Cristian Romero

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ycs4W65.jpg

Lol, what us a successful pressure?
What about all the other stats? Headers, interceptions, long/short pass completion, fouls conceded/won
This is a prime example of selective stat use IMO.

None of this is to say I don't think he's a good defender with a great future. Just that there are many many metrics to rate players, not just 3.

think hed be good at screening the CB's too. hes technically very good on the ball. could easily play a CDM role.

think hes our best bit of recruitment since paying 16m for modric. 50m for a defender of this quality in the current market is an absolute snip.

think hed be good at screening the CB's too. hes technically very good on the ball. could easily play a CDM role.

think hes our best bit of recruitment since paying 16m for modric. 50m for a defender of this quality in the current market is an absolute snip.

It's Ledley King all over again.
Why take a player who is at the peak of their powers out of their strongest position?
I want Kane to score 30 goals a season, not play as a Pirlo because he can pass it around a bit.

It's Ledley King all over again.
Why take a player who is at the peak of their powers out of their strongest position?
I want Kane to score 30 goals a season, not play as a Pirlo because he can pass it around a bit.
not saying thats what i would do im saying he could do that if there was an emergency or a need. hed do a better job there than a lot of premier league CDM's. would play that role better than dier imo who was meant to be a cdm.

not saying thats what i would do im saying he could do that if there was an emergency or a need. hed do a better job there than a lot of premier league CDM's. would play that role better than dier imo who was meant to be a cdm.
I wasn't convinced Dier was a PL footballer for a long time, let alone a CDM

Lol, what us a successful pressure?
What about all the other stats? Headers, interceptions, long/short pass completion, fouls conceded/won
This is a prime example of selective stat use IMO.

None of this is to say I don't think he's a good defender with a great future. Just that there are many many metrics to rate players, not just 3.
No shit.

A CV doesn't highlight one's shortcomings.

This is how I hoped / imagined / dreamed Fazio would play when we signed him. Watching Romero you really notice the level of skill needed to excel at tackling. Anyone can chuck a leg out but his timing and technique are brilliant - especially the jack knife lunge on Richarlison!! 🤣🤣
I used to think his yellow cards and lunges were a byproduct of being aggressive, but I swear he just does it to fuck with people.

Btw, Lo Celso is a good counterexample of this, he lunges in all the time and frequntly gives away a foul.

Actually, no, it's Winks. I could put him on is arse with a fake shot.

He's clearly spent his time perfecting his Social Media skills!!!
Noticed the little CR logo at the bottom... someone's been to graphic design night classes!

Hasn't Cristiano Ronaldo™ copywritten the letters C&R?

I didn't think anyone else was allowed to use those letters, in that order any more?!
Does that mean he has to pay Ronaldo royalties when he's buying a house? You have to put your initials on the bottom of every page on the contract.

He could end up paying Ronaldo more than he's paying for the house!

Note: the above is sarcasm...

Romero is the cute kid you'd be worried about if he did prison time. Then you notice he's running the joint.
He is a Cuti(e) all right, looks like butter wouldn't melt. However, he is mean, moody and magnificent, and gives most forwards nightmares when they know they are going to face him.
My only concern is that he does pick up a fair share of niggles/injuries, so we need to do everything we can to keep him fit and well.

He is a Cuti(e) all right, looks like butter wouldn't melt. However, he is mean, moody and magnificent, and gives most forwards nightmares when they know they are going to face him.
My only concern is that he does pick up a fair share of niggles/injuries, so we need to do everything we can to keep him fit and well.
He's also very humble, I was surprised how self-criticial he was about his season and the need to improve. I was worried with his attitude cos of all the Argentina crap during lockdown.

I trust Conte to look after him. I remember when he returned from his long injury Conte subbed him off several times at the first sign of trouble (it was just fatigue).

Are there any players on the current roster who have the potential to step into the starring role after the Son Heung-min/Harry Kane era is over? — Will N.

Eccleshare:
I really think the answer here is Romero. The guy just oozes class and presence, and at 24 he will only get better in the years to come. When I interviewed him in April, you could feel his star quality as soon as he entered the room.

I’m also a huge fan of Bissouma, who I think could go to another level having swapped Brighton for Spurs. Kulusevski maybe, but I see him as more of an extremely effective cog rather than the star man in the style of a Son or Kane.

Back
Top Bottom