Come here to laugh at United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Err what did he win?
Less than a year in the job lost the best striker in the world got 5th in the league and European qualification I’d say he’d done okay…….Man Utd have spent how much to win that yesterday ? A team like United with there resources winning the FA Cup would be least I’d think they should win

On the surface, yes, so would i.

But when you take into account the many other factors at play, do you think they are better placed than us for the upcoming season?

We all want to win cups, but I doubt this is the win that puts ManU back at the top of the pile this time next year.

We certainly seem more stable at the moment with a manager in place. But when you say better placed, better placed to do what? Winning trophies, Utd are still winning them in the post Fergie era and they have been a mess at times. They have also matched our highest league finishes over that time, being 2nd/3rd.

I'd argue, given they have still been winning, Utd are better placed than us as a club overall. All they need is one good managerial appointment and some decent transfer windows (same as every other team I guess) but they are right there as an enormous, trophy laden club.

Well I would have given my eye teeth to be at Wembley yesterday, lifting up that beautful Cup, after beating our neighbours, who have been crowing over us. I didn’t watch the game until the last ten minutes but caught the celebrations and how happy the supporters, players and manager were. Who wouldn’t want that for us?

We certainly seem more stable at the moment with a manager in place. But when you say better placed, better placed to do what? Winning trophies, Utd are still winning them in the post Fergie era and they have been a mess at times. They have also matched our highest league finishes over that time, being 2nd/3rd.

I'd argue, given they have still been winning, Utd are better placed than us as a club overall. All they need is one good managerial appointment and some decent transfer windows (same as every other team I guess) but they are right there as an enormous, trophy laden club.
“All they need” is quite a lot. Even just taking what you’ve mentioned. Negating their fractured ownership, fucked stadium, unbalanced and aging squad. There’s a lot of work needed there and couple of cup wins shouldn’t hide that.

I’d suggest we have a stronger, younger and better balanced squad. We have a manager that’s getting settled in. Owners who now put up the cash each window. A wonderful stadium and infrastructure. I think we are in a much better place than they are.

Wan-Bissaka, Verane, Dalot and Martinez is a really good backline. Verane is off and Martinez can’t stay fit, was a game changer in the final but a big part of the reason their league form was shit but they where able to win the cup as if they can only be fit in a final it’s not long term.

“All they need” is quite a lot. Even just taking what you’ve mentioned. Negating their fractured ownership, fucked stadium, unbalanced and aging squad. There’s a lot of work needed there and couple of cup wins shouldn’t hide that.

I’d suggest we have a stronger, younger and better balanced squad. We have a manager that’s getting settled in. Owners who now put up the cash each window. A wonderful stadium and infrastructure. I think we are in a much better place than they are.

It's a lot, but then for a club like that, it isn't. It's everything and nothing (I know I'm making no sense lol). But what I'm trying to say is, with crap recruitment and managerial choices, they are still a club that out performs ours on the metric that really counts, winning stuff. Now if they actually get the manager and recruitment right, they'll win even more. Klopp is gone, Pep probably off after another season...if Utd get a good coach, they'll make a mockery of us being better placed to succeed. Because if they get the right man, they will back him massively.

Back
Top Bottom