Come here to laugh at West Spam

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I get that, but as long as you don't finish in the top-four or relegate, which they won't imo, it's all a bit pointless, they are just making up the numbers. Yeah their league performances might be a bit better, but even without EL matches I very much doubt they will actually achieve something in the league. Instead of finishing in 8th place or so they might now finish 6th... is that really worth it to throw an entire tournament for? Or are they under the illusion they can actually get top-four? I just don't see it. In fact winning the EL is arguably their best chance to get into the CL imo, but they just threw that competition away for the League where they are extremely unlikely to finish any higher than places that get you EL; a competition they don't rate anyway, lol. At least when we didn't take the EL seriously we had a realistic chance of reaching top-four, making the decision to not care about the EL somewhat justified, I don't see that justification with West Ham to be honest. Reaching EL is about as good as it will get for them...
I don't think they threw it away on purpose. Couldn't risk Payet or Lanzini and had injuries. Yet the team they put out was good enough to beat them. Basically the same team who beat Domzale.
They took that seriously.

I don't think they threw it away on purpose. Couldn't risk Payet or Lanzini and had injuries. Yet the team they put out was good enough to beat them. Basically the same team who beat Domzale.
They took that seriously.

Lanzini and Feghouli are ok players but nothing more, certainly wouldn't make our team. Payet is the key for West Ham, with him they are dangerous without him they are average mid table. Still should have beaten Astra but oh well.

Looks like they are close to signing a certain penalty taker...

wEkcMmT.gif

"We'd have been in Group G in Panathinaikos pot 4 place so would have got Ajax, Standard Liege & Celta"

Some great fixtures they've missed out on there.

Looking forward to seeing him do the forced arm cross cringe manoeuvre, he could jazz it up a bit with a jig as their new players are clearly think what the fuck am I doing here?

I'm not sure the club realise that it's not a cute little "hammers" thing, it's what they have to do when the police cuff them.

Interestingly enough, for the other side of that shite...

didier-drogba_1249010c.jpg

Chelsea's Salomon Kalou denies ‘handcuff’ goal celebrations gesture
Chelsea's Salomon Kalou denies 'handcuff' goal celebrations gesture

_47353491_mourinho226afp.jpg

Jose Mourinho banned and fined over 'handcuffs' gesture
BBC Sport - Football - Jose Mourinho banned and fined over 'handcuffs' gesture

Zaza scored for Italy once years ago & netted a whopping 5 goals last year. At 25 million he seems expensive, although it's a loan ( yawn ) first as per Wet Spams usual terms and conditions.

What makes me laugh is that this pile of crap is too good for them based on their actual level. :harrysmile: Zaza must be a right cunt to want to end up on the bench at this club.

Zaza scored for Italy once years ago & netted a whopping 5 goals last year. At 25 million he seems expensive, although it's a loan ( yawn ) first as per Wet Spams usual terms and conditions.

What makes me laugh is that this pile of crap is too good for them based on their actual level. :harrysmile: Zaza must be a right cunt to want to end up on the bench at this club.

Only watched Zaza a few times, looked like a joke player each time. Anyone watched him a lot as I might be biased on about 3-4 performances?

Only watched Zaza a few times, looked like a joke player each time. Anyone watched him a lot as I might be biased on about 3-4 performances?
Hes a very hard worker and can finish well, penalty at the Euros aside. But I mean his level at Serie A was Sassuolo. Then again, atleast they qualified for the Europa League groups.

sorry. but are you saying that if our manager wants Zaha he's an arse?

Surely our manager identifies players and our chairman signs them?

I can't pretend that I don't have a worry that our new stadium will have some of this going on
We will be far, far better. Whilst there have always been questions over our waiting list, it has been present and over 30k for 15yrs. They went from 15k(??) season tickets at Upton Patk to 52k at Olympic stadium, to a waiting list of 50k in 2yrs, the numbers do not add up. Everyone has been saying this will happen and the predictions have come true. It will be naive to say that a "different" crowd will not be at the New Lane, but having +30k/50k wait over 10 years for an ST shows a robust and keen fanbase.

The single tier stand will be the mecca for Spurs fans who want to make a noise, a single place to be and focus, more than PL or Shelf now, no tourists in there. I'm pinning all my hopes for a vibrant, noisy standing on this stand. Something no other new stadium has got.

Sky just announce that Waste Flam have smash their transfer record signing by getting Zaza for£24m...then add....initially he will come on loan with an option to buy.
If they ain't bought him yet how can they have broken their transfer record ?
What is it with Sky boosting their profile all the time.
They have spent £31m on Ayew, that sion bloke and Masuaku. They have sold Tomkins for £10m.
So, £21m laid out, £30 if you count taking the option to buy Lanzini.
Fletcher free
Nordvet free
feghouli free
Masuaku £6m
Zaza loan
Aye 20m
Sion bloke £5m

They were warned.
I have never been to Spurs and seen someone wearing a Woolwich shirt. Never seen kid wearing Chav and Man U shirts.
They ain't even won anything to attract glory hunters so it's going to be casual fans filling the gaff
Brady obv took a look at Fulham's neutral end, liked what she saw, and decided to implement it stadium-wide.

They were warned.
I have never been to Spurs and seen someone wearing a Woolwich shirt. Never seen kid wearing Chav and Man U shirts.
They ain't even won anything to attract glory hunters so it's going to be casual fans filling the gaff
It is. And after 2/3 months, they will start slinging them out, ( any one think the premier league ain't been onto them already after last nights & the Bournemouth social media shenanigans? Can't risk damage to the premier league brand)..after a couple of years, or a relegation,all the casuals will have gone and they will have 30/40 thousand. 20 if they go down.

Back
Top Bottom