Come here to laugh at United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not entirely his fault, but he's making a pigs ear of this CR situ......

He'd have been much better off keeping his cards close to his chest about Ronaldo when he first arrived. He's initially publicly said CR is important to his plans. Then CR skives for much of pre-season. Excuses are made by the club. Only for CR to eventually announce he wants to leave. He then pulls this 'early exit'. ETH initially decides not to criticize and then back-peddles a few days later and throws others under the bus with CR (so as to not seem to be picking in him).........

When ETH signed he should have demanded absolute autonomy over what he opts to do with CR and demanded a clean slate.

ETH-era will need a full re-set next summer thanks to this saga.

.....By which time De Jong may have finally decided to sign. :mourhandlaugh:
Think you're optimistic in thinking he will last that long personally...

Think you're optimistic in thinking he will last that long personally...

I hear you.

If I was a betting man, I'd be tempted to reach for the long odds that he walks within a few months.

I do however think that Utd will be aware that sacking him this season won't be a good look..........

I hear you.

If I was a betting man, I'd be tempted to reach for the long odds that he walks within a few months.

I do however think that Utd will be aware that sacking him won't be a good look..........
I think if results are inconsistent then his demeanour will do him no favours with the fans (from the little I have seen and some I have read, no real expert on the man...) and so he won't get as much patience from the board as OGS did.

Add behind the scenes turmoil to the mix and he could be on a hiding to nothing.

And that's before even considering that it remains to be seen if he is actually capable of reproducing anything resembling the side he had at Ajax even in ideal circumstances.

THE problem

7744bcd5c8b23536ec956668ea3ee683.png

Those new united kits look awfully dated. There is a difference between nicely applied retro elements and comic medieval knight design or Harry Potter school uniform. Hopefully to match a disappointing season for them too

Imagine the outrage if we started 22/23 with Eriksen up front as false 9 😄 now Ronaldo warming up... they're a broken club and Ten Haag authority will be undermined on day one

Back
Top Bottom