Come here to laugh at United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Better if United win on Saturday. Ole stays. Greater chance then of overtaking them as they will have a poor season.
Are we sure that he has to go if they lose? I think it would depend on how it happens.
He isn't going to resign by the look of it.
If the players don't put in a shift of any kind then that would be the end for him, but if they look like they are giving it a go then I wonder.

3tr5kqz.png

Can someone tell me how the 5-0 loss at home to Liverpool is their "worst ever home defeat" when both City AND Spurs beat them 6-1 there?

Do they think that it's worse because they didn't score even though they conceded one less?
Or is it just the usual media bollocks where they're hoping fans forget other stuff that actually happened?
"worst ever home defeat" Who are quoting?

Our best chance on the weekend is if United's players see the criticism they are receiving this week and are too fired-up.

That could see them fly into tackles and risk a red card.

If it's 11 against 11 for the majority I don't think Solskjaer will have too much to worry about..
"Our best chance on the weekend is if United's players see the criticism they are receiving this week and are too fired-up."
Fuck what Man Utd players see, think or feel. Let's see our players come out and play with passion and get right in their faces from the kck-off.

"Our best chance on the weekend is if United's players see the criticism they are receiving this week and are too fired-up."
Fuck what Man Utd players see, think or feel. Let's see our players come out and play with passion and get right in their faces from the kck-off.

Fair enough..

You think that will happen?

"He called the translator to translate to Ole that Pogba has been sent off"

He's been in the country for a year, but he needs a translator to communicate in basic English?
I heard that Cavani was never committed to stay long. He even considered option to go to a South American team before finally got persuaded to stay for another season.

And to be honest, in this confusion, when your PE teacher not speaking sense anymore, to explainthat you're a man down, and need clarification on formation is not basic English.

Last edited:
Reports of discontent in the dressing room. Who knew?

Some reports of that, some reports of the players behind the manager. All a bit strange and a lot of agents at work trying to keep him in the job or out of it I guess. Either way it sounds a mess. I did think they’d easily beat us on Saturday but if there’s that much turmoil behind the scenes maybe the football on the pitch is miles from everyone’s minds.

Some reports of that, some reports of the players behind the manager. All a bit strange and a lot of agents at work trying to keep him in the job or out of it I guess. Either way it sounds a mess. I did think they’d easily beat us on Saturday but if there’s that much turmoil behind the scenes maybe the football on the pitch is miles from everyone’s minds.
For both teams.

"He called the translator to translate to Ole that Pogba has been sent off"

He's been in the country for a year, but he needs a translator to communicate in basic English?
How many years has OGS been in football, but he needs a translator to tell him that you can't play 442 if you've had a man sent off?

No it's not my 'take'. It's a fact, he needed a translator.
Aguero lived in England for a decade and barely spoke English outside of the pure basics.

Some players pick up languages like its nothing and some struggle. And usually the later in life you start learning a new language the harder it gets.

Aguero lived in England for a decade and barely spoke English outside of the pure basics.

Some players pick up languages like its nothing and some struggle. And usually the later in life you start learning a new language the harder it gets.

Pretty sure Bale still doesn't speak Spanish. That's what the Real players said, wasn't it?

Pretty sure Bale still doesn't speak Spanish. That's what the Real players said, wasn't it?
UEFA posts lists for journalists before each CL ties about which languages that the players speak (for interview purposes). And Bale was listed as only speaking English on the most recent one.

For comparisons sake: Lukaku is fluent in 8 languages and is currently learning to speak Lingala as well.

Back
Top Bottom