Come here to laugh at West Spam

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He is shit: Only played one full match all year and made out as if he won the league for them single handed.
We dodged a bullet there !

Scored a few valuable goals with minimal game time. Hard to criticise tbf.

They've made an actual sensible signing in Zabaleta. Bet they're paying him some mad wages mind.

Next season. WH average age.... 32. lol

With that big old pitch I'd want young legs given the cloggy, chase-ball they'll no doubt have to result to (despite the much fabled West Ham way).

Next season. WH average age.... 32. lol

With that big old pitch I'd want young legs given the cloggy, chase-ball they'll no doubt have to result to (despite the much fabled West Ham way).

Yeah obviously they need a bunch of other signings before anyone will take notice of them, but I think for them bringing in a solid defender with his expirience is a good buy.

Yeah obviously they need a bunch of other signings before anyone will take notice of them, but I think for them bringing in a solid defender with his expirience is a good buy.

I agree it is a good buy it's only Pep couldn't understand why he couldn't play centre mid after a lifetime at full back

:pochfacepalm:

They've made an actual sensible signing in Zabaleta. Bet they're paying him some mad wages mind.
don't agree - hes been shocking for a year or more, legs are gone. Everyone at City loves him as a Bloke but even with this good will still say he is now shocking. If he is on a 3 yr contract (as reported) it just sums the dildo brothers up - look for the cheap option not the best option.

don't agree - hes been shocking for a year or more, legs are gone. Everyone at City loves him as a Bloke but even with this good will still say he is now shocking. If he is on a 3 yr contract (as reported) it just sums the dildo brothers up - look for the cheap option not the best option.

Fair enough. Maybe shocking for a top team, but a good player for a team at West Ham's level

Couldn't disagree more , not saying Zabaletta is a bad player to have because he isn't but let's face it he's slightly over the hill his legs are goinf and he's only going to get slower, they've got little chance of getting in the top 7 and they're probably not going to go down theyve got enough experienced heads so why not try and find a decent younger player to develop ? it's nice that West Ham are making bad signings from my own perspective but if I supported them or any other mid to lower Pl team I would find that sort of signing so uninspiring what message does it send out about the ethos of a premier league club when they sign 32 year old has been who were never world class in the first place.

The only annoyance is Zabaleta is a very nice bloke. Used to be a fabulous player, best RB in the league 11/12, 12/13 & 13/14 but has dropped off a cliff since then and this season his legs were spent. When Navas and Kolarov are selected ahead of you, you know it's time to hang up your boots. Should be good company for Lamella though they are good mates.

Couldn't disagree more , not saying Zabaletta is a bad player to have because he isn't but let's face it he's slightly over the hill his legs are goinf and he's only going to get slower, they've got little chance of getting in the top 7 and they're probably not going to go down theyve got enough experienced heads so why not try and find a decent younger player to develop ? it's nice that West Ham are making bad signings from my own perspective but if I supported them or any other mid to lower Pl team I would find that sort of signing so uninspiring what message does it send out about the ethos of a premier league club when they sign 32 year old has been who were never world class in the first place.

Think Gold made their position on youth quite clear a couple of days ago.

Doesn't even have to youth does it , there must be a player out there between the ages of 20-25 that is better or as good as the current version of Zaballeta that is affordable and willinging to join a PL club.

Haven't paid attention to him this year (maybe WH haven't either? lol) so I'll have to take your word for it as to the extent of his decline, but considering their level on and off the pitch....

They (board and fans) probably think it's a massive coup.

(I suspect he may be able to do a job as a stay at home style RB, but with what they're bound to be paying him; of course your strategy makes more sense..... )

Firstly Zabaleta is not a good buy as they didn't buy him as usual he was on a free.

Secondly, why didn't anyone else show interest?? that's because he's past it and over the hill.

Typical West Ham signing - Just like Arbeloa. They were going mental because they signed a CL winner, but soon realised he was not good enough..

They never learn.

Even when the truth is right in front of their eyes they are still oblivious.

math_7892412cda01f0576c79565b7b482c42.gif

Back
Top Bottom