Come here to laugh at United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

See Mourinho is trying to upset the apple cart by tapping up drink water before they face LCFC.

I hope this man falls flat on his face. Hope he loses the fickle dressing room at Man U. Probably brought in Zlatan in an attempt to stop it happening again.
Narcissistic cunt.

He's a greek tragedy...
Hamartia
Hubris
Peripeteia
Anagnorisis
Nemesis
...but forget the fucking Catharsis
He's also bloody easy to hate once the worm turns.

Some managers at least project a kindness or professionalism that makes you want things to work out for them (e.g. Jol), but not so with Mourinho.

I warned my United supporting friend that he'd probably deliver them some short term success - but at a cost of boring football, long term instability, neglecting the youth, and making everything about him.

Things seem to be going pear-shaped even sooner than I expected: though you can blame Mourinho's love-affair with Rooney (thinking that he's he same player from 5 years ago) on that.
As long as failure doesn't mean they come knocking for Poch, then we can all enjoy the show.

Last edited:
The fact Rooney starts for them highlights exactly where they are going wrong.

A ruthless and fearless manager with a real long term plan would have have shipped him out years ago.

A ruthless and fearless manager with a real long term plan would have have shipped him out years ago.

Rooney has definitely become a massive liability. At best he can be an OK number 10 but now he is being played in midfield.

Thing with Rooney is his age doesn't reflect his body, at 16 he was 21, at 21 he was 26 and now at 31 he is about 36. I am 1 year older than Rooney yet in physical age he is about 5-10 years old than me in apperance.

The guy is a very very old 31 year old, his legs have gone early and its coming to an end. That Jose still is obsessed with playing him is very funny, like playing Fallani as well, considering they have spent over 400 million in the past few seasons their squad is bizarrely average.

I still struggle to understand how England went to the Euro's in great form with young hungry players and looking a different prospect to the depressing Capello/Eriksson/Keegan crap and then changed everything to shoe-horn Wayne Charlton (Jack) into midfield. Somehow everything was Kane's fault but thats another discussion.

How many strikers actually do drop deeper as they get older, lose skills such as explosiveness and pace and then go on to become great midfielders? Does Faghorn LegRoon really seem like a Giggs in terms of longevity?

I really hope Mourinho sticks with him and it costs him his job. Hope Martial, Mata, Rashford etc get the hump with being shunted around to accommodate 35 year old Ibra & Smokey's bandit.

I still struggle to understand how England went to the Euro's in great form with young hungry players and looking a different prospect to the depressing Capello/Eriksson/Keegan crap and then changed everything to shoe-horn Wayne Charlton (Jack) into midfield. Somehow everything was Kane's fault but thats another discussion.

How many strikers actually do drop deeper as they get older, lose skills such as explosiveness and pace and then go on to become great midfielders? Does Faghorn LegRoon really seem like a Giggs in terms of longevity?

I really hope Mourinho sticks with him and it costs him his job. Hope Martial, Mata, Rashford etc get the hump with being shunted around to accommodate 35 year old Ibra & Smokey's bandit.

You don't remember Del Piero and Raul's successful stints in midfield!

This whole dropping deep thing is bollocks, he's just crap

Very interesting comment, funny to think what Poch would do with that team, imagine it would be something like

De Gea

Darmian Bailly Smalling Shaw

Schniderlin Herrera

Lingard Pogba/Mkhitaryan Rashford/Martial

Ibrahimovic

Reckon Mata would get in, always looks good but can't get away from Mourinho!

Very interesting comment, funny to think what Poch would do with that team, imagine it would be something like

De Gea

Darmian Bailly Smalling Shaw

Schniderlin Herrera

Lingard Pogba/Mkhitaryan Rashford/Martial

Ibrahimovic

Ibra would never have been bought in for £300,000 a week and Rashford would be given full faith and flourish even more. Or dare I say Martial may have a chance as the striker, given he is one and they paid over £40m.

Money would have been spent on a solid defence, as still big question marks and midfielders who move it forward quickly. Carrick and Herrera can but probably not up to being key players? The fact Fellaini starts says everything.

CtMDvfrXgAA_3Dz.jpg
Fucking lol. Either he's the biggest tool in northern England, or I really admire his sense of humor.

If that's the first game he's bought and missed, then it's disgraceful on the club.

However if it's the 5th+ time it's happened I can understand it, to avoid people buying up seats purely for loyalty points.

All depends on the context.

Seems fishy to me, wouldn't just ban you for missing one game through illness. He's probably doing something like collecting loyalty points or even selling the ticket

More bad news for their defence. Bailly could be out for up to 2 months.

Still amazes me that despite spending all the money they did, they didn't improve the overall depth of their defence. Spent a load of money on Bailly yet still have the likes of Blind and Rojo playing at centre half. Smalling has gone down hill too, at fault for all four Chelsea goals at the weekend. Shaw can't even get in the team and their best defender all season has been a converted winger.

I'm not complaining, but why on earth did they not bid 50 million for Alderweireld or Hummels? If I had unlimited funds that's what I'd do.

Strange isn't it?

Premier League proven centre half like van Dijk would have probably come in and done a solid job too, for half the price.

Back
Top Bottom