Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If McKenna turned down the chavs, rather than the other way around, I think that's a smart move from him. Cesspit of a club which could easily fuck his very promising managerial career up.

I think Brighton would be a smart move for him right now.

If McKenna turned down the chavs, rather than the other way around, I think that's a smart move from him. Cesspit of a club which could easily fuck his very promising managerial career up.

I think Brighton would be a smart move for him right now.

He is also a United fan so possibly could be there as well but yeh Brighton makes more sense. I can see why he wants to leave Ipswich, playing expansive football with a championship side in the prem is a hiding to nothing (see Kompany, yes I know he got the Bayern job but he also got laughed at).

I think they'll get De Zerbi, Maresca makes no sense.

It wouldn't surprise me if they're briefing journalists saying Maresca so that fans will be more excited if it ends up being De Zerbi instead.
You may be right, but I'm not sure these owners see the coach in the same way that we have always done. I think part of the reason they called time with Pochettino, is that they have no interest in a personality coach who helps shape the future of the club. They seem to see the coach as someone who serves their recruitment plan... Rather than their recruitment plan being what serves the coach. I don't think that can or will work thankfully.

De Zerbi's complained about the Brighton board in press conferences at times. What the hell would he do about the Chelsea board?

You may be right, but I'm not sure these owners see the coach in the same way that we have always done. I think part of the reason they called time with Pochettino, is that they have no interest in a personality coach who helps shape the future of the club. They seem to see the coach as someone who serves their recruitment plan... Rather than their recruitment plan being what serves the coach. I don't think that can or will work thankfully.

De Zerbi's complained about the Brighton board in press conferences at times. What the hell would he do about the Chelsea board?
That's why I think Thomas Frank is the best option, he has a similar role at Brentford and has a proven record as a coach.

De Zerbi can drill patterns into the team during preseason and make them look good for a bit but it would be his third season, I don't think it would take that long for teams to find him out.

I think if he's appointed it will be similar to their season with Sarri. They started strong until they got humiliated by us. Except now they have worse players, so they'd probably finish around 8th.

Quite amazing really. I don’t know anything of him but if Leicester fans wanted him sacked at one point then it’s a weird one. He’ll be out of the job in 12 months in all likelihood.
This has to some smokescreen, Maresca makes absolutely no sense. Especially when there's other decent managers available.

Either that or those other managers don't want to work with them.

Back
Top Bottom