Crystal Palace v. Tottenham Hotspur - Sunday, December 13, 2:15 PM GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

During Pochs time we'd be amazing most of the season. But it was moments like these when we'd have the chance to pull away from our rivals or catch up to a rival after they lost that we would then go on to miss that opportunity. Lets hope we make it count this time and go 5 points ahead of the chavs.

I find it surprising that so many on here would be happy to rotate/rest players for Palace.

This game is not a gimme. Palace sit back and counter. We tend to struggle to break down those teams. Any sort of complacency and we’ll lose. No point in beating Liverpool if we lose to Crystal Palace.

Fair points.

And we don't need to rest players with Liverpool playing after us.

A win puts a bit of pressure on them against Fulham as well.

I love that we are in a position to take advantage of the results around us this weekend but absolutely hate the feeling leading up to the game. We have very seldom taken advantage of results around us. I hope Jose has done his magic with our players and our players have the believe and mentality to go on and take the opportunity!!!

COYS!!!

During Pochs time we'd be amazing most of the season. But it was moments like these when we'd have the chance to pull away from our rivals or catch up to a rival after they lost that we would then go on to miss that opportunity. Lets hope we make it count this time and go 5 points ahead of the chavs.

Forget Chelsea for a minute.

Your post is spot on and the issue is mentality.

We have largely dispelled the theory but tomorrow is another test.

it’s a Tottenham trait we have to get rid of. I have every bit of confidence Mourinho is slowly building us into serial winners. It’s games like tomorrow we have to win, then get a draw at Anfield would be a superb return. Can’t expect to win every game.

I'm confident we'll do a job on them, Palace haven't even been defensively sound this year. They've barely kept a clean sheet.
It'll be interesting to see how long we can keep this excellent defensive run going: 4 league matches in a row keeping clean sheets (with Man City, Chelsea, and Woolwich included of course).

If you remove the mad Lask 3-3 we've also kept two more clean sheets in the Europa League in between those games.

it’s a Tottenham trait we have to get rid of. I have every bit of confidence Mourinho is slowly building us into serial winners. It’s games like tomorrow we have to win, then get a draw at Anfield would be a superb return. Can’t expect to win every game.

One step at a time fella... Winning something is the first frontier.

Last edited:
I find it surprising that so many on here would be happy to rotate/rest players for Palace.

This game is not a gimme. Palace sit back and counter. We tend to struggle to break down those teams. Any sort of complacency and we’ll lose. No point in beating Liverpool if we lose to Crystal Palace.

I agree with you about Palace, but we have also have 7 games in the next 18 days, including two six pointers this week. We’re not going to be able to just trot out the same team every game. A successful season relies on a successful squad, not just an 11.

Since Everton, no-one has outplayed us. But we have had to grind it out against some of the lesser teams. For these games, where teams sit deep, I like Doherty. He gives us width and combines with the forwards better than Aurier. We're solid enough defensively, we can keep Aurier fresh for Liverpool.

I agree with you about Palace, but we have also have 7 games in the next 18 days, including two six pointers this week. We’re not going to be able to just trot out the same team every game. A successful season relies on a successful squad, not just an 11.
Other teams will have plenty of games as well..this is where our squad depth can come handy

Back
Top Bottom