Come here to laugh at West Spam

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

West Ham agree to pay extra £450,000 per season to increase London Stadium capacity

How nice of us, the tax payer, to continue to subsidise this mob. 66,000 ?

For mid table shit football 66,000

What would we get for decent football 62,000 ? Mind you that’s 62,000 paying customers
They are all deluded as to the reason they can fill it. They seem to think it’s becuase they have the fan base. The same fan base that couldn’t manage to buy all the STs at Upton Park and had to sell half STs.
Was the price too expensive then?

Nothing to do with having no overheads and being able to offer cheap STs and concessions which no other PL club can.
Nothing to do with making up the shortfall with corporate which they also are subsidised for. Don’t pay the waiting staff do they?
Nothing to do with tourists and London based ‘fans’ of other team’s purchasing Season /tickets.
Nothing to do with fans of West Ham not really interested in going historically buying a ST becuase it’s dirt cheap and they can go 5 games a season and sell it for the other.
Nothing to do with the thousands of freebies and £1 tickets .

Imagine if Spurs STs were as cheap.

Fucking idiots
£617 was the cheapest ST at Upton Park. It’s now £289 at the Athletic Bowl
Charge normal prices they be lucky to get 40k a week

Last edited:
They are all deluded as to the reason they can fill it. They seem to think it’s becuase they have the fan base. The same fan base that couldn’t manage to buy all the STs at Upton Park and had to sell half STs.

Nothing to do with having no overheads and being able to offer cheap STs and concessions which no other PL club can.
Nothing to do with making up the shortfall with corporate which they also are subsidised for. Don’t pay the waiting staff do they?
Nothing to do with tourists and London based ‘fans’ of other team’s purchasing Season /tickets.
Nothing to do with fans of West Ham not really interested in going historically buying a ST becuase it’s dirt cheap and they can go 5 games a season and sell it for the other.

Fucking idiots
It's amazing, they can simultaneously hold these two opinions:
  • We get huge crowds, our fanbase must be amazing.
  • Brady and co sell tickets really cheap - that's the right way to run a football club (like the Germans, innit).
I don't think I've seen the connection between these two ideas ever made by a West Ham fan. Peak doublethink.

Fucking idiots

:harrysmile:

Last edited:
They refer to Mark Noble as 'the general' on SKUMB. Tickled me that.

I'm not one to turn down the opportunity to laugh at our dear deluded caravan dwelling neighbours but when they use the term "the general" it's referring to their defender Balbuena, which is just as funny I guess.
There is a connection between him and Noble though, Balbuena is a Paraguayan and has the same amount of England caps as Noble..:D

It's amazing, they can simultaneously hold these two opinions:
  • We get huge crowds, our fanbase must be amazing.
  • Brady and co sell tickets really cheap - that's the right way to run a football club (like the Germans, innit).
I don't think I've seen the connection between these two ideas ever made by a West Ham fan. Peak doublethink.
Classic example of cognitive dissonance

I'm not one to turn down the opportunity to laugh at our dear deluded caravan dwelling neighbours but when they use the term "the general" it's referring to their defender Balbuena, which is just as funny I guess.
There is a connection between him and Noble though, Balbuena is a Paraguayan and has the same amount of England caps as Noble..:D
One of the slags definitely referred to that midfield maestro Noble as the general but as you say either way it's hilarious. I hope Southampton thrash them this evening. Birmingham are asking for more tickets at Westfield in the FA Cup too after selling over 5,000. Let's hope that fervent Brummie backing contributes to ending spams season. Again.

One of the slags definitely referred to that midfield maestro Noble as the general but as you say either way it's hilarious. I hope Southampton thrash them this evening. Birmingham are asking for more tickets at Westfield in the FA Cup too after selling over 5,000. Let's hope that fervent Brummie backing contributes to ending spams season. Again.

I'm with you Brother.

I remember a few years ago when They played Birmingham in the semi-final of the league cup, they were ahead after the first leg but somehow blew it.
I've never seen such a excited bunch, you'd think they had made the Champions league final the way they were going on. After the first leg they were talking about which end they were going to get for the final, which pub they would be drinking in etc etc.. When they blew it, I didn't stop laughing for a very long time.
It literally was the biggest time in the clubs history.... but now when we mention we are in the Semi-final, it is of course, a Mickey Mouse cup..

I'm with you Brother.

I remember a few years ago when They played Birmingham in the semi-final of the league cup, they were ahead after the first leg but somehow blew it.
I've never seen such a excited bunch, you'd think they had made the Champions league final the way they were going on. After the first leg they were talking about which end they were going to get for the final, which pub they would be drinking in etc etc.. When they blew it, I didn't stop laughing for a very long time.
It literally was the biggest time in the clubs history.... but now when we mention we are in the Semi-final, it is of course, a Mickey Mouse cup..
I have the misfortune of travelling up to London with one of them now and again and he was mocking Spurs for being third in the PL a few weeks back. WTF. I pointed out to him that third is the best ever placing they have attained in their history. You can see how much it kills them that we are so much better than them and the stadium we will have is the polar opposite of what they ended up with. The thing i love the most is that they will never get their identity back. Hate the scum.

I have the misfortune of travelling up to London with one of them now and again and he was mocking Spurs for being third in the PL a few weeks back. WTF. I pointed out to him that third is the best ever placing they have attained in their history. You can see how much it kills them that we are so much better than them and the stadium we will have is the polar opposite of what they ended up with. The thing i love the most is that they will never get their identity back. Hate the scum.

Another great read on Kumb is the 'hate over love' thread.. The amount of them who have said they would happily get relegated if it meant us not winning the league is beyond laughable, even one Dick said he would take going down to non-league football if it meant us not winning it.
They are the thickest fans on the planet and that is a fact not an opinion, Our new stadium is killing them, especially with that ridiculous circus bowl they have to endure.
We are everything they want to be but not being able to get close to us is the reason for their unbelievable jealousy.

I love it..

Another great read on Kumb is the 'hate over love' thread.. The amount of them who have said they would happily get relegated if it meant us not winning the league is beyond laughable, even one Dick said he would take going down to non-league football if it meant us not winning it.
They are the thickest fans on the planet and that is a fact not an opinion, Our new stadium is killing them, especially with that ridiculous circus bowl they have to endure.
We are everything they want to be but not being able to get close to us is the reason for their unbelievable jealousy.

I love it..
I read that too Billy, fucking hilarious. As i may have mentioned before i would ordinarily lament an English club losing their ground/identity or whatever because despite the rivalry i wouldn't want anyone to go under but i would make an exception for these cunts (and woolwich and chelsea). They are a ridiculous club who think that they are everyones 'second' club, the 'appy ammers and all that shit. From their owners down to their fans they are fucking despicable.

They refer to Mark Noble as 'the general' on SKUMB. Tickled me that.
Generally shit

giphy.gif

So no doubt speak of West Ham joining European Elite will surface again, it's not like they've recently beaten 14th, 16th, 17th & 19th placed teams. In fact, their other wins (4) have been against Newcastle (15th), Burnley (18th), Everton (who were in 10th at the time) & the worst Utd side in decades.

Is Brighton's debt from building their new stadium?
Almost certainly and their training centre which rivals many of the top tier PL clubs facilities (built way before they were promoted to PL). Since Tony Bloom took charge of Brighton the majority of this funding (£159m) has gone on investment into the stadium and the training centre, while £109m was used to bankroll operating losses. Bloom has personally lent the club £279m (£221m of loans and £58m of share capital). In 2016/17 alone he lent the club an additional £28m.

Their numbers in isolation don't look on the face of things to be that great, 107% wage to turnover ratio, big debts and substantial losses posted every year for the past 5yrs or so, but scratch below the surface and if they can remain in the PL for a couple more seasons they stand to have significant amounts of this repaid. Not bad for a club that up to 2007 were homeless without a stadium for 12yrs and were 18th in League One!!

West Ham, by contrast, is almost the polar opposite, owners charging exorbitant interest on their loans, no investment in training facilities, don't own their own stadium (which hasn't generated them a single pound in additional revenue) and are still in debt to the tune of approx £70m having sold their biggest asset the Stadium.

Back
Top Bottom