Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's very early days, but:

We are +7 points versus the same fixtures last year
Already 3 points above them
Didn't give them 3 points they had last year.

They finished 4 points above us last year and we gave them six.

I'm sure with the window still open they'll wank cash to save the day.

Good points. If we had won a single match against them (and lost the other one), we would have finished in third place. Had we gotten a draw in both matches, we would have finished in third place as well.

Truly, the key to being in contention for the PL title is to salvage points when we are outplayed (+1 instead of giving up all three points) and win all three points when it looks 50/50. I.e., don’t let bad days into zero points and 50/50 days turn into draws and losses.

I think to achieve this is all about mentality for a squad like ours.

Tuchel’s post match interview couldn’t have been more salty …

“b..but … we were the better team. They were lucky with their finishing and we gifted them two goals … and we had to get a BUS to Leeds (*well actually, the players flew, but … a bus … for a journey of less than 200 miles!).. wah wah … boo hoo!”

Love it
:conterubhands:

What I don’t get is how a manager can tell his players to stop with the excuses and then all he does is give excuses himself?

Chelsea have picked up 19 points out of 39 from their last 13 league games.

Solakjaer in his last 13 leagues games before getting sacked picked up 20 points out of 39.

They also had another spell of 13 games last season from early November to mid January of 13 games that yielded just 19 points from 39. That bad run was snapped by the arrival of Dr Spurs at Stamford Bridge and a run of 5 consecutive wins.

Tuchel could be coming under pressure. League form has been scratchy since the day he took over.

Chelsea have picked up 19 points out of 39 from their last 13 league games.

Solakjaer in his last 13 leagues games before getting sacked picked up 20 points out of 39.

They also had another spell of 13 games last season from early November to mid January of 13 games that yielded just 19 points from 39. That bad run was snapped by the arrival of Dr Spurs at Stamford Bridge and a run of 5 consecutive wins.

Tuchel could be coming under pressure. League form has been scratchy since the day he took over.
Hahaha, brilliant!

But who would they get in?

Poch?

Sad Jim Carrey GIF

I'm sure Boehly is closely watching Tuchel's descent into despair, lashing out at his players, demanding more transfers.

Thomas the Victim doesn't seem to think he shares any responsibility whatsoever for this clusterfuck.

When you watch Guardiola, Klopp, Conte - they are constantly berating their players. But they appear to be instructing them into the positions the coach believes best helps the team.

With Tuchel, he's forever moaning to his coaching team, slumping onto to his seat or throwing a toddler tantrum, gangly arms & legs everywhere. It looks like he's slagging off decision making and misses. Such behaviour will not endear you to your players.

-------------------------------------

Thomas Tuchel blames Chelsea's dismal 3-0 defeat at Leeds on 'HUGE individual errors', with Blues boss outlining the need to sign 'better' players before the end of the transfer window to ignite their season​

Thomas Tuchel blasts 'individual errors' following defeat to Leeds

Well today confirms, for me, that they played out of their skins against us. Not the most surprising thing - regardless of form/season they always always turn up when we go to Stanford Bridge (and sadly we often don't), but it's still tricky to gauge where they'll finish.

Back
Top Bottom