Come here to laugh at Nu-Castle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So voted at the Premier League meeting today, that clubs (which really means Newcastle, maybe Man City with Girona, Palace and Sheffield Utd with their "feeder teams") CAN sign players on loan from "associated clubs" this window. PL clubs missed out by one vote on getting it banned.

So Ruben Neves to Newcastle could certainly happen from Jan 1 if all parties wanted it.

Last edited:
So voted at the Premier League meeting today, that clubs (which really means Newcastle) CAN sign players on loan from "associated clubs" this window. PL clubs missed out by one vote on getting it banned.

So Ruben Neves to Newcastle could certainly happen from Jan 1 if all parties wanted it.

Was just about to post this.....

Arse
Brentford
Brighton
C.Palace
Man City
N.Forest
Newcastle
Sheff U.
W.Ham
+ Chavs (and their dodgy ownership lineage)

All have ownership links to other clubs.

The necessary 14 team majority was never gonna happen; even though the big clubs (highlighted) are far more likely to abuse it to significant benefit whilst the benefit to smaller clubs will be nominal.

Was just about to post this.....

Arse
Brentford
Brighton
C.Palace
Man City
N.Forest
Newcastle
Sheff U.
W.Ham
+ Chavs (and their dodgy ownership lineage)

All have ownership links to other clubs.

The necessary 14 team majority was never gonna happen; even though the big clubs (highlighted) are far more likely to abuse it to significant benefit whilst the benefit to smaller clubs will be nominal.
More license to cheat from the PL then.

It's only a temp move, reckon it gets shuts down for the Summer window

What makes you say that?

Clubs have had their vote; why would they revisit the same matter in the summer?

Nevez will prob make a perm move to NC for 20 quid at that point anyway.

What makes you say that?

Clubs have had their vote; why would they revisit the same matter in the summer?

Nevez will prob make a perm move to NC for 20 quid at that point anyway.

Because the Prem were in favour of shutting it down, the only reason why it's going ahead is because the majority clubs voted for it but I don't expect them to allow them to vote going forward...for example they already took away the voting for Semi Automated offsides for VAR in which the majority of teams didn't want and the Prem are brining it in next season.

Because the Prem were in favour of shutting it down, the only reason why it's going ahead is because the majority clubs voted for it but I don't expect them to allow them to vote going forward...

If the EPL wanted to shut it down then why hold a vote at all? ......If the prem are holding votes and reversing the verdicts then it's hard to imagine the clubs taking kindly to that.

Rhetorical questions.... I don't expect you to have the answer and you could well be proved right in time anyway.....

Because the Prem were in favour of shutting it down, the only reason why it's going ahead is because the majority clubs voted for it but I don't expect them to allow them to vote going forward...for example they already took away the voting for Semi Automated offsides for VAR in which the majority of teams didn't want and the Prem are brining it in next season.

Premier League as an organisation don't have that option. Every rule is voted on by the clubs.
They have not railroaded through semi-automated VAR, it is on the agenda for voting by clubs in March next year. And revisiting the rule that got rejected today will need some changes for it to get through, if they want to get it in force for next season.

Last edited:
Who will be their Klopp or Guardiola??

Any up and coming managers out there stand out as being someone they can give a 5 year project to?

Or will they just go down the old Chelsea route of changing manager every two years and keep everyone on their toes with constant change?

So Newcastle can get players from 4 teams in the league…. So in the future you can get the feeder teams to buy them and not have to worry about breaching ffp for that league and loan them back….
Chances are if the smaller teams make a loss it is good for the parent company too.

what I was talking about with easy target Everton, English league is a disgraceful league. You don't need to be the worlds greatest detective to see how this can be exploited badly. The super rich Saudi league that has no FFP restrictions who can sign players on mega money and then loan them out to their parent club Newcastle
shouldnt be up for a vote, it should be hard rule, but newcastle loans should now be closely scrutinised
Rahul Bhat Corruption GIF by Ninderwal Entertainment

Last edited:
Neither have we man, there's rumours (which have since been quashed) and that's it.

We haven't signed Frank Lampard from our feeder club.
I know, but it's the rumours that boiled piss. City getting a way past his prime Lampard is not the same as getting Neves.

Anyway it's all moot because the league voted for it.

I know, but it's the rumours that boiled piss. City getting a way past his prime Lampard is not the same as getting Neves.

Anyway it's all moot because the league voted for it.

If we're going to get into the habit of letting rumours upset us, we're in for a pretty upsetting time.

For what it's worth I do think there should be rules against shifting around FFP regulations by moving players between parent and feeder clubs. And had this rule been already in place, I'd not have too many complaints.

It's the timing of the vote that reeks of protectionism from some of the 'Big 6'.

I don’t really understand this vote. Surely the only team that could benefit would be Newcastle? They could get Neves, Benzema, a couple of others. Are Man City really going to loan players from Girona or Melbourne?

Seems to me the only club that isn’t at the top of the club ownership totem pole is the Geordies, so why are other clubs making it easy for them?

I don’t really understand this vote. Surely the only team that could benefit would be Newcastle? They could get Neves, Benzema, a couple of others. Are Man City really going to loan players from Girona or Melbourne?

Seems to me the only club that isn’t at the top of the club ownership totem pole is the Geordies, so why are other clubs making it easy for them?
Everton's prospective new owners have a few other clubs, and were Man City in a position where they needed quick reinforcements on the cheap, they could pull from their feeder clubs. Same is true for Chelsea, et al.

Back
Top Bottom