Come here to laugh at West Spam

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The thing that makes me wonder most, is that nearly everyone who does leave, closes their account. I think his account is still open. I dunno if anyone knows the guy outside of TFC, but I don't think he'd just walk away. I hope I'm wrong & he's still a grumpy bugger who is still out there. But I have a sad feeling about him.

You don't need to close your account!

Always just seems like attention seeking, just come on the forum if you don't want too!

They will sort it out. Yet it's going to be hard. What if the standers also want as good a view as the sitters?
The main thing is, and they can't seem to get their heads around this, is that it's not theirs.
They have a say, but don't make decisions. They cannot even brand the seats or stadium their own way. What has happened to the world class digital wrap & giant screens.
They are not in control of anything that happens inside the stadium or outside, they have hired it.
It's not been designed so that away fans do not mix. It cannot be as it's a venue for athletics and other events. It's not theirs.
It looks like a joke when you watch it on TV. I am biased obviously, but even when trying to be objective you can't get away from the fact that it's awful.
They have subsided cheap tickets with TV money hoping to make it up on corporate. That's where they hope to make the money. Otherwise what the worth of having 66k fans when you're charging them half as much as 36?
Especially as you can't receive full whack for naming rights or make money from other events.
Gold thinks it's all about capacity. Newcastle have been getting an average of 51k for years, they sell cheaper tickets. Chelsea and City had 41k & 47k averages and won titles. If Woolwich charged Spam prices they could not pay their players, even with the better global marketing appeal.
Wet Spam London rebranding and a non football friendly stadium that's rented doesn't make you a global football power.
They had planing permission from Ken Livingstone to build a new home near West Ham station that was granted to the Icelandic's before they took over. They chose not to.
The reason was the ready made corporate facilities and stadium paid for by the taxpayer.
They go on about loving the club and sinking their money into it, well why not do it then.
It's ok taking over a club for peanuts taking on debt knowing it will even itself out. Sullivan has also got more shares for every bit of dough he's put in. He has made money.
They could have sold Upton Park and put the money into their new build.
They chose the fast fix cheaper option.
It's about time everyone stopped calling it their new home because it's the home of athletics isn't it?

If they get relegated they will be completely fucked. The parachute payment will subsidise their cheap ST's for one season but they will have to bounce back at first attempt whilst players leave as they cannot afford the wage bills.

They will sell. That's the plan. I am convinced. They will sell within10 yrs, pay the drop in the ocean 'fines' and make a huge profit at the taxpayers expense.
Probably citing the break down of relations between the OLC and with the fans 'they weren't co operating and the fans didn't want us'

You don't need to close your account!

Always just seems like attention seeking, just come on the forum if you don't want too!
I know that. Just most people do if they decide they've had enough whether or not they come back in dramatic fashion. All I was saying was he didn't seem like a quitter. I hope I'm wrong & would like to hear that he's ok. Does anyone know the guy in real life?

They will sort it out. Yet it's going to be hard. What if the standers also want as good a view as the sitters?
The main thing is, and they can't seem to get their heads around this, is that it's not theirs.
They have a say, but don't make decisions. They cannot even brand the seats or stadium their own way. What has happened to the world class digital wrap & giant screens.
They are not in control of anything that happens inside the stadium or outside, they have hired it.
It's not been designed so that away fans do not mix. It cannot be as it's a venue for athletics and other events. It's not theirs.
It looks like a joke when you watch it on TV. I am biased obviously, but even when trying to be objective you can't get away from the fact that it's awful.
They have subsided cheap tickets with TV money hoping to make it up on corporate. That's where they hope to make the money. Otherwise what the worth of having 66k fans when you're charging them half as much as 36?
Especially as you can't receive full whack for naming rights or make money from other events.
Gold thinks it's all about capacity. Newcastle have been getting an average of 51k for years, they sell cheaper tickets. Chelsea and City had 41k & 47k averages and won titles. If Woolwich charged Spam prices they could not pay their players, even with the better global marketing appeal.
Wet Spam London rebranding and a non football friendly stadium that's rented doesn't make you a global football power.
They had planing permission from Ken Livingstone to build a new home near West Ham station that was granted to the Icelandic's before they took over. They chose not to.
The reason was the ready made corporate facilities and stadium paid for by the taxpayer.
They go on about loving the club and sinking their money into it, well why not do it then.
It's ok taking over a club for peanuts taking on debt knowing it will even itself out. Sullivan has also got more shares for every bit of dough he's put in. He has made money.
It's about time everyone stopped calling it their new home because it's the home of athletics isn't it?

If they get relegated they will be completely fucked. The parachute payment will subsidise their cheap ST's for one season but they will have to bounce back at first attempt whilst players leave as they cannot afford the wage bills.

They will sell. That's the plan. I am convinced. They will sell within10 yrs, pay the drop in the ocean 'fines' and make a huge profit at the taxpayers expense.
Probably citing the break down of relations between the OLC and with the fans 'they weren't co operating and the fans didn't want us'
Great post. They should have just ground shared with the Orient from day one & cut out 2 years of agony. My neighbour went yesterday. He says it's a fucking shambles from top to bottom. He couldn't even raise an argument when I told him it was a poor fit for a poor club.

I'm pretty sure there is a clause in the contract that says they can't sell their ownership for ten years unless any profit is given back to the tax payers.

The green carpet thing covering the track hurts my eyes and must be really shitty to play on.

I know the running track thing was contentious but it would genuinely look better if they left it uncovered. We all know it's there ffs.

Great post. They should have just ground shared with the Orient from day one & cut out 2 years of agony. My neighbour went yesterday. He says it's a fucking shambles from top to bottom. He couldn't even raise an argument when I told him it was a poor fit for a poor club.
When we made our bid we made it perfectly clear to anyone that would listen that it wasn't fit for football and could not be converted into a football stadium. If there was to be a football stadium there, it had to be flattened and a football stadium built.
They must have known it would have been impossible to cover the track with retractable seating too. Especially as their chairmen bird -who was on the Olympic Bid team - was, according to them, paid to consult them on the conversion before they won the bid.
Yet they wanted it at all costs and sold their souls to get it. They were not prepared to build they own gaff and wanted the cheaper, faster option. They compromised.
All the time painting us as some villains who wanted to destroy an iconic stadium - an iconic stadium that was used for a few weeks - and 'waste' taxpayers money.
In March 2013 when they were bidding Gold's words were:
“We will only go there if it is fit for use. I won’t go there if I have to look over a running track”
A lie because it's not fit for purpose, they did and he does look over a running track. It's covered with cheap green shit, but it's a running track.

He then said:
“It was always disappointing that the stadium was built just for athletics and it’s been a massive, massive job to convert it so that it’s multi-purpose'
Er, like Levy and AEG said in the first place.
It was designed for athletics and the job will not only be massive but a waste of time and money to convert as it would cost the same for a proper stadium.

The green carpet thing covering the track hurts my eyes and must be really shitty to play on.

I know the running track thing was contentious but it would genuinely look better if they left it uncovered. We all know it's there ffs.
If the Astro grass was the same colour as the pitch, how would the left back know where the touch line was when hoofing it up the pitch? I think West Ham are cleverer than we think they are.

"....... One consolation remains for fans at least; the machines that blow industrial amounts of bubbles before the match are very much functioning"

That made me smile.

All those years when Wet Spam and especially that strapping chap Brady put out their spite towards Spurs and Levy for "destroying the legacy" and all the other lies and bullshit = us now being able to throw those jibes back at them X 1000. Long may we do so. Have a look at a Big Club on Wednesday night you bunch of turds.

I keep coming back to it, but how long before they become nomads again? Having sold The Boleyn, the shine of moving to the wrong type of stadium is going set in. The fans will be calling for a return to pitch side action not the shit shower they have to put with. 99 years of those sight lines, drink that in, almost a century of watching players the size of ants running around.

They will end up moving to MK and sharing with the MK Dons. You can imagine it already MK Hammers or some such nonsense. The Dildos and Butterface will be laughing all the way to bank when they eventually sell out to a North Korean consortium of business men, who will have no qualms about relocating and rebranding.

Greaves was the only person on here I have gone toe to toe with apart from Gibbsy in his early years, I wondered that too where he had gone

I hope there has been no sad ending, I do get jealous of those who do manage to just walk away from this forum, must be an incredible feeling

Can you really ever go "toe-to-toe" with someone online....?

Surely you went
"Typing finger-to-typing finger" with him?!

I'll just leave this here, shall I...?

I'm not one to condone this sorta thing... but you know, just sometimes, when Neanderthals just need to sort it out between themselves, there really is nothing you can do except look on and marvel...

Happy Monday everyone!

Back
Top Bottom