Cristian Romero

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If they want him and he wants to go there’s not much we can do about it. The last thing we need is a pissed off Romero in the squad.

If it is going to happen then get a good price and get it done early so we can spend the money in this window; none of the usual last day shenanigans please. Otherwise get him to commit to a new contract now.

Whatever RM pay their highest paid defender, match it and more on top. Then they have to
1-pay a record fee for a defender to get him.
2- level up with all their top earning defenders who will want parity with the new boy.
I’m sure if they want him, they will ultimately get him if he wants to go. It’s RM after all.
Levy will/should make it as expensive and uncomfortable as possible if they are serious. Like ball squeezingly uncomfortable.
Yes. RM pay their top defenders about £230k p/w. That is doable for Spurs, and is line with PL wages for a player like Romero. It's only marginally more than Ndombele was paid.

Ask yourself this ... who should be the top paid players in the Spurs squad given importance to team and flight risk?

Romero and VdV would be at the top of my list. VdV perhaps can be kept hungry for more for another season.

Give him a pay rise and put it to bed for a couple of years at least. When he's getting to 30 then we can think

The best we can do is get the best price we can .Players aren't interested in projects that even if they show progress will take a few years .Any player chased by the likes of RM won't hang around with us as it's more than likely we won't challenge for the two biggest prizes on offer and we can't even challenge for the lesser ones either for that matter.
.It will never change with levy he has shown what he is about for years now .We will only challenge if we get new owners like the big clubs that actually want success on the field .

Another one of our best players linked with a move to a club that actually wins things.

Levy:
200.gif

On a serious note though, Alasdair Gold has to spout some of the biggest loads of guff you’ll ever hear/read from a so called reputable journalist.

Clearly his only “sources” are people within the club itself, and any scoops he has are merely fed to him directly from the club.
A mouth piece is all he is and anything he breaks, good or bad, should be taken with an absolute silo load of salt.

Another one of our best players linked with a move to a club that actually wins things.

Levy:
200.gif

On a serious note though, Alasdair Gold has to spout some of the biggest loads of guff you’ll ever hear/read from a so called reputable journalist.

Clearly his only “sources” are people within the club itself, and any scoops he has are merely fed to him directly from the club.
A mouth piece is all he is and anything he breaks, good or bad, should be taken with an absolute silo load of salt.

Oh shut up you boring jabroni.

I’d rather listen to 5 hours of Ali Gold than read one of your posts.

Do one

Oh shut up you boring jabroni.

I’d rather listen to 5 hours of Ali Gold than read one of your posts.

Do one
What in my post do you disagree with?

We get it mate, you don’t give a shit about how Spurs are run etc etc you only support the team on the pitch yadda yadda.
If you want to bury your head in the sand too and continue to just plod and happy clap fine, but no need to continuously abuse others who wish to call out the truth.

All you have to do is press that ignore button if my posts annoy you that much, it’s not that difficult. :paraticiwink:

We get it mate, you don’t give a shit about how Spurs are run etc etc you only support the team on the pitch yadda yadda.
If you want to bury your head in the sand too and continue to just plod and happy clap fine, but no need to continuously abuse others who wish to call out the truth.

All you have to do is press that ignore button if my posts annoy you that much, it’s not that difficult. :paraticiwink:

Whose ‘we’. You can speak for yourself, fella, but don’t pretend you’re the designated speaker for the spurs fan base.

For the record, my disagree was aimed at you attempting to dig out Ali Gold. As if he doesn’t have more of an idea than you about what is or isn’t happening.

No happy clapping or burying my head in the sand. I’ve already said I’ll judge the window at the end of it, not before, but that I’m not confident levy-boi will produce the goods.

Hope that clarifies things fella.

:nunothumb:

He just spams posts with dislikes because he's a manchild that overrates his own intelligence and opinions.
Put him on ignore.

Let’s be honest the guy has Real Madrid player written all over him. A natural born leader and winner. I’ll have absolutely no qualms when they do sign him, and they will. He deserves all the highest accolades and trophy’s.

Let’s be honest the guy has Real Madrid player written all over him. A natural born leader and winner. I’ll have absolutely no qualms when they do sign him, and they will. He deserves all the highest accolades and trophy’s.
What would be a fair fee in your opinion?

What would be a fair fee in your opinion?

he’s only 26, peak years arguably still ahead of him so I would say anything north of 100 million. We have sold Real one of the best midfielders they have ever had, maybe ever, for 30 million quid. I know it was a different time back then but it’s about time Real dug deep and paid us the big money. We don’t sell duds.

Back
Top Bottom