Come here to laugh at Nu-Castle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Couldn't disagree more.

Without Daniel Levy's inspirational midfield through balls for Joe Lewis latch on to we'd have been nowhere near.

On a serious note. We qualified once in 14 years before Poch. 4 times in 5 years with Poch.

It's why we used to sing He's magic, you know
You are forgetting levy paid for all our players out of his own savings account. Nothing to do with tv money or the fans hard earned cash.

You are forgetting levy paid for all our players out of his own savings account. Nothing to do with tv money or the fans hard earned cash.
I think that's what stevee stevee seems to be implying.

Either that or we should be thanking Levy :bow: :levystare:
for allowing Poch a fraction of the transfer budget of the rivals he displaced from the top 4.

He's magic, you know.

So, using the logic of Airfixx Airfixx , every City fan, Chelsea fan or even future Newcastle fan supports human rights abuse if they continue to support their club.

f00815c2e7b2e39cdf28ac0b2e1d516b.gif

Tell me, my friend.

Do you support massive, personal tax evasion?

Or contributing to the financial misery of millions with the event known as Black Wednesday?

Joe Lewis (British businessman) - Wikipedia

Just asking, like.

Thanks for the link; but we’ve been here before, John…

You’re not bringing anything fresh to the table, but in the spirit of a re-cap of my position; some bullet points:

- I am less than comfortable about the increasingly dubious financial platform the upper eschelons of the modern game is being played upon.

- ….That includes the source of our owner’s wealth i.e. ENIC/Lewis.

- Despite your fondness for mis-representation of my position on such matters, I do NOT laud ENIC as being virtuous owners. You choose not to see the distinction that I have in fact applauded the way that Levy has run the club; thankfully it allows me to continue to feel pride in the way we operate on the field when things are going well…. (Even then there have been moments when that has been tested; See Stratford.)

(You repeatedly complain about Lewis not injecting his wealth into our club; the irony here is that plays a pivotal part in me still finding a way to get behind the club - See point B below for context. The ‘dirty money - if you choose to call it that - is not fueling the club; we’re self sufficient. I’d like to think ethically everyone has a line that they seek not to cross… We may be some way from yours, but we are perilously close to mine.)

- What you refuse to acknowledge in debates such as this is that there is not one, but 2 aspects of club ownership and financial operations that set us apart from Chavs, City and potentially the new Newcastle ownership is that:

A) We’re talking about sovereign wealth/the wealth of a nation; wealth that has been accumulate by levels of human rights abuse which (according to my value system at least) are far more deplorable than tax evasion.

B) This wealth is in turn used to the ill of the broader game; financially stacking the deck at the expense of the sense of genuine competition we are meant to enjoy each weekend. (Take the financial doping of City & Chelsea out of the last 15+ years; you don’t think our trophy cabinet might look a little different?)

You & I both know you have no interest in a genuine debate with me over the above. It’s all been put to you in the past. So post a gif or two, make a snide comment if you wish and we can both get on with the rest of our evening.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link; but we’ve been here before, John…

You’re not bringing anything fresh to the table, but in the spirit of a re-cap of my position; some bullet points:

- I am less than comfortable about the increasingly dubious financial platform the upper modern game is being played upon.

- ….That includes the source of our owner’s wealth i.e. ENIC/Lewis.

- Despite your fondness for mis-representation of my position on such matters, I do NOT laud ENIC as being virtuous owners. You choose not to see the distinction that I have in fact applauded the way that Levy has run the club; thankfully it allows me to continue to feel pride in the way we operate on the field when things are going well…. (Even then there have been moments when that has been tested; See Stratford.)

(You repeatedly complain about Lewis not injecting his wealth into our club; the irony here is that plays a pivotal part in me still finding a way to get behind the club - See point B below for context. The ‘dirty money - if you choose to call it that - is not fueling the club; we’re self sufficient. I’d like to think ethically everyone has a line that they seek not to cross… We may be some way from yours, but we are perilously close to mine.)

- What you refuse to acknowledge in debates such as this is that there is not one, but 2 aspects of club ownership and financial operations that set us apart from Chavs, City and potentially the new Newcastle ownership is that:

A) We’re talking about sovereign wealth/the wealth of a nation; wealth that has been accumulate by levels of human rights abuse which (according to my value system at least) are far more deplorable than tax evasion.

B) This wealth is in turn used to the ill of the broader game; financially stacking the deck at the expense of the sense of genuine competition we are meant to enjoy each weekend. (Take the financial doping of City & Chelsea out of the last 15+ years; you don’t think our trophy cabinet might look a little different?)

You & I both know you have no interest in a genuine debate with me over the above. It’s all been put to you in the past. So post a gif or two, make a snide comment if you wish and we can both get on with the rest of our evening.

The rest of your evening being a pot noodle and a wank!

I do love it when people moralise about other club owners. Our majority owner is Joe Lewis who together with George Soros played a major part in aggressively orchestrating Black Wednesday and cost the British tax payer £3.3 billion in the process. It’s where he made the majority of his wealth. The game is littered with duplicitous owners so this moral grandstanding by some is somewhat naive.

I do love it when people moralise about other club owners. Our majority owner is Joe Lewis who together with George Soros played a major part in aggressively orchestrating Black Wednesday and cost the British tax payer £3.3 billion in the process. It’s where he made the majority of his wealth. The game is littered with duplicitous owners so this moral grandstanding by some is somewhat naive.

If these Saudis pulled out of this Newcastle deal last minute and bought Spurs half of these cunts slagging them now would be accepting them happily the second they took over.

So, using the logic of Airfixx Airfixx , every City fan, Chelsea fan or even future Newcastle fan supports human rights abuse if they continue to support their club.

f00815c2e7b2e39cdf28ac0b2e1d516b.gif

Tell me, my friend.

Do you support massive, personal tax evasion?

Or contributing to the financial misery of millions with the event known as Black Wednesday?

Joe Lewis (British businessman) - Wikipedia

Just asking, like.
He didn't contribute to "black Wednesday". He bet on the market and got it right. It's called FX Trading, it's done every single day by countless thousands of people around the world.

He didn't contribute to "black Wednesday". He bet on the market and got it right. It's called FX Trading, it's done every single day by countless thousands of people around the world.
But, no because yachts.

Can you please not use the truth to piss on people’s arguments? Not that it’ll matter. He’ll still be peddling it as fact for as long as it suits his agenda.

But, no because yachts.

Can you please not use the truth to piss on people’s arguments? Not that it’ll matter. He’ll still be peddling it as fact for as long as it suits his agenda.
I have absolutely no issue in anyone sticking a knife into Lewis as a Tax dodger because that's exactly what he is. Other than that I don't see (or confess to knowing much about the specifics of his other businesses in his portfolio) much wrong with his operations.

I also find it absolutely hilarious that those who have just chosen to call out people having a pop at The Saudi regime as hypocrites is utter bollocks! They are from what I've seen the very people who would welcome the Suadi's with open arms and have done so in numerous threads, wanting ENIC to be superseded by them or similar.

I've every sympathy with Fishy and the rest of the Newcastle fanbase, as it's a difficult one to swallow and sort though. I don't know what I'd do if it were us. I do know several Chav fans, old friends of the family, who ripped up their ST's when Abramovic bought Chelsea after 40yrs of going there watching them play. They have never been back.

So when people call out others they have never met as hypocrites and given the situation they describe is hypothetical (no one has bought Tottenham off ENIC), it does highlight just how ridiculous their argument is.

I have absolutely no issue in anyone sticking a knife into Lewis as a Tax dodger because that's exactly what he is. Other than that I don't see (or confess to knowing much about the specifics of his other businesses in his portfolio) much wrong with his operations.

I also find it absolutely hilarious that those who have just chosen to call out people having a pop at The Saudi regime as hypocrites is utter bollocks! They are from what I've seen the very people who would welcome the Suadi's with open arms and have done so in numerous threads, wanting ENIC to be superseded by them or similar.

I've every sympathy with Fishy and the rest of the Newcastle fanbase, as it's a difficult one to swallow and sort though. I don't know what I'd do if it were us. I do know several Chav fans, old friends of the family, who ripped up their ST's when Abramovic bought Chelsea after 40yrs of going there watching them play. They have never been back.

So when people call out others they have never met as hypocrites and given the situation they describe is hypothetical (no one has bought Tottenham off ENIC), it does highlight just how ridiculous their argument is.
Wouldn’t Joe be a tax dodger if he lived here, used services, yet paid less tax than he should? Isn’t he just a man who doesn’t live here?

Maybe he’s based companies abroad that operate solely here, I’m not sure. There must be a strong reason for him being named a tax dodger.

I’ve no issue with the Saudi thing at Newcastle. No billionaire has clean hands. There’s just levels of dirty.

Wouldn’t Joe be a tax dodger if he lived here, used services, yet paid less tax than he should? Isn’t he just a man who doesn’t live here?

Maybe he’s based companies abroad that operate solely here, I’m not sure. There must be a strong reason for him being named a tax dodger.

I’ve no issue with the Saudi thing at Newcastle. No billionaire has clean hands. There’s just levels of dirty.
Yes, as many are.

Tax is a complicated issue, especially with globalisation and billionaires wealth is accumulated across countries. It's also difficult to unravel and ultimately it's a political issue. But personally I have no issues on the amounts people can earn, they should be limitless. They should be taxed at the rate at which everyone else pays, this is all I expect.

Our entire system relies on dodging tax, it's one of this countries biggest industries, it's called financial planning, from wills to pensions to ISSA's and TESSA's and types of investment shares, new products are released every year with the specific aim for ordinary men and women to avoid paying tax (or limit the tax exposure). The painter and decorator who takes his payment in cash, the taxi driver who only declares £35k from his £75k earnings.

But it is the guy that sits at the top of this pile who pays the least and for the biggest Corps. in the world pay nothing in the majority of countries they operate.

I think that's what stevee stevee seems to be implying.

Either that or we should be thanking Levy :bow: :levystare:
for allowing Poch a fraction of the transfer budget of the rivals he displaced from the top 4.

He's magic, you know.
We are all different. We are more in to the club. Others like steeve, pipes & airfixxx are way more in to the owners & chairman. No right or wrong. There is space for all of us.
We can hang a pics of kane & gazza on our side, they can hang pics of levy & yachts on the other.

Yeah erm bit erm somebody else did sumthin worse. So that makes it all ok.
:angryscouser:

I do. The game should never have allowed despicable cunts to own football clubs. If they weren't so mega rich we wouldn’t let them near this country, we just bend over for anyone with money long as it is out of sight.

Abu Dabai uses a form of modern slavery to build much of the infrastructure of their country. Just imagine the owner of Spurs being an American slave plantation owner sending out slaves to pick the cotton, unacceptable in the West but outside we turn a blind eye. The owner of Chelsea is effectively a gangster.

How can we expect fans to behave and to give up on hooliganism, racism and homophobia when the owners are just so, so much worse morally than any of these in terms of the misery they have caused. You cannot divorce football from our morals and laws and give it a free pass.

We live in a country that allows almost any dodgy person to do what they want as long as they are rich and this affects all of us. Tax dodgers on a large level mean our country will always struggle to balance the books or alternatively tax the middle class even more to make up the short fall.

Far as I am concerned football and our government is complicit in human rights abuses. Owning a football club should mean passing a fit and proper person test and these ganagsters should be nowhere near. The horse has bolted and it’s to late but the likes of Abramovich, Abu Dabai and the Saudi’s shouldn’t have been allowed in.

As for football and footballers, the reaction of the PFA alone, the arrogance of football. Quite frankly I am ashamed of the English game.

Last edited:
Guess what... Some people choose not to. Much like #1 & #2, #3 have a choice.

I didn't say #2 would be a majority.

Regardless, there's no significant difference between 1 & 3. They're both willfully looking past the morality issue in order to continue to say "Yay.... Geordies!".

I understand this is an uncomfortable reality to find yourself faced with but it is what it is.
I fear you're letting your partisan tribal position impact reason. There is definitely a difference between the wilfully ignorant, and the pragmatist. If you choose to ignore that in order to score some internet points, then I'm afraid I can't help you.

He's a tax exile end of.

We are all different. We are more in to the club. Others like steeve, pipes & airfixxx are way more in to the owners & chairman. No right or wrong. There is space for all of us.
We can hang a pics of kane & gazza on our side, they can hang pics of levy & yachts on the other.
But you know very little of that is true. Hopefully you are just being funny. I suppose I’ll never know because of the ignore thing.

Oh, yachts.

Back
Top Bottom