Come here to laugh at West Spam

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have not found proof yet but I read that a steward celebrated the 4th goal. That's just priceless. Please be true! :avbpray::avbpray::avbpray:
Re: East Stand Standing
by Pox on Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:59 pm

A first for me today. A steward in block 132 celebrating Watfords last 2 goals! I didn't see him when the 3rd went in but he apparently was running along the bridge to the concourse laughing flapping his arm clicking his fingers. A few people who saw him gave him a words. When the fourth went in he laughing with his hand over his mouth.

:harrylol:

To be fair.... this prick guy raises an issue that might be worth thinking about in the new WHL...

The club are fully responsible for the mess around the standing issues and should be looking to resolve it in a constructive not destructive way as they appear to be doing.

It didn't need a rocket scientist to work out that supporters that had stood at Upton Park for years would be intending to do likewise in the new stadium and the club should have prepared for this before tickets were sold instead the club did nothing so we now have a situation where lifelong supporters wishing to support the side by continuing to stand like have done for years are sat amongst fans who wish to sit resulting in both sections of fans equally having their matchday ruined.

This should have all been avoided no one should be excusing the club for the shambles we are witnessing now, as the club have contributed massively to the problems they should now be looking to accommodate all fans expectations not wash their hands and blame everyone else.

TBH think our club are all for safe standing as we/fans were consulted on the matter. You know the kop/south stand will be where they would implement it in new WHL.

Re: East Stand Standing
by Pox on Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:59 pm

A first for me today. A steward in block 132 celebrating Watfords last 2 goals! I didn't see him when the 3rd went in but he apparently was running along the bridge to the concourse laughing flapping his arm clicking his fingers. A few people who saw him gave him a words. When the fourth went in he laughing with his hand over his mouth.

:harrylol:

How well do they pay you SouthStand Billy SouthStand Billy ?

Last edited:
Everyone wanting a good laugh related to the Olympic Stadium should pop back into the Olympic Stadium thread, where Greavesy lost his marbles bigging up the Olympic Stadium and how West Ham would overtake us.

"Just see how they have consolidated since their Championship days, now watch how they push closer to us in the next couple of seasons.

I just know I am soooooo right about this, and let's see who called it correctly at the end of this season and the next. Just remember all those on here and elsewhere who said they will 'flop at the OS,' it will be 'half empty', there'll be 'no increase in revenue', blah blah, blah. Judge then what they have written and what I have in reply :thumbup:"

He was soooooo wrong. He made absolutely no sense at all.
I went back and laughed. He'd make the same points over and over again, eventually putting them in bold and defending his posts by just restating them, as if repeating them enough made them true.

Madness. No wonder I got him and Gibbsy mixed up so often.

I went back and laughed. He'd make the same points over and over again, eventually putting them in bold and defending his posts by just restating them, as if repeating them enough made them true.

Madness. No wonder I got him and Gibbsy mixed up so often.

The most fascinating thing was the way he just ignored other people's opinion although he was below the 1% of people stating his side of the argument. Weird.

To be fair.... this prick guy raises an issue that might be worth thinking about in the new WHL...

The club are fully responsible for the mess around the standing issues and should be looking to resolve it in a constructive not destructive way as they appear to be doing.

It didn't need a rocket scientist to work out that supporters that had stood at Upton Park for years would be intending to do likewise in the new stadium and the club should have prepared for this before tickets were sold instead the club did nothing so we now have a situation where lifelong supporters wishing to support the side by continuing to stand like have done for years are sat amongst fans who wish to sit resulting in both sections of fans equally having their matchday ruined.

This should have all been avoided no one should be excusing the club for the shambles we are witnessing now, as the club have contributed massively to the problems they should now be looking to accommodate all fans expectations not wash their hands and blame everyone else.
but the thing is this, and this is what the dildo brothers and their muggy fans dont seem to get (and which our board do). Standing is currently not legal in football grounds. Therefore a club cant market an area as "people that want to stand go here". cos they would be seen as encouraging the support to break the law.

so we have created a work around. one end is one tier. all the noisy people will gravitate to that area, and they will tend to be the people that stand as well

think Greaves thought that regarding West Ham because of Chelsea but with Chavs it was purely due to spending on players not a new stadium that drove them up the table. His view was new stadium equals a bit more cash equals success but it doesn't.

Woolwich have been declining since their move from Hughbury as they kicked out David Dein and now have a shocking transfer policy relative to size of club.

Our new stadium can help us get a bit more money but if we have a shit manager, sign bad players it means nothing. If anything moving to a new stadium is a massive risk as the atmosphere helps make your home a fortress or in West Ham's case now a leaky dam.

but the thing is this, and this is what the dildo brothers and their muggy fans dont seem to get (and which our board do). Standing is currently not legal in football grounds. Therefore a club cant market an area as "people that want to stand go here". cos they would be seen as encouraging the support to break the law.

so we have created a work around. one end is one tier. all the noisy people will gravitate to that area, and they will tend to be the people that stand as well

The term is 'singing' section is cover for standing so we would have a family area and a singing area. Brady and the Dildo brothers wanted the whole thing to be family which is where the problems begin.

TBH think our club are all for safe standing as we/fans were consulted on the matter. You know the kop/south stand will be where they would implement it in new WHL.

Please don't say we're gonna call it the 'Kop'... I prefer White Wall... even though it would bring up all kinds of Supremacist connotations!

What about calling it the floating shelf?

In fact I think there would be nothing wrong with keeping some history and naming it the shelf.

I always wondered why Brooking was CBE, MBE and now is a 'sir' or why they name a stand after him.
Won fuck all as a player and played less for England than Hoddle scoring less goals. Also scored as many goals as Hoddle did for Spurs in over 200 more games. For one club. Never won as much as a player as Hoddle did either. Hoddle managed his country and clubs.
Brooking Never managed a club except a caretaker for spam.
I use Hoddle as an example not because I think he should be sir Glenn or have a stand named after him. What did Brooking do that Hoddle didn't in football? Brooking was associated with a mediocre club and didn't do much kop in his behind the scenes stint as development head of English football, and he picked McClaren as manager.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom