Cristian Romero

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yup

No hiding from it for the club if it happens again with Romero
the fans arent innocent either. youve had fools singing about loving eric dier! when you got a fanbase celebrating mediocrity like that its no wonder the actual gems want to fuck off.

the standards at this club are a joke. clubs been wheel spinning for decades. the foundations look to be strong but the potential will never be fulfilled. its actually fucking boring now.

I warned this would happen a few times earlier this season. If Madrid want to make it happen they will, and Levy for sure will accept any offer north of 100million. Otherwise we may keep him another season when the rumors will probably start up again.

Making him captain and giving him a big pay raise would probably endear us to him, which could parlay well into a post-Son rebuild. But if not for whatever reason, 110m or so plus Dragusin and we are not in bad shape. Spend that wisely and we could have 2 50m players in place of a player that perhaps would be upset or bitter if forced to stay.

We have to accept that the club are not so ambitious as to turn down exceptional transfer fees for the sake of being the most competitive. Romero would be sold so long as RM and Levy agree a price.

We’ve got Phillips in the wings as a plug and play replacement, similar to Richy replacing Kane. Good contingency planning to be fair to secure new players ahead of the exit of outgoing players. Also both secured at a lower cost than the outgoing players which helps the balance sheet trophy race and may free up funds for another mega bonus for our CEO. Win win

We’ve got Phillips in the wings as a plug and play replacement, similar to Richy replacing Kane. Good contingency planning to be fair to secure new players ahead of the exit of outgoing players. Also both secured at a lower cost than the outgoing players which helps the balance sheet trophy race and may free up funds for another mega bonus for our CEO. Win win
Phillips prob needs a full season loan in the Champo before he’s ready to be our backup CB. If we can keep Romero one last season we should be well set for his potential transfer.

Romero wouldn't refuse Madrid either..get the best price possible and let him leave with our thanks..in the meantime go get Braithwaite from Everton and sancho from dortmund..both young top class & English ..killing the overseas player malarky at the same time.
Martin Braithwaite actually plays for Espanyol and he's 33 :cool:
Jarrad BraNnthwaite, on the other hand, plays at Everton... But Everton would want at least £80m for him (they paid Carlisle United £1,2m for him in 2020).
Sancho's been discussed before a few times here and most people were against signing him due to disciplinarian issues (he's often late for practices)...

Der Bild: When Jadon Sancho was at Dortmund, discipline was always a concern, he often came late to training or flew away for 2 to 3 days after a match. The biggest problem, according to BVB bosses, is that Sancho sleeps too little and sits at the console and plays until the early hours of the morning.

Last edited:
the fans arent innocent either. youve had fools singing about loving eric dier! when you got a fanbase celebrating mediocrity like that its no wonder the actual gems want to fuck off.

the standards at this club are a joke. clubs been wheel spinning for decades. the foundations look to be strong but the potential will never be fulfilled. its actually fucking boring now.
What’s wrong with singing about Eric Dier?

Romero wouldn't refuse Madrid either..get the best price possible and let him leave with our thanks..in the meantime go get Braithwaite from Everton and sancho from dortmund..both young top class & English ..killing the overseas player malarky at the same time.

Branthwaite is a lefty. Total waste of money unless we're looking to sell van de Ven at the same time and get rid of the best centre back pairing we've had in 7 years.

If true, only a matter of when, not if.

Obvious but true. Same could be said about any player at any club.

Romero is one of the best centre backs in the entire world and tbh arguably one of the best centre backs the club's ever had.

If we aren't going to give him what he needs, even if he wanted to stay, he'll know for the better of his career he'd have to move on.

Long gone are the days where players stay out of loyalty like a Vertonghen when they're at their peak. Even then, we were in semi finals and finals so enough to whet their appetite. Need to get back to that to even convince Romero we're on the right track.

One positive is that he seems to absolutely love and buy into Ange and what he wants more than anyone.

Let’s face it, Cuti ain’t going to turn them down. European Champions and just added Mbappe

No but really depends on whether Real are willing to throw £100-120m on a defender. If they are it will happen if not he stays. Next summer when he has only 2 years left then it becomes more plausible.

No but really depends on whether Real are willing to throw £100-120m on a defender. If they are it will happen if not he stays. Next summer when he has only 2 years left then it becomes more plausible.
Yup. And I don't think Romero would be all that upset either. Ange did enough to show he deserves another season to show if he can build towards a title contender.

If he can't (and or the club don't support him), then Romero leaves next season having put 3 seasons in and done exceptionally. We also get a massive fee. Professional all around.

Of course, if that's the case, I can see Ange leaving as well, because it probably means the club screwed him again.

Far too early every way.

You were all over sacking the manager a few weeks ago after a few adverse results, if you got your wish there's no way our key players like Romero stick around.

If you're advocating sacking a manager who's not even a year into his tenure then those wheels you refer to are just going to keep on spinning and those very sane standards remain on the floor...

Last edited:
Let’s face it, Cuti ain’t going to turn them down. European Champions and just added Mbappe

If all this is true, we have Dragusin to come in. We can use any money to build in other areas.

Romero needs soneone next to him who controls the excess. We ain't getting anyone who can do that.

He can sometimes be a liability in my opinion.

It's likely going to happen one day . But let's not get our knickers in a twist this summer.

We know most years our best players are linked to moves away, it's good for clicks and all that lark.

He said he's happy, club is moving in the right direction, likes the manager.

Players get their butts sniffed all the time. Clubs plan their windows in 2/3 windows in advance.

Nature of the beast.

He's a good player but I still maintain that his departure won't hurt as much (due to the system mostly).

Years ago I maintained Kanes departure won't hurt us providing we signed a "Maddison type player" who can cover his assists and a "Richarlison type player" that is adaptable and can chip in with 15 goals or so. I remember the ridicule then and it's turned out OK.

we are conceding goals galore with Romero in the team. It's not a situation where we currently have a formidable back 4 where we are not conceding (example being if Gooner scum lost saliba they would be absolutely screwed).

He definitely wants out (or wanted out) and Real Madrid are definitely interested. If they come calling they usually get their target (which is why I accepted his outtie months back). I suppose there's a chance Levy will reject bids but I eventually see a scenario where Romero goes public about his desire to join Madrid and then we drag it out before selling.

He's a good player but I still maintain that his departure won't hurt as much (due to the system mostly).

Years ago I maintained Kanes departure won't hurt us providing we signed a "Maddison type player" who can cover his assists and a "Richarlison type player" that is adaptable and can chip in with 15 goals or so. I remember the ridicule then and it's turned out OK.

we are conceding goals galore with Romero in the team. It's not a situation where we currently have a formidable back 4 where we are not conceding (example being if Gooner scum lost saliba they would be absolutely screwed).

He definitely wants out (or wanted out) and Real Madrid are definitely interested. If they come calling they usually get their target (which is why I accepted his outtie months back). I suppose there's a chance Levy will reject bids but I eventually see a scenario where Romero goes public about his desire to join Madrid and then we drag it out before selling.

We miss him pretty bad when he doesn't play. As good as anyone in the world for ball playing and passing out, plus he blocks more shots than anyone and pushes us forward by winning it back high up in our half.

Our adaptation to a new system and the injuries and suspensions are the main reasons why our back 4 didn't have such a formidable record last season. With Dragu as the 3rd CB and likely another coming in, we should be a lot more stable.

I guess we have to see how it goes but the chances of it being this summer are pretty slim IMO and if he did go this summer when we haven't had enough time to bed in Dragusin and the next CB, I think we'd be in big trouble tbh. He can be replaced like any player but in terms of logistics, we really could use a season of relative stability at the back first.

Back
Top Bottom