title should be voided and the teams who lost out get some kind of compensation. Maybe share the money that the cheating team made from the win and subsequent CL campaign.

I don't think it shouldn't be given to anyone. It's obvious after we were not capable of winning it we gave up. Shouldn't have but the last few games were irrelevant in terms of winning it.
Do Man U claim compensation as they were cheated out of the CL
Do the teams that LCFC beat in the CL get any recourse, for going out. Do Norwich and Newcastle claim the 6 points they took of each of them was the difference between staying up and sue them?
They should be demoted a couple of leagues, banned form European comp for a couple of years, if or when they ever get it again, and the title should be voided and the teams who lost out get some kind of compensation. Maybe share the money that the cheating team made from the win and subsequent CL campaign.

Fair point, but I can't forgive our players for the Newcastle game. Let's be honest, they don't give a fuck about mugs like us. They play for Poch and themselves, but when has it been any different?

So let's allow people to cheat because Woolwich would receive a joke title. Maybe the players should have thought about that before they fucked off on holiday 3 games before the end of the season.

Amen. It took a fair chunk of this season to forget about that final day. Well, not forget, but stop being as angry.

"I just told them, 'If I have the opportunity to kill you then I kill everyone'," Pochettino said.

"I wanted to kill all of them. And I did not have the opportunity to kill them. I kill myself too."

Mauricio Pochettino 'wanted to kill' Tottenham players after title bid collapse

Fair point, but I can't forgive our players for the Newcastle game. Let's be honest, they don't give a fuck about mugs like us. They play for Poch and themselves, but when has it been any different?

These were my thoughts exactly in the immediate aftermath - but I'd like to think (in retrospect at least) that there was a huge burnout that happened after the Chelsea game (and suddenly missing Dembele and Dele probably made downing tools even more easy).
Some of Poch's recent interviews allude to their burnout (whether physical, mental, or both) being something he could have managed better.

I felt completely aliened by the players because it felt like they didn't 'get' the need for us to finish above the scum. Funnily enough, I can kinda see that all their passion and focus was on the title, and Woolwich must have been an afterthought - this season has probably been the first time that our focus midway isn't on Woolwich at all: but bigger and better things.

Still need to get that fucking monkey off our back though, pronto.

It angers me even more how shit they are this season.
Should have been or fucking year.

Oh well. If we somehow manage to do it this year then I think it's fair to argue this is the hardest season to win the title in premier league history. Especially if you're a club operating on a budget well below your rivals and in the middle of building a stadium to boot.

Back
Top Bottom