Crystal Palace v. Tottenham Hotspur - Sunday, December 13, 2:15 PM GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

During Pochs time we'd be amazing most of the season. But it was moments like these when we'd have the chance to pull away from our rivals or catch up to a rival after they lost that we would then go on to miss that opportunity. Lets hope we make it count this time and go 5 points ahead of the chavs.

We need to play the strongest team in every league match. There’s no point resting two of three of our most important players because we’ve got Liverpool on Wednesday only to drop 2 or 3 points against Palace and then find that we lose or draw anyway on Wednesday with our strongest team. We could then find ourselves six points adrift rather than three.

Just go all out to win every match FFS and accept that someone may get injured.

I'm not at all confident, too many battle scars from the past to be complacent, because 'it's only Palace'.
As has been mentioned, let's hope that the 'one game at a time' mantra is being instilled into the players and whoever is selected does their job.
I'm getting used to see our name at the top of the pile, please keep it going boys, that would be the best Christmas present EVER :)

Cracking game, but you see a very clear difference when we “go for it” to when we “park the bus”.

People want this approach but it feels WAY more like Palace could score than it did City or Woolwich would

Palace at the weekend fellas. Have your wits about you.

Eo9OQUNW8AEhR_t

A clean sheet tomorrow would mean that its 484 minutes of PL football since we conceded a goal.

Think about that. Our defence, thfc, aurier, dier, would have not let anyone score for 8 HOURS of PL football.

That my friends, excites me in a totally inappropriate way.

Last edited:
This could be a like a game of table football when the ball lands in the exact spot between the 2 lines of opposing players but neither can touch it.

The first game ever where both sides have 30% possession.

1-1 FT

2 points dropped really. Liverpool will absolutely smash Fulham later and go 2 points clear heading into the game on Wednesday, where we go up against a team that hasn't lost at home in the league for 3 years and a place we haven't won in nearly a decade.

Royally pissed off.

60 minutes of bus parking up only 1-0 at Selhurst. Can anyone really defend this ? I understand that these tactics have worked in recent weeks but spurs looked very dangerous before Kane’s goal and after Palace’s goal. Why not go toe to toe with Palace up 1-0 ? Spurs surely have the superior talent. Get that second and it’s 3 spurs points. Jose got it so wrong

What fucking game were you watching? Utter nonsense. Parking the bus for 60 minutes. Rubbish.

There’s two teams in a football match we had the better of the first half and opening moments of the second plus the last ten. The home team, a goal down, in front of their fans for the first time were trying to get a goal. If our players could pass better today or not give away stupid free kicks we’d of won.

We won’t win every game. We haven’t lost a league game in 11 matches. If Kane scores at the end it’s a regulation away 2 1 win. There’s some utter bollocks being spouted in this thread.

Of course, as long as we are first on the table, it's technically all in our hands. I'd rather that be the case than not.

However, it's very discouraging how we didn't take advantage of this opportunity. What will we do next time? Last time Liverpool dropped points, so did we.

We're only 5 points ahead of 8th place Man U, who still have a game in hand. If we lose against Liverpool, we could drop as low as 5th.

I can't bring myself to celebrate Liverpool's fuck up too much.

SPOILER:

We will drop points again this season.

SPOILER:

So will other teams....

Compelling game this, isn't it. :)

Back
Top Bottom