Controversial opinions about Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lamela was heavily overrated by our fans for his effort and other things like calling Wilshere a pussy and the rabonas (was there for the first one in the Europa League actually, in the old block 35 so behind the goal he scored in) but he cost £30m in 2013 money. That’s like £50m today ffs. Hazard went to Chelsea for £33m the year before for reference of the level of player £30m was supposed to get you. We thought he was gonna be the Bale replacement, esp when the club gave him the 11 shirt, out of those 7 signings but he only replicated Bale’s ability to get injured. And when he did play he got games mainly because of his defensive skills and the fact that Poch loved that he would set the pressing tone from the front. But the guy was a walking yellow card who barely scored yet was benching Son for a good couple of years. Yes he wasn’t the same guy he is today but imo if Son played as much as lamela did back in 2015-2017 we’d have won the league one of those years due to the additional goal threat.

The stuff about Sonny is wrong.

He wasn't particularly good in his first season and provided little reason why he ought to be a starter. Come the following season, Sonny (and Lamela) were being kept out of the team due to our typically playing 3421 where there was only room for Dele/Eriksen. By the time Son had worked his way up the pecking order and showed himself to be a reliable goal-scorer, we'd begun playing 4321 again with Son/Dele/Eriksen.

I like Gary Lineker
champions league football GIF by VfL Wolfsburg

Although I’m tempted to agree I’m assuming something occurred that gave him little option because as you say it’s puzzling
The only thing that "happened" was Levy wanted a power play over Jose. If Jose won the cup he would have been struggling to sack him. He did the same with Graham.
Dopey decision. But the decision that Jose made to play Aurier instead of Doc was even dopier.
We could have had 2 trophies last season and we were top of the EPL at one stage.

Soldado was a great goal scorer and a top player. His only problem was the opposition defenders kept tackling him and blocking his shots

Daniel Levy isn't actually bald , He wears a bald wig so that he appears more bond villain like

We've never been given enough respect in the footballing world for the Audi Cup triumph & our showing in the 2006 Peace Cup

We spent too much money in the 2018 summer transfer window , put the club's future in jeopardy chasing instant success

Sacking Jose 6 days before the cup final and putting a fucking rookie in charge is the single worst thing that Levy has done at Tottenham

Worse than hiring Santini
Worse than Sacking Jol during a game
Worse than trying to move us to Stratford (but I believe he was just trying to put pressure on Haringey council)
Worse than Furloughing our staff
Worse than joining the ESL

Nah, sorry that's unforgivable

Nothing is worse than trying to move us to Stratford.

José was let down by most of the squad. We kept conceding after the 80th minute for I don't know how many times (Fulham, Wolves, Liverpool, Newcastle, Spam etc.) The football was dire but if the players would concentrate just a bit more we would have top 4 no doubt.

José was let down by most of the squad. We kept conceding after the 80th minute for I don't know how many times (Fulham, Wolves, Liverpool, Newcastle, Spam etc.) The football was dire but if the players would concentrate just a bit more we would have top 4 no doubt.

Our players looked unfit, they don’t now, fitness still sits under the manager.

My take on it was that Levy was worried Mourinho would win the fucking thing.
It’s a bizarre thought, but I can’t help feel that way too. He probably thought he couldn’t sack him if he surprised everyone and won the fucking thing.
It was a very strange thing to do otherwise unless he’d caught Mourinho plating his daughter in the directors box or something

It’s a bizarre thought, but I can’t help feel that way too. He probably thought he couldn’t sack him if he surprised everyone and won the fucking thing.
It was a very strange thing to do otherwise unless he’d caught Mourinho plating his daughter in the directors box or something
Never 'eard it called that before...

If the mood in the dressing room had got as shitty as some suggest, then Levy could just as easily have been seeking a new manager bounce on the basis that he was gonna bin Jose off come the end of the season anyway (both with a view on the LCfinal and the top 4 chase).

Back
Top Bottom