Come here to laugh at West Spam

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fair enough. I didn't actually want him, anyway. Prefer no one to come over from either of those clubs. Having a history tied to both makes him persona non grata in my eyes.

I only barely ever forgave Scott Parker, and in my heart of hearts I still hold it against him.
You mean like Jimmy Greaves? Came through the youth ranks at Chelsea and sold to West Ham in part-exchange for Martin Peters. Remains our all time top goalscorer and one of our most treasured club legends.

It was nice to see Leicester get a pasting this evening. Great performance from West Ham and very happy for Antonio.

Top Tottenham Hotspur goal scorers​

Below are Tottenham Hotspur's top Premier League scorers and the totals they have scored.

Totals are updated after each game and occasionally amended in the light of decisions of the Dubious Goal Committee.

PlayerGoalsFirstLatest
Harry Kane16407 Apr 201416 Apr 2021
Teddy Sheringham9702 Sep 199221 Apr 2003
Robbie Keane9106 Oct 200207 Nov 2009
Jermain Defoe9107 Feb 200411 Jan 2014
SON Heung-min6920 Sep 201502 May 2021
Gareth Bale5101 Sep 200702 May 2021
Christian Eriksen5126 Dec 201328 Dec 2019
Dele Alli5022 Aug 201507 Mar 2020
Chris Armstrong4822 Oct 199509 Dec 2000

:harrysmile:

The PR pushed out by this fella aided and abetted by his club is beyond belief! Above is some context, last night he went above Chris Armstrong's Tally for PL goals scored!! He's NEVER scored more than 10 goals in a PL season (8, 9, 3 ,6, 10, 9) making his average 7.5 goals a season!!

Sticks in my throat to say it, but they are a good side.
Watched them last night, they pressed, they are all big, powerful, very dangerous on set pieces. Defensively solid.
We are in a battle with these for Europa spot make no mistake.

Watched them last night, they pressed, they are all big, powerful, very dangerous on set pieces. Defensively solid.
I think they resemble us right now, albeit playing a 5-4-1 but looking to aggressively counter & their best counters are played through midfield rather than lumping up the pitch, without the ball they are compact and very aggressive too, don't allow teams to play through the middle, happy for opo to have the ball in wide areas.

Seeing as Moyes has had time to work this his team much longer than Nuno has with us then I'd say collectively they are looking more fluid than us (very, very early days for us of cause and very little to base Nuno's work on for us so pinching a lot of salt). Where they are stronger than is midfield, whilst PEH, Dele & Skipp have held their own so far the ability for us to progress the ball from midfield is I think a major issue for us, Rice on the other hand excels in this and is backed up well by Soucek and Benramha was always a good signing who need to settle.

We certainly have the better attack, with both defences having weaknesses.

Their season will be defined by how their small squad cope with Europa Legaue, they have zero experience of the demands of this slog, I think it will suck the life out of their player's legs, come Christmas fatigue, injury and playing Thursday & Sundays will take their toll. From the end of Oct they play us, Villa, Liverpool, Wolves, Man City, Brighton, Chelsea, Burnley & Woolwich which takes them up to mid-Dec (unfortunately they do have a fairly easy run of games across Xmas).

They went for muscle with some flair, with some decent players all around.

But I don't think they can carry on with high levels of intensity for a season. They also lack the one player with the wow factor that can turn a simple move into a goal threat.

But I have no doubt they will give us hell like it's the CL final when we meet

Last edited:
The PR pushed out by this fella aided and abetted by his club is beyond belief! Above is some context, last night he went above Chris Armstrong's Tally for PL goals scored!! He's NEVER scored more than 10 goals in a PL season (8, 9, 3 ,6, 10, 9) making his average 7.5 goals a season!!

He has only played upfront for one full season. All the other West ham strikers are shit for an injury prone WB /RW(mainly) to overtake them

He has only played upfront for one full season. All the other West ham strikers are shit for an injury prone WB /RW(mainly) to overtake them
I'd argue he's been played as their main attacking threat for longer than that, albeit yes from a wider position, but often the cloggers they've signed to lead the line have been injured, shit but mostly both, which means he's the one that's filled that void.

I do not rate the guy, maybe my take is way off but really his output is really poor, and he's often blowing out of his arse after about 60mins. No doubt some of this must be attributed to how various managers have had them play and I tip my hat towards Moyes who has without any doubt done and is doing a good job there now, so I do expect to see Antonio go beyond 10 PL goals for the first time in his career this season as a result of how they are playing now.

I'd argue he's been played as their main attacking threat for longer than that, albeit yes from a wider position, but often the cloggers they've signed to lead the line have been injured, shit but mostly both, which means he's the one that's filled that void.

I do not rate the guy, maybe my take is way off but really his output is really poor, and he's often blowing out of his arse after about 60mins. No doubt some of this must be attributed to how various managers have had them play and I tip my hat towards Moyes who has without any doubt done and is doing a good job there now, so I do expect to see Antonio go beyond 10 PL goals for the first time in his career this season as a result of how they are playing now.
I didn't rate him, people did because he turned up once a year against us. Since stepping up last year he has been really effective everytime I've seen him.

I didn't rate him, people did because he turned up once a year against us. Since stepping up last year he has been really effective everytime I've seen him.
I still don't rate him but I think what we are seeing is a far better team around him. A team that presses aggressively in the right areas, with the right tenacity to win turnovers that ultimately create better percentage chances for him to take advantage of.

In my eyes he's a better version of Andy Carroll, it's a bit like the Traore debate right now, someone looks like they are beasting an opponent only for that to equate to a small number of actions that come off but enough for a marketing dept promote. Take these events from 6yrs bundle them up to produce a 3min YouTube promo to feed the illusion.

I'd same the exact thing of Vardy, an extremely limited player but one that has an entire team playing behind his one strength (Havey Barnes is a far more rounded player).

Last edited:
City / renters / pool / United

us / spam / Leicester

no particular order but these are the teams fighting it out for 1-4 & 5-7 imo

Back
Top Bottom