Come here to laugh at Nu-Castle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Read your post a couple of times, but I'm still none the wiser?

The Saudi clubs are owned by the state and aren't officially affiliated to ours in any way. We don't have the kind of relationship that Man City have with NYCFC, for example.

Thus far, Newcastle haven't illegally loaned anyone, we haven't broken FFP rules like Everton, we haven't obfuscated where the money is coming from like Man City. Aside from the whole murderous barbarism by the majority owners, our club hasn't broken any rules.

Schitts Creek Reaction GIF by CBC

Your club is a fucking abomination, of course it's broken rules it's simply greased the correct palms to avoid any punishment.

For all I honestly don't think we'll loan anyone from Saudi Arabia this window at all, it would be fucking hilarious if we loaned Benzema, Veiga, Milinkovic-Savic and Neymar for 6 months.

In theory I like the idea of a larger club having a mutually beneficial relationship with some smaller ones. Sharing the coaching, the scouting and analytics that a smaller club maybe can't afford, getting the larger club's kids a chance of competitive football at a club that shares the same philosophy, etc.

Now all you need to do is find a big club to share philosophies with.

Michael Buble Gotcha GIF by bubly

You're very sensitive about any criticism of your club and yet post on a Spurs site.

I don't know, probably loads. This isn't a court of law and I don't have to provide evidence. It's simply common sense.
Plenty to criticise my club about, but if we're just going to make stuff up kind of makes the legit criticism seem just as silly.

Just because we've got from a clown car of a club into a well-run one, doesn't mean we've done it dishonestly. Ashley's parsimony meant we had plenty of FFP wriggle room, new sponsorship deals were vetted by the PL and represent 'fair market value' (whatever that means), the players we've actually signed haven't come through backdoors or dodgy affiliated clubs.

The Saudi clubs are owned by the state and aren't officially affiliated to ours in any way. We don't have the kind of relationship that Man City have with NYCFC, for example.

Thus far, Newcastle haven't illegally loaned anyone, we haven't broken FFP rules like Everton, we haven't obfuscated where the money is coming from like Man City. Aside from the whole murderous barbarism by the majority owners, our club hasn't broken any rules.
You’ve got your owners sponsoring you for an inflated amount. That’s the start of the wash. Always is.

Admit it you’ve sold your soul just like other no mark clubs like City and Chelsea did.

The amount of mental gymnastics being done by Newcastle fans is nearly as sickening as the owners themselves.

You’re a disgrace to true football fans all over the world.

Last edited:
You’ve got your owners sponsoring you for an inflated amount. That’s the start of the wash. Always is.

Admit it you’ve sold your soul just like other no mark clubs like City and Chelsea did.

The amount of mental gymnastics being done by Newcastle fans is nearly as sickening as the owners themselves.

You’re a disgrace to true football fans all over the world.
What mental gymnastics? The owners are vile and shouldn't own a football club, but the PL, the FA and the Government waved them through the minute they stopped pirating BEin's broadcast. New rules were brought in to stymie any 'unfair' advantage we might get from the Saudis, so we've abided by them and continued to progress regardless. PIF's Sela sponsor us for £25m, a huge leap from our old sponsorship no doubt. But we are (currently) a CL club, with new owners, new ambitions, new players. Is £25m above fair market value? PL doesn't seem to think so.

Everton broke the rules, got caught and got punished, Chelsea and Man City have broken rules in the past, got caught and got punished.

I'm under no illusion. We're a vehicle for sportswashing a disgusting regime. But until we actually break a rule, it's a bit daft to state as fact that we have.

The constant mental gymnastics you need to do to keep proudly backing Wor Toon or whatever you people call yourselves must be exhausting.

The constant mental gymnastics you need to do to keep proudly backing Wor Toon or whatever you people call yourselves must be exhausting.
What Mental Gymnastics? Genuine question?

This has been done to death, but the long story short is this;

I love my club, always have. We've had bad owners and good owners, I still supported my club. Owners come and go, and these Saudis may very well got the short shrift if Britain's view of that oppressive regime go the same way as the view of Russia's. But I'll still support the club, because the club isn't the owner, it isn't the manager or the players either.

O
What mental gymnastics? The owners are vile and shouldn't own a football club, but the PL, the FA and the Government waved them through the minute they stopped pirating BEin's broadcast. New rules were brought in to stymie any 'unfair' advantage we might get from the Saudis, so we've abided by them and continued to progress regardless. PIF's Sela sponsor us for £25m, a huge leap from our old sponsorship no doubt. But we are (currently) a CL club, with new owners, new ambitions, new players. Is £25m above fair market value? PL doesn't seem to think so.

Everton broke the rules, got caught and got punished, Chelsea and Man City have broken rules in the past, got caught and got punished.

I'm under no illusion. We're a vehicle for sportswashing a disgusting regime. But until we actually break a rule, it's a bit daft to state as fact that we have.
Oh I dunno the mental gymnastics whereby at the beginning of a paragraph your saying the PL have failed by letting abhorrent owners purchase a club and then at the end of the paragraph using the PL to justify letting the same owners sponsor the club with their biggest ever sponsorship deal.

You know. That mental gymnastics.

O

Oh I dunno the mental gymnastics whereby at the beginning of a paragraph your saying the PL have failed by letting abhorrent owners purchase a club and then at the end of the paragraph using the PL to justify letting the same owners sponsor the club with their biggest ever sponsorship deal.

You know. That mental gymnastics.
Hang on, me saying that the PL have chased the money by permitting the takeover, then chased the money by permitting the sponsorship deal is gymnastics? If that's the case Simone Biles isn't that impressive any more.

Hang on, me saying that the PL have chased the money by permitting the takeover, then chased the money by permitting the sponsorship deal is gymnastics? If that's the case Simone Biles isn't that impressive any more.

I can’t tell if you’re being deliberately obtuse or are genuinely just a bit thick but if you can’t understand what you yourself have written then I can’t really help you.

I can’t tell if you’re being deliberately obtuse or are genuinely just a bit thick but if you can’t understand what you yourself have written then I can’t really help you.
I understand fine.

The PL is a self-serving entity. It allowed the takeover, it allows the sponsorship deals. My saying that the deal is fine because the PL allows it, doesn't mean I think the deal would have been permitted by anyone else. It was clearly a tongue in cheek way of saying the whole thing is fucked.

As it stands, we've not broken any rule, and yet some people are convinced we definitely have. Mostly, I think, because it's an easy way to dismiss what Howe and the players have achieved so far.

My Newcastle supporting friend messing me about injustice and poor officiating.

He came to the wrong person.

What Mental Gymnastics? Genuine question?

This has been done to death, but the long story short is this;

I love my club, always have. We've had bad owners and good owners, I still supported my club. Owners come and go, and these Saudis may very well got the short shrift if Britain's view of that oppressive regime go the same way as the view of Russia's. But I'll still support the club, because the club isn't the owner, it isn't the manager or the players either.
I love my Club too and I understand how torn you must be feeling. You're right in that supporters have no real say who the owners are.
I don't know what it would take for me to step away, but I would be very uncomfortable with my Club being owned by a regime that has so many human rights issues against women and LGBTQ+ community
The blame needs to be put squarely on the shoulders of the PL, as they have invited dodgy owners to buy clubs, with only lip service to their vetting process.
Unfortunately, money talks much louder than supporters' protests.
I detest nearly everything about the modern game, but I love Spurs more. But I can see something in the future that will make me walk away, because the way things are run just become too heinous to defend.
I'm including UEFA and FIFA in my condemnation of the way the game is run - it appears corrupt at nearly every level.

Back
Top Bottom