Cristian Romero

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I totally agree about the record there. Funny how of those 2 wins in 29 years, ENIC Have been around for 21 of them btw...
I looked into this before, and pre-ENIC, it was nowhere near as bad.
You could attribute that to how good they were in the late 90's to the mid 00s but since around 2012 they've really fallen away and we haven't taken advantage.
It's more the attitude I'm worried about. They're below us. They were being utterly lambasted recently from every angle. Now we go into this game and I suspect we will be a complete no-show.
Think back to times like the 4-4 at their place, the 4-5 at our place, both teams went AT IT and trid to win.
I think we're gonna spend the entire game terrified to pass the ball positively and get chased off the ball all game.
It's hard to predict how both teams would approach this game.

I think we'll attempt to play positively if our recent games are an indicator although that's not a large sample size to start to place bets on it happening. Or maybe my desire for us to do this is winning over my thoughts but my feeling is if we played as we did against Chavs first half they couldn't live with us, they are nowhere near as good defensively as Chavs.

Midfield battle will be interesting and possibly determine the outcome of the game, I think Smith-Rowe is a really good player by no means the finished article but he's well used to NLD's and performing well in them across his youth days (used to watch a lot of our youth games when he played against us and was always one of the best players on the pitch if not the best). My guess is they might want to play a deeper more counter-attack game????

But really difficult to make an accurate prediction on what to expect from either (that's a worse indictment on them given that Aretta has been there for almost 2 years!

He was good overall but we will regularly concede goals if he doesn't curb his instinct to step out all the time. This is not Serie A, opponents in the PL play so much faster that you can't afford to step out and miss the ball.

Pissed off that there's more internationals coming up. Think this guy will be immense from November on when he gets a good run in the team and a chance to settle at the club and in London

Fantastic centre back, and he's only going to get better. I was really surprised when we were able to nab him, and it's gonna be really exciting to see him develop.

Pochettino would've absolutely loved him too. Fiery bastard.

Back
Top Bottom