Come here to laugh at West Spam

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I really don't understand Bilic. I admit I don't particularly rate the EL myself and I didn't mind it that we didn't always take it seriously. I considered it a distraction towards getting in the top-four. But the difference between us and West Ham is that we actually had a chance of CL football. West Ham though? At best they could finish in places that get you EL imo, like they did last year, but then you don't actually take that tournament seriously when you get the chance to compete in it... just seems so pointless. Like they are just making up the numbers. Then again, maybe they are happy with that, as long as they win their cup-final against us...
I think he see's finishing high up in the league as the achievement, not qualifying for europa.
The europa can only hinder your league performances.

The best thread on sKUMB is the European tour one as they try and cherry pick who they want the most in the next round. Hilarious when the penny drops.

They've been spending the last few weeks discussing the coefficient points etc.

They have been watching all other clubs to see which ones they could get in the group stages..it's beautiful..
Although I checked this morning and it's at the bottom of page two for some reason.. They don't seem to want to talk about it today.. Anyone know why that might be..???

In the last 10 years, West Ham have clawed their way to the Europa play offs 3 times. Once because they lost the FA cup final, once because they got less bookings than anyone else and once because they finished 7th..
On all 3 occasions they failed to make the group stages, getting knocked out by part time clubs..

Things like this make me smile all day Long..

Last edited:
19j8su.jpg

In the last 10 years, West Ham have clawed their way to the Europa play offs 3 times. Once because they lost the FA cup final, once because they got less bookings than anyone else and once because they finished 7th..
On all 3 occasions they failed to make the group stages, getting knocked out by part time clubs..

Things like this make me smile all day Long..
This is how I picture SouthStand Billy SouthStand Billy on his way to work this morning

I think he see's finishing high up in the league as the achievement, not qualifying for europa.
The europa can only hinder your league performances.
I get that, but as long as you don't finish in the top-four or relegate, which they won't imo, it's all a bit pointless, they are just making up the numbers. Yeah their league performances might be a bit better, but even without EL matches I very much doubt they will actually achieve something in the league. Instead of finishing in 8th place or so they might now finish 6th... is that really worth it to throw an entire tournament for? Or are they under the illusion they can actually get top-four? I just don't see it. In fact winning the EL is arguably their best chance to get into the CL imo, but they just threw that competition away for the League where they are extremely unlikely to finish any higher than places that get you EL; a competition they don't rate anyway, lol. At least when we didn't take the EL seriously we had a realistic chance of reaching top-four, making the decision to not care about the EL somewhat justified, I don't see that justification with West Ham to be honest. Reaching EL is about as good as it will get for them...

Back
Top Bottom