Controversial opinions about Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Harry Kane is a great league striker.... But he is just not a knock out game player. He'll score and assist a ton over the span of a league season, but when asked to deliver in a do or die situation he has a tendency to go missing. He's lacking the clutch gene.

Son is way more of a big game player for us than Harry is. As sacrilige as it may be to say about Tottenham's favourite son.

Harry Kane is a great league striker.... But he is just not a knock out game player. He'll score and assist a ton over the span of a league season, but when asked to deliver in a do or die situation he has a tendency to go missing. He's lacking the clutch gene.

Son is way more of a big game player for us than Harry is. As sacrilige as it may be to say about Tottenham's favourite son.

Toronto Raptors Drake GIF

Yeah, sorry - I too have had to give you a foul vote. Talk about controversial opinions! Many many players who played with him at the time were effusive and vociferous in their praise of Dembele.

Bloke was outstanding, and I'd say that it is YOU massively under-rating him, rather than others over-rating him.

Don't do it again.
TBF, the players who were playing with him at the time were basing their comparisons on the likes of Huddlestone (who I love, but...), Sandro (double love), Bentaleb, Stambouli, Mason.

So the bar wasn't really that high.

But, without a doubt, Moose was integral to that team and the best midfielder Spurs have had since Modric.

Not sure if it’s controversial but, Kulusevski > Diaz. To me, Diaz seems like a headless chicken, and we already have enough of them with Moura and Reguilon.

I'm not sure if these are particularly controversial, but I feel like I see a lot of the opposite opinions to these:

- Lucas is shit, has been living off of Amsterdam for a long time. Only looks good sometimes because we have no creativity and will pick the ball up and run straight into an opposition player.

- I would rather Dier be relegated to back up than Davies next season, a lot harder to find solid left sided CB's in a back 3 than a CB better than Dier. He has been good this season, but all round over the years I think there is too much frailty there and I would rather not rely on him every week.

- Reguilon and Sessegnon are perfectly fine options for LWB, they don't need replacing we should just keep trying to develop them because they are both pretty young.

- Hojbjerg is an incredibly awkward fit to this squad and we are going to need to move him on and struggle to do so, turns like a truck and can't pass. Is a great leader but would happily get rid tomorrow if we could find a replacement.

- Even though we don't need Dybala it is a clever buy because we are being overly reliant on Kane and Son and running them into the ground by playing them every game, would be good to have him so we can rotate all 3 of them through and have Kulusevski still getting football as well.

- The likes of Parrott, Scarlett and any other youth striker you can think of will never make it here because we won't give them an opportunity. And that's not necessarily wrong, but Kane is here for the foreseeable future and they're gonna need football sooner rather than later.

Sacking Jose 6 days before the cup final and putting a fucking rookie in charge is the single worst thing that Levy has done at Tottenham

Worse than hiring Santini
Worse than Sacking Jol during a game
Worse than trying to move us to Stratford (but I believe he was just trying to put pressure on Haringey council)
Worse than Furloughing our staff
Worse than joining the ESL

Nah, sorry that's unforgivable

Last edited:
Lamela was heavily overrated by our fans for his effort and other things like calling Wilshere a pussy and the rabonas (was there for the first one in the Europa League actually, in the old block 35 so behind the goal he scored in) but he cost £30m in 2013 money. That’s like £50m today ffs. Hazard went to Chelsea for £33m the year before for reference of the level of player £30m was supposed to get you. We thought he was gonna be the Bale replacement, esp when the club gave him the 11 shirt, out of those 7 signings but he only replicated Bale’s ability to get injured. And when he did play he got games mainly because of his defensive skills and the fact that Poch loved that he would set the pressing tone from the front. But the guy was a walking yellow card who barely scored yet was benching Son for a good couple of years. Yes he wasn’t the same guy he is today but imo if Son played as much as lamela did back in 2015-2017 we’d have won the league one of those years due to the additional goal threat.

Also, Hoj can put in a decent impression of a good midfielder on his day but imo if the club genuinely wants to be solidly top 4, challenging for the league ie where we were a few years ago, he should be a squad player at best and we need to bring someone else in. It’s no surprise we’ve declined as much as we have when we allowed the likes of Sissoko, Winks and him to become acceptable starting midfield options. Same goes for Dier too imo.

Sacking Jose 6 days before the cup final and putting a fuckign rookie in charge is the single worst thing that Levy has done at Tottenham

Worse than hiring Santini
Worse than Sacking Jol during a game
Worse than trying to move us to Stratford (but I believe he was just trying to put pressure on Haringey council)
Worse than Furloughing our staff
Worse than joining the ESL

Nah, sorry that's unforgivable
Although I’m tempted to agree I’m assuming something occurred that gave him little option because as you say it’s puzzling

TBF, the players who were playing with him at the time were basing their comparisons on the likes of Huddlestone (who I love, but...), Sandro (double love), Bentaleb, Stambouli, Mason.

So the bar wasn't really that high.

But, without a doubt, Moose was integral to that team and the best midfielder Spurs have had since Modric.
You also forgot to mention Paulinho :sneaky:.

I always thought Paulinho was the worst among all of the midfielders you mentioned.. Even Capoue was a more useful player than him.

Last edited:
He’s incredible and our best player by a country mile, but I just don’t like Harry Kane any more. Don’t care if he stays or goes this or next summer.

Kind of looking forward until the day all the players that served under Poch are gone.

Back
Top Bottom