Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nagelsmann also said he thinks the next step for football is for players to wear ear pieces so coaches can give them constant tactical tweaks in real time.
It’s still only a small part of coaching.

If it was all about tactics, Bielsa would be the greatest manager of all time.

It’s still only a small part of coaching.

If it was all about tactics, Bielsa would be the greatest manager of all time.
I actually don't necessarily think you're wrong... But I do think whether it's a small or substantial part of coaching is fluid and dependent on context.

The 6-1 at at St James' last season had nothing what so ever to do with tactics. It was a hyper fit and hyper motivated team against one that was uninterested and spent mentally and physically.

However, in the end game of major trophies, where the teams competing have a marginal difference in quality are uniformally fit and strong mentally. I really do think that it tends to be a safe bet to put your money on the smartest coach.

To be fair he is lightweight. Similar profile to Winks, nice player but physically limited. The Messi World Cup tax is massive.

He finally found his best midfield when enzo got got injured and went on a good run but they seem desperate to get rid of gallagher. To be fair to poch hes better off away from that shitshow.

Being a great footballer who speaks a good game and is quite intelligent definitely works in Kompanys favour.

The fact he seems to have both Chelsea and Bayern after him despite spending close to 150m and getting relegated quite comfortably (and even finishing below Luton) is quite something.
He also comes with Pep's approval. Which is going to open a lot of doors for him with clubs looking to replicate Pep.

I think he’d be a good appointment, what he’s done at Ipswich has been unbelievable.

Although he’d probably walk after a season like Poch so I’m not that worried either way.
For me, I think he would be better off to stay at Ipswich for the season. Chelsea are looking for instant success & love to fire if they don't think it's happening. Brighton are just looking to finish mid table while selling 3 or 4 players along the way. Man U is just an ongoing shit show with a massive wages & shit players. If he keeps Ipswich up he will be golden !!!

For me, I think he would be better off to stay at Ipswich for the season. Chelsea are looking for instant success & love to fire if they don't think it's happening. Brighton are just looking to finish mid table while selling 3 or 4 players along the way. Man U is just an ongoing shit show with a massive wages & shit players. If he keeps Ipswich up he will be golden !!!

Trying to play that style of football is very hard with a shit squad. Kompany owned the championship harder than any manager I have seen, he then tried to play Pepball with Burnley in the Prem and it was a step too far with those players. Trying to play possession attacking football with champo players is very high risk so I can see why he would be tempted with the Chav job. Both are probably just as hard but Chavs with give him more money and more exposure.

Not true.

If you are tactically adept and insightful, you can provide competent players with a system and tactics that make them far more than the expected sum of their parts.

Emery is a shining example of this.

Who has done remarkable things with unremarkable players.

Again, motivation can only get you so far.

Especially in this - fine margins - league (if you have high ambition/expectations).

It's tactical nous that makes the difference and gets you over the line.
As soon as you start hearing that a manager needs better players to make their system work, you have to begin to wonder if their system is really all that...
That's hasn't got anything to do with my point.

And it's not just drilling patterns into players per se - it's the substance and sophistication of those patterns - amongst other things - and the ability to adjust, adapt and craft new ones as required.

For all intents and purposes, Poch is a meat and potatoes manager.

For some reason our fans have Arteta-like goggles on when it comes to him and overlook all his faults.
I think we've had so many shitters in the hotseat since the 90's that when we finally get someone with some positive attributes they view them as absolute perfection personified.

Back
Top Bottom