Come here to laugh at Nu-Castle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Honours even in the Sportswashico.
Their brown envelope must have been heavier than ours this time.

I've calmed down from last night when I was raging, because if you'd told me that we'd still be within a shout of progressing out of this group of death at this stage of the competition, I'd have bitten your hand off. If you'd told me in August that we'd be robbed of 3pts away to Mbappe's PSG due to a bad penalty decision in the 98th minute, I'd have called you a lunatic. If you'd told me just after the 1-1 draw with Norwich in 2021, we'd be in Europe, let alone the Champions League withing 2 years I'd have laughed in your face.

Dunno if any of you watched it, but it was a real gutsy performance from a very depleted Newcastle. 17yr old Miley did well, Livramento has been quality since he got his chance and is now surely first choice LB, Bruno was brilliant as well. Second half was a real backs against the wall job, but we survived until basically the final minute. Their substitutions exposed our lack of depth, adding energy as ours ebbed away.

Pleased that Howe comported himself well, much better than old Legohead. Arteta gets that decision against his team, he'd be spitting feathers and Woolwich would be issuing letters all over the shop.

Their brown envelope must have been heavier than ours this time.

I've calmed down from last night when I was raging, because if you'd told me that we'd still be within a shout of progressing out of this group of death at this stage of the competition, I'd have bitten your hand off. If you'd told me in August that we'd be robbed of 3pts away to Mbappe's PSG due to a bad penalty decision in the 98th minute, I'd have called you a lunatic. If you'd told me just after the 1-1 draw with Norwich in 2021, we'd be in Europe, let alone the Champions League withing 2 years I'd have laughed in your face.

Dunno if any of you watched it, but it was a real gutsy performance from a very depleted Newcastle. 17yr old Miley did well, Livramento has been quality since he got his chance and is now surely first choice LB, Bruno was brilliant as well. Second half was a real backs against the wall job, but we survived until basically the final minute. Their substitutions exposed our lack of depth, adding energy as ours ebbed away.

Pleased that Howe comported himself well, much better than old Legohead. Arteta gets that decision against his team, he'd be spitting feathers and Woolwich would be issuing letters all over the shop.

Gutsy?

You were only in it because PSG were so wasteful. In my opinion you got what you deserved.

Also, you've come to the wrong place to moan about a depleted squad!

Why the fuck do you come on here anyway? Nobody likes your club, I didn't like it before you came rich so definitely not now.

It's just weird to me, not sure what you're getting out of it.

Shocking penalty decision but we've suffered worse and on a much bigger stage.

Barcola should have scored a hat trick of easy chances.

There was nothing that suggested Newcastle were unlucky to not win to me. They were lucky to not get pumped by 4 or 5.

Gutsy?

You were only in it because PSG were so wasteful. In my opinion you got what you deserved.

Also, you've come to the wrong place to moan about a depleted squad!

Why the fuck do you come on here anyway? Nobody likes your club, I didn't like it before you came rich so definitely not now.

It's just weird to me, not sure what you're getting out of it.

Shocking penalty decision but we've suffered worse and on a much bigger stage.
Yeah, gutsy. We fielded the same CB partnership we had in the Championship, a 17yr old who has 2 (two) competitive starts to his name and had no quality on the bench. Yet we beat an incredibly expensively assembled team, packed with stars and arguably the best player in the world over 90 minutes. We showed courage, determinism and spirit. Gutsy.

They were wasteful and I think a 1-1 is probably a fair result. Had Pope failed to make one of his wonder saves, I'd not be bothered about the result at all, I'd be pretty fucking pleased to be honest. But it stings to miss out on what would have been one of our best ever results in Europe because of bad refereeing.

Have I? You've as many out as we have, right? Surely you'd understand how a depleted squad can fuck you up. Especially as we're missing key players, just like you are.

I come on here because it's always good to get views and opinions from outside the bubble.

Yeah, saw that Sissoko clip above. Outrageous decision. The whole handball rule has become so convoluted, so confused, it's not really fit for purpose. Sissoko and Livramento didn't mean for the ball to hit their hands and it's unjust to be penalised for the crime of having an arm. Definitely think the intent of the player has been taken into account. Suarez against Ghana? Definite handball. But yours against Liverpool and ours last night? In no world is either player trying to gain an advantage.

Yeah, gutsy. We fielded the same CB partnership we had in the Championship, a 17yr old who has 2 (two) competitive starts to his name and had no quality on the bench. Yet we beat an incredibly expensively assembled team, packed with stars and arguably the best player in the world over 90 minutes. We showed courage, determinism and spirit. Gutsy.

They were wasteful and I think a 1-1 is probably a fair result. Had Pope failed to make one of his wonder saves, I'd not be bothered about the result at all, I'd be pretty fucking pleased to be honest. But it stings to miss out on what would have been one of our best ever results in Europe because of bad refereeing.

Have I? You've as many out as we have, right? Surely you'd understand how a depleted squad can fuck you up. Especially as we're missing key players, just like you are.

I come on here because it's always good to get views and opinions from outside the bubble.

Yeah, saw that Sissoko clip above. Outrageous decision. The whole handball rule has become so convoluted, so confused, it's not really fit for purpose. Sissoko and Livramento didn't mean for the ball to hit their hands and it's unjust to be penalised for the crime of having an arm. Definitely think the intent of the player has been taken into account. Suarez against Ghana? Definite handball. But yours against Liverpool and ours last night? In no world is either player trying to gain an advantage.
Nothing gutsy about getting dominated but the opponent failed to take their chances.

The save which received the most praise from McCoist was pure luck. He was just stood in the middle of the goal and the ball ricocheted off 2 body parts. He knew nothing about it, terrible finish.

PSG had an xg of 4.47 to Newcastles 1.48 and you talk about 1-1 being a fair result?

No mention of the earlier penalty appeal(s) of course.

This is what we can now expect from Newcastle fans I guess. Deluded expectations.

I'm sure you didn't give a fuck about the actual robbery penalty won at our place when the ball hit Dier on the back.

2 disgusting clubs played out a score draw. I hope both get eliminated at the earliest opportunity.

Nothing gutsy about getting dominated but the opponent failed to take their chances.

The save which received the most praise from McCoist was pure luck. He was just stood in the middle of the goal and the ball ricocheted off 2 body parts. He knew nothing about it, terrible finish.

PSG had an xg of 4.47 to Newcastles 1.48 and you talk about 1-1 being a fair result?

No mention of the earlier penalty appeal(s) of course.

This is what we can now expect from Newcastle fans I guess. Deluded expectations.

I'm sure you didn't give a fuck about the actual robbery penalty won at our place when the ball hit Dier on the back.

2 disgusting clubs played out a score draw. I hope both get eliminated at the earliest opportunity.
I don't think you know what gutsy means? Courage, determination, spirit. Don't think it's ridiculous to say we showed those three qualities last night.

You make your own luck, Pope took up a good position and was strong. If they failed to score in normal time, that's on them. We made blocks, made saves and defended well. Their high xG, once scrutinised, shows that it's an accumulation of smaller chances rather than absolute sitters and while xG is a valuable tool actual goals matter more. Penalty aside, they had 1 (one) chance valued at greater than 0.5xG. We had 2 chances valued higher than 0.5xG. We put away one of our 2 good chances, they needed to be gifted a penalty to overcome our obstinate defence.

The earlier penalty shout is further proof that the later one shouldn't have been given. Ball came off a legal body part and struck Miley's arm and that's not a penalty. Ball came off a legal body part and struck Livramento's arm and that is a penalty?

The Dier penalty shouldn't have been given. It was 3 years ago and if you're still sore about it I don't know what to tell you.

I think the last sentence of yours has dictated the rest. Hating the owners is fine, but letting that enmity cloud reason is silly.

I don't think you know what gutsy means? Courage, determination, spirit. Don't think it's ridiculous to say we showed those three qualities last night.

You make your own luck, Pope took up a good position and was strong. If they failed to score in normal time, that's on them. We made blocks, made saves and defended well. Their high xG, once scrutinised, shows that it's an accumulation of smaller chances rather than absolute sitters and while xG is a valuable tool actual goals matter more. Penalty aside, they had 1 (one) chance valued at greater than 0.5xG. We had 2 chances valued higher than 0.5xG. We put away one of our 2 good chances, they needed to be gifted a penalty to overcome our obstinate defence.

The earlier penalty shout is further proof that the later one shouldn't have been given. Ball came off a legal body part and struck Miley's arm and that's not a penalty. Ball came off a legal body part and struck Livramento's arm and that is a penalty?

The Dier penalty shouldn't have been given. It was 3 years ago and if you're still sore about it I don't know what to tell you.

I think the last sentence of yours has dictated the rest. Hating the owners is fine, but letting that enmity cloud reason is silly.
Fair play for coming on here but I couldn't give 2 fucks whether you were gutsy or not. I dislike PSG and your lot for the same reasons and I'm sure you would get the same response on any other PL site with the exception of citeh and the chavs
Your club sold its soul to a very nasty regime PL approval or not and that don't sit right with me.

Fair play for coming on here but I couldn't give 2 fucks whether you were gutsy or not. I dislike PSG and your lot for the same reasons and I'm sure you would get the same response on any other PL site with the exception of citeh and the chavs
Your club sold its soul to a very nasty regime PL approval or not and that don't sit right with me.
He knows his club has sold its soul, is a disgrace on the game and will never again achieve anything with legitimacy others could view as commendable, therefore goes on other clubs forums in an attempt to air some form of justification which he needs himself to help come to terms with the death of the club he probably supported since a young child.

It's not about what Spurs fans think, it's about needing to vocalise counter arguments as to why nobody will ever respect Newcastle again. Were he the supporter of another club looking at what's going on there, he would likely feel in a similar way to what most Spurs and other club fans can see.

It's a shame really as its not the fans fault, but let's be honest they embrace it, as many Spurs fans would if we sold our soul for a few meaningless tin pots at that point. But those trophies mean nothing without the appreciation of your achievements from your fellow competitors.

I know what gutsy means thank you. The only reason you see it that way is because you almost clung on to an undeserved win, and instead claimed an undeserved draw.
Had you played exactly the same way, with the same "courage", but their 4 or 5 goals were scored, you wouldn't be calling it gutsy would you.

They had some huge chances they wasted. I couldn't believe the one side footed miles over from 8 yards, nor Mbappe missing his rebound shot.

The earlier penalty shout I was talking about was on Hakimi. He got the ball first and was taken out. Seen much softer penalty given against us. Or was that just a "gutsy" attempt to win the ball by Gordon?

Do you remember what Wilson said after the Dier decision? Check it out and tell me I can't reference 2020.

It was never a pen, not in a million years - but neither was the Dier one in 2020.

That’s how these things go I’m afraid - still though Newcastle are now allowed to sign a load of players for nothing from the Saudi league so I am sure they will get over it

It was never a pen, not in a million years - but neither was the Dier one in 2020.

That’s how these things go I’m afraid - still though Newcastle are now allowed to sign a load of players for nothing from the Saudi league so I am sure they will get over it
Wilson on the Dier handball.

“It is absolutely marvellous for me, it's got me on the scoresheet today,” he told Sky Sports when asked about the handball rule. “Long may it continue to be honest. Obviously when it goes for you it’s nice and when it goes against you it’s frustrating.”

Long may it continue. His words.

Not sure why the pen is seen as a big deal. Should have been a pen against Miley earlier in the half. Quality of work by var assistants just is not good in football right now.

I know what gutsy means thank you. The only reason you see it that way is because you almost clung on to an undeserved win, and instead claimed an undeserved draw.
Had you played exactly the same way, with the same "courage", but their 4 or 5 goals were scored, you wouldn't be calling it gutsy would you.

They had some huge chances they wasted. I couldn't believe the one side footed miles over from 8 yards, nor Mbappe missing his rebound shot.

The earlier penalty shout I was talking about was on Hakimi. He got the ball first and was taken out. Seen much softer penalty given against us. Or was that just a "gutsy" attempt to win the ball by Gordon?

Do you remember what Wilson said after the Dier decision? Check it out and tell me I can't reference 2020.

How come they get 4 or 5 goals? because of xG? Would we have had to have played without a goalkeeper? Without defenders blocking shots? Like you say, they wasted their chances, just like Man Utd did against you back in August. Is that the whole story? If it is, we should award points based on xG, rather than actual goals. That would put you 8th in the league and Newcastle in 2nd place. I'm down for that if you are.

If we had applied ourselves the same way and lost heavily, yeah, I'd still call it a gutsy performance.

Gordon got the ball after Hakimi's touch and then Hakimi took a tumble. Ref didn't give a penalty, VAR said no penalty.

If you're still rattled about what Wilson light heartedly said 3 years ago, when I'm already moving on from last night, what does that say about you?

Not sure why the pen is seen as a big deal. Should have been a pen against Miley earlier in the half. Quality of work by var assistants just is not good in football right now.

It was incredibly late in the game and was complete baffling nonsense. Ticks all the boxes to be seen as a big deal.

How come they get 4 or 5 goals? because of xG? Would we have had to have played without a goalkeeper? Without defenders blocking shots? Like you say, they wasted their chances, just like Man Utd did against you back in August. Is that the whole story? If it is, we should award points based on xG, rather than actual goals. That would put you 8th in the league and Newcastle in 2nd place. I'm down for that if you are.

If we had applied ourselves the same way and lost heavily, yeah, I'd still call it a gutsy performance.

Gordon got the ball after Hakimi's touch and then Hakimi took a tumble. Ref didn't give a penalty, VAR said no penalty.

If you're still rattled about what Wilson light heartedly said 3 years ago, when I'm already moving on from last night, what does that say about you?

It's what your being here says about you is more the pressing issue.

Newcastle deserved to get spanked last night and were fortunate to come away with a point. They deserved 0 points and a -3 goal difference for a poor display.

Wilson light heartedly said 3 years ago.. You are saying the rule is not fit for purpose whilst your striker thinks its marvelous when it goes for you. LONG MAY IT CONTINUE he said, so don't give me all that about 3 years ago. Reap what you sow. I'm confident you weren't jumping on rival fans forums at the time telling everyone how outrageous it was. You most likely chuckled and light heartedly would have given Wilson a pat on the back.

Now I'm lighthearted saying Toon were shit, showed nothing gutsy, and deserved a twating reflective of their performance.

It’s a ridiculous decision, the player is too close to the ball for it to be deliberate or to have time to move the arm. Most importantly with the rules these days, the arm was in a natural position. The fact it hit the players chest and then the arm - well I just don’t know how the VAR official actually managed to get that one wrong, it’s one of the easiest decisions you will get and the bloke facked it up.

On the other hand (not literally) the rules are far more bias towards defenders these days. If Eric Dier controls a ball in his own half, it grazes his arm, he then goes on a Maradona like 60 yard run beating all 10 outfield players before running back to 30 yards out and then smashing it in the top corner - the goal will get chalked off because it initially grazed his arm.

Basically they keep fucking around with the rules so that even VAR refs can still get it wrong

Back
Top Bottom