Come here to laugh at West Spam

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

View: https://x.com/NOT_MOTD/status/1793696433398562958

It's a lifetime ban for sure. Which is hilariously shit for West Ham. That's a 60-80m asset down the drain, Paqueta is fantastic ... probably a starting XI player for Brazil, future Man City player. Hugely talented guy who has thrown his career away.

FA will need more evidence that those videos - of which 2 incidents where of Paqueta stopping possible counter attacks.
If he get a life-time ban for this then it may put end to yellow and red cards :D

FA will need more evidence that those videos - of which 2 incidents where of Paqueta stopping possible counter attacks.
If he get a life-time ban for this then it may put end to yellow and red cards :D
Yeah those videos with no context show nothing that you don't see in 99% of matches, I imagine if you marry them up with evidence of irregular betting patterns coming from the same source, and if that source can somehow be linked to the player, then they become a fair bit more nefarious.

I'm sure I saw a video some time back of him doing something completely outside of the flow of a game in order to receive a cast iron yellow, which was much more damning than any of these, but I can't remember the specifics, only that it was in the immediate aftermath of the initial reports of him possibly being in the shit way back.

Anyway, this all backs up my long held personal theory that you can never trust anyone with a goatee, so throw the book at him I say.

If found guilty he definitely deserves a ban of one or two years, but the 10 years being bandied about effectively ends his career.

Surely that must be press sensationalism rather than a real possibility?

Last edited:
The funny thing is after the original story coming out he has been putting in random rash challenges.
It will be phone and betting records that will nail him.
Worth a look on KUMB to see the desperation and to be fair they know he's guilty!

View: https://x.com/NOT_MOTD/status/1793696433398562958

It's a lifetime ban for sure. Which is hilariously shit for West Ham. That's a 60-80m asset down the drain, Paqueta is fantastic ... probably a starting XI player for Brazil, future Man City player. Hugely talented guy who has thrown his career away.

It does seem rather unlikely for a guy of his skill level to have brain farts leading to some of these challenges.

It's a fallacy that gambling or drugs is a new thing. Le Tissier match fixed on throw ins. Gazza took sleeping pills. Merse took cocaine.

I despise the FA's gambling rules that don't understand the difference between a normal betting addiction and match fixing.

They do understand....... One potentially begets the other but they both have vastly different degrees of punishment attached.

It's exactly how it should be.

If found guilty he definitely deserves a ban of one or two years, but the 10 years being bandied about effectively ends his career.

The FA/courts/whatever it is that decides will most likely go for the biggest possible punishment that they can throw at him. Because then it will be handed over to CAS and there's always a chance that they will lessen the punishment. so you go for the extreme to end up with a more reasonable final verdict instead of the player/team getting off too lightly.

Nope. Those have been the past punishments. He's charged with four counts, there are athletes who have served prison sentences for similar offences. If he is found guilty of doing it four times he will never play professionally again.

It's match fixing.

Back
Top Bottom