Copa America

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

mundo29.jpg

Looking forward to that one:

the most likely outcome for the other Semi is Uruguay going through to face Chile, so that is a nice prospect also. In saying that Chile-Peru could be a bit tasty :

If the final ends up being Argentina-Uruguay :

If it's Argentina-Chile in the Final, that is known as the "cold hell derby"...

If Toby does leave I want Gimenez as the replacement.
That lad is a master of mind games according to Falcao.

When Gimenez had his national team debut against Colombia in the WC qualifiers he took Falcao out of the game by asking him stupid questions so he couldn't focus on football. "What date is it? I'm gonna have it tattooed since it is my debut", followed by "Is September spelled with a P or a B?" as well as asking Falcao what car he had and what hair product he used.

Falcao confirmed this in an interview.

I applaud the banter.

If Toby does leave I want Gimenez as the replacement.

Honestly mate, I'm watching the Uruguay game just now and thinking the exact same thing. I think it helps that he plays alongside the steady old hand Godin at club and international level and they are a formidable partnership but Gimenez has the look of a top centre back.

Worked my way through the last two QF's - and work was pretty much the operative word. Columbia/Chile wasn't bad for 60-70 mins, first half was pretty decent in fact, but it got really scrappy as the game wore on, Chile pretty much deserved to go through I guess.

Uruguay only got themselves to blame, wasted chances and situations, then allowed Peru into the game, almost against Peru's wishes to not be in the game.

Having had a thing with an Argentine lady back in the day (until she left to run a llama farm in Peru, sob) I feel qualified to comment on their footballing prospects:
Absolutely all people from Argentina are mental and love bants. Because of this Argentina are going to confound expectations and win the Copa America for no reason other than it would be funny.

It's nailed on.

Cracking game.

Being played a 1000 mph. Both teams pressing the heck out of each other and also kicking the shit out of each other.

Some great bits of skill too.

Argies could do with Lo Celso.

Back
Top Bottom