Come here to laugh at Nu-Castle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Totally agree that this rule should happen, but the timing of it is both transparent and hilarious. This is purely because we've got a squad decimated by injuries, will likely be looking for a loan deal in the January window, and the Saudi state owned league is suddenly and inorganically much stronger.

Nothing to do with stopping the circumvention of FFP rules that can, and surely has, occurred since multi-club ownership became a thing. Had we a full strength team, this wouldn't even be on the agenda. But we don't, so it is.

Bring it in, by all means, but don't make out like it's anything but an obvious attempt to stop us strengthening in January.

We'll no doubt have closed a route that's open to literally every other club in the league, but it is what it is. One of the costs of doing deals with the devil, isn't it? We'll be forced to get a player from somewhere else, I guess.

Totally agree that this rule should happen, but the timing of it is both transparent and hilarious. This is purely because we've got a squad decimated by injuries, will likely be looking for a loan deal in the January window, and the Saudi state owned league is suddenly and inorganically much stronger.

Nothing to do with stopping the circumvention of FFP rules that can, and surely has, occurred since multi-club ownership became a thing. Had we a full strength team, this wouldn't even be on the agenda. But we don't, so it is.

Bring it in, by all means, but don't make out like it's anything but an obvious attempt to stop us strengthening in January.

We'll no doubt have closed a route that's open to literally every other club in the league, but it is what it is. One of the costs of doing deals with the devil, isn't it? We'll be forced to get a player from somewhere else, I guess.

Bullshit......... You are SO full of shit. Watching you throw your integrity away as you bend further and further over for the Saudi blood money is pitiful.

In what non-currupt world does a minnow club sign a 60m MFer and then make their side worse by loaning him out a few months later??????

We all predicted that you'd loan Nevez back in the summer. Fuck off with your victim shit.

Last edited:
This is purely because we've got a squad decimated by injuries,

Sure thing. And the moon is made of cheese.

Of course it's a transparent attempt to stop any club that would use this disingenuous loophole...And that's a good thing. I'd think that if it were Spurs, or what's the point of FFP. Neves was always going to Newcastle and many on here said that when he went to Saudi. So this is righting a very obvious wrong which we said before your boy went on the Ivan Tony career development pathway

You're hilarious

Mate, thats the best laugh I’ve had today.
I’ve got aa few Geordie mates, and none of them could have served up that horse shit with a straight face. Not one.
sold your souls to the devil. At least own it.

Bore off you helmet

Mate, thats the best laugh I’ve had today.
I’ve got aa few Geordie mates, and none of them could have served up that horse shit with a straight face. Not one.
sold your souls to the devil. At least own it.
Did you actually read it, or just not bother. I said, it's the price for doing a deal with the devil, I literally said those words.

I've also said that this rule should come into force. But trying to suggest that the timing is anything other than a blatant effort to handicap us, well it's laughable. They're also trying to rush through changes to the sponsorship rules to stop us getting more Sela-type sponsors. Again, that's fine, but it's remarkable these rules have only been considered after a team outside the established elite became wealthy A.F.

You all reacting like I'm spitting my dummy out. I'm not, I'm agreeing with the rule changes, but finding the timing hilarious. I'm owning it. Why don't you?

We all know FFP was ostensibly brought in to make sure clubs were run sustainably, don't spend too much more than you bring in. That seems fine. However it quickly became a tool for the elite clubs to prevent another Manchester City, or Leicester even. How can Brighton realistically compete with Woolwich when the latter can spend eyewatering sums on established players every season without breaking FFP, and the former has to roll the dice on every transfer knowing that a couple of flops will fuck their growth.

Of course it's a transparent attempt to stop any club that would use this disingenuous loophole...And that's a good thing. I'd think that if it were Spurs, or what's the point of FFP. Neves was always going to Newcastle and many on here said that when he went to Saudi. So this is righting a very obvious wrong which we said before your boy went on the Ivan Tony career development pathway
The links to Neves are just rumours man, everybody got worked up into a tizz off the back of a rumour. And I have to admit I'm curious where this outrage was when Watford's owner traded players between their clubs, or Man City, or Chelsea?

It's all so silly.

Funny, I'd say the same about NUFC...

Did you actually read it, or just not bother. I said, it's the price for doing a deal with the devil, I literally said those words.

I've also said that this rule should come into force. But trying to suggest that the timing is anything other than a blatant effort to handicap us, well it's laughable. They're also trying to rush through changes to the sponsorship rules to stop us getting more Sela-type sponsors. Again, that's fine, but it's remarkable these rules have only been considered after a team outside the established elite became wealthy A.F.

You all reacting like I'm spitting my dummy out. I'm not, I'm agreeing with the rule changes, but finding the timing hilarious. I'm owning it. Why don't you?

We all know FFP was ostensibly brought in to make sure clubs were run sustainably, don't spend too much more than you bring in. That seems fine. However it quickly became a tool for the elite clubs to prevent another Manchester City, or Leicester even. How can Brighton realistically compete with Woolwich when the latter can spend eyewatering sums on established players every season without breaking FFP, and the former has to roll the dice on every transfer knowing that a couple of flops will fuck their growth.

The links to Neves are just rumours man, everybody got worked up into a tizz off the back of a rumour. And I have to admit I'm curious where this outrage was when Watford's owner traded players between their clubs, or Man City, or Chelsea?

It's all so silly.

I could have sworn you said you'd fuck off some time ago; but you're still here.

Well done Born-muff!

Eddie might be fearing the chop again.

The Muppets Laughing GIF

It's all so silly.
There not rumours one of your operating officers admitted they were exploring the
A deal it's just that you've been rumbled. Man City didn’t obviously attempt to subvert FFP this way they are way smarter hence the outrage about the undisclosed fees around the Haaland deal, your team were just very very dumb .

It's all so silly.

Man City, Watford and Chelsea haven't tried to get a £50m+ player for free.

If you were getting him on loan from another club, there wouldn't be as much ire. If you were buying him outright there'd be grumbles about the ownership but an acceptance.

You are trying to get a game changing player for free, circumventing FFP. That's the difference.

Back
Top Bottom