Come here to laugh at West Spam

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Over the xmas break my bird bought us tickets to go on that big slide attached to the red metal sculpture thingy next to their stadium.
I finally had a chance to see if for myself from outside (including the world class digital wrap.) You could also partially see inside the ground from the top of the slide. It was in 'football mode' as they had a game on later that day.

First thing that struck me on the walk from Westfield is what a nightmare it must be controlling a football crowd in sucha vast, open area. I don't know if parts are funnelled or closed off by police and/or fencing but it looked like a nigh on impossible task.

The walk from Stratford station to the stadium really wasn't as long as people moan about. Fuck it. When I go to WHL we often drive and have to walk ages from the only available parking space. WHL station is much closer obviously but it was hardly the 30 minute mission that i've heard people moan about.

What you can't escape from is just how sterile it feels. No old skool boozers. A fucking huge shopping centre, which can't be too thrilled with thousands of their lot marauding through it every other week scaring the kiddies.

Anyway, for those wondering, the slide was pretty fun. plus I think it's nice how you can personally simulate West Ham's trajectory from the end of last season for just 12 quid. They should rename the thing 'The West Ham Way.' Has a much better ring to it than the ArcelorMittal Orbit.

Over the xmas break my bird bought us tickets to go on that big slide attached to the red metal sculpture thingy next to their stadium.
I finally had a chance to see if for myself from outside (including the world class digital wrap.) You could also partially see inside the ground from the top of the slide. It was in 'football mode' as they had a game on later that day.

First thing that struck me on the walk from Westfield is what a nightmare it must be controlling a football crowd in sucha vast, open area. I don't know if parts are funnelled or closed off by police and/or fencing but it looked like a nigh on impossible task.

The walk from Stratford station to the stadium really wasn't as long as people moan about. Fuck it. When I go to WHL we often drive and have to walk ages from the only available parking space. WHL station is much closer obviously but it was hardly the 30 minute mission that i've heard people moan about.

What you can't escape from is just how sterile it feels. No old skool boozers. A fucking huge shopping centre, which can't be too thrilled with thousands of their lot marauding through it every other week scaring the kiddies.

Anyway, for those wondering, the slide was pretty fun. plus I think it's nice how you can personally simulate West Ham's trajectory from the end of last season for just 12 quid. They should rename the thing 'The West Ham Way.' Has a much better ring to it than the ArcelorMittal Orbit.

One thing we don't have is a big slide on the Skywalk at new WHL, we do have a climbing wall though. Which is the opposite trajectory to a slide...

I'm in a boring meeting in our Stratford office as we speak. I'm looking right out the window and can see the Brady Slag Bowl..
Every now and then I just keep laughing as I'm reading this thread.. I'm trying to disguise it as taking notes..
People keep looking at me..

I'm in a boring meeting in our Stratford office as we speak. I'm looking right out the window and can see the Brady Slag Bowl..
Every now and then I just keep laughing as I'm reading this thread.. I'm trying to disguise it as taking notes..
People keep looking at me..
Think of Brady naked, going down on Payet to convince him to play and then tell us how people are reacting to you

How can anyone have sympathy for them.. they are truly awful ( enough of them to cast them all under the same bracket)

They think its funny to hiss etc! I hope the worst on them

I hope they go down in their shit stadium. I have no sympathy for them. Heard "Running round Tottenham, with our ......." enough times. They spout so much bile, and I have received some disgraceful chants from them.

Praying they get relegated so the trip there in May is really special.

He's just letting everyone know who he used to support before West Ham.
:harrylol:

Love the way he says 'Woolwich but nice try' as if he has just owned that comment, not relising he now looks like the most plastic shit of a fan you could get. The lack of awareness is incredible.

Kind of wonder now with such a shambles if West Ham will become a movie, it must be getting to that stage, you know like the 2008 crash had lots of films.

At least a documentary.

Love the way he says 'Woolwich but nice try' as if he has just owned that comment, not relising he now looks like the most plastic shit of a fan you could get. The lack of awareness is incredible.

Why did he not support Daddy's previous team? What an absolute Toby (not the Alderweireld either).

From KUMB Transfer thread:

"Sigurdson, Trippier, Batman, Perisic."

giphy.gif

0 from 4. Swing and a miss you daft twats.

Why did he not support Daddy's previous team? What an absolute Toby (not the Alderweireld either).

His dad sells West Ham and it's back to Arse for him. Brady apparently is an Arse fan and that's what this all is, trying to turn West Ham into Arse mark 2 but on the cheap and failing miserably.

Football Weekly Extra is good this week if anyone wants to hear Jacob Steinberg squirm...West Ham get a hell of a hammering...
Edit: To be fair he does the most of the hammering...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom