Controversial opinions about Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Meme Reaction GIF
Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

Our fans,in some cases,can be as deluded as some opposition fans say we are. Except west ham,as they talk bollocks...

Chick king isnt as great as we like to think,or indeed as it was.
The Chips from the sadly defunct Chippy next to WHL station north bound platform exit,knock the above mentioned Chick king's version into a Cocked hat

Henry said he was the best he ever faced. King would have easily been able to handle champions league football
My assumption, he's one of these YouTube fans that watch clips. I used to watch King off the ball he was ridiculous at reading danger, very rarely went diving in late off his own error( did it a fair bit for someone elses). He was ridiculously good at deffending positionally he improved radically after a year alongside Naybet after which he just made it look piss easy. I think we'd never have kept him without the knee injuries. He was good enough to play for prime Barca Real Madrid... There's a game King played for England in a WC against France that France win 2-1 in the last minutes Zidane free kick. Folk who did not see him at his best should watch it, he absolutely bossed that game against some of the best attacking players ever.

Poch not being backed after the CL final has to be one of the worst takes in football.

N'dombele - £54m
GLC - £42m
Sess - £25m
Clarke - £10m

£131m outlay.

King was a superb defender and leader.
But if he hadn't been as injury prone,would he be as universally liked with us as he is now.
IE would he have left to win trophies as well...
It's the sad truth Sean. I see an odd thing happening with the Spurs fan base where its becoming fashionable to under-rate him. I think its through association with the horrible Mourinho years. But it's a massive disservice to a player who (hope the Poch cult are sitting down) was better than Vertonghen and Alderweireld for us( let the record show I LOVE all three people I mention)he actually captained us to a trophy nor the mythical top four runner up badge we loved. Oh and he was epic in that game we won away to City to get champions league football in the first place.

Last edited:
It's the sad truth Sean. I see an odd thing happening with the Spurs fan base where its becoming fashionable to under-rate him. I think its through association with the horrible Mourinho years. But it's a massive disservice to a player who (hope the Poch cult are sitting down) was better than Vertonghen and Alderweireld for us he actually captained us to a trophy nor the mythical top four runner up badge we loved. Oh and he was epic in that game we won away to City to get champions league football in the first place.
Yep. One of the few who will always be a spurs Captain to me. Some who have held that privilege,were just guardians.

Daniel Levy's has done a very good job as chairman of this club but it's been overshadowed by clubs who are using cheat codes to buy success with dirty money. :)

It's a tired debate.

BUT.... There's no escaping the fact that if you took the sports-washing scum out of the EPL we'd have 1 x EPL title, a few more domestic cups and another 4/5 seasons in the CL (and all the related prize money to spend!) to look back on which would mean a total re-evaluation of our ownerships so-called lack of success.

Top 4 was definately the priority but he was pretty careless in cup comps and made no secret of it like...

Not putting Kane on the bench against Colchester
Playing Son at LWB against Chelsea
Playing Vorm in goal whje he had Lloris available against Utd

Him openly dismissing cup comps gave the players and excuse to not take them seriously then again Jurgen Klopp did the same thing but was never open about it but you can only justify it if you win the league or CL like he did.

Poch: "[Domestic] cups are for egos"

Poch x 1000: "We work for the chance to complete for big things"
I'm not saying he isn't party responsible, I'm saying his attitude reflects the attitude of the boardroom.

I'm not saying he isn't party responsible, I'm saying his attitude reflects the attitude of the boardroom.

I literally said top 4 was the priority :p but he didn't help himself with the ridiculous decisions he made like the ones I made reference to.

Back
Top Bottom