Daily Update: Has Jose Been Sacked Yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from the ageist remark, why wouldn't anyone see a LC win as a success? Talk about being entitled! Do I want more - of course I do, and I would love to lift the EL too.

I feel the same way. I fall into the older group of fanbase and it’s been a minute since we’ve won anything. Any cup even a LC is never a given! If it’s so easy to win a LC, why haven’t we won more of them all these years? Any team still have to have luck not to draw too many strong teams along the way, and then any team will always have to beat at least one strong team to win it.

It’s troubling to me to see the entitlement shift in our fanbase. We’ve come a long way as far as the stature of our club, we’re globally known, have a global fanbase, have a fantastic stadium and training facility, but...but...we’re not yet that club that wins things! Until we’re that club, I will never look down on any cup where we have to beat teams in our league to win!

The way I see it -

Top 4 (with or without any cups) - he stays
Outside 4 with LC win - he's gone
Outside 4 with EL win - he stays
Outside top 4 with both EL & LC wins - he stays.
For me any combination he stays
He gets funded in the Summer to sort out our defence and we go again next season

The silence in the Jose thread after we beat Wolfpellets last week says it all. It feels like nobody takes any joy in us winning. Just smug gloating when we lose. Anybody who dares to celebrate us winning a match is a Jose plant and not a real Spurs fan. I mean unironically making your profile pic of a manager from another team says it all.

If Jose gets the boot soon then the drunken giddiness from the super fans will set the tone going forwards.
Just not ready to be excited yet, only to be let down again that's all.

Just not ready to be excited yet, only to be let down again that's all.
I don’t know how long you’ve followed us but it’s been happening since the 60s
Part of the attraction I suppose

Moments of brilliance interspersed with crap
but no other team does it for me

I feel the same way. I fall into the older group of fanbase and it’s been a minute since we’ve won anything. Any cup even a LC is never a given! If it’s so easy to win a LC, why haven’t we won more of them all these years? Any team still have to have luck not to draw too many strong teams along the way, and then any team will always have to beat at least one strong team to win it.

It’s troubling to me to see the entitlement shift in our fanbase. We’ve come a long way as far as the stature of our club, we’re globally known, have a global fanbase, have a fantastic stadium and training facility, but...but...we’re not yet that club that wins things! Until we’re that club, I will never look down on any cup where we have to beat teams in our league to win!
I think the problem is perspective...I don't think anyone is saying "don't win the LC". Its that winning the LC is not an indicator of success for the club, and doing so shouldn't mean we don't sort out issues in the squad, change the manager, etc. We're in the final, sure, let's win it.

But if we crash out of the EL, finish 6th in the league, and win the LC we need to sack Jose and rebuild the squad. Conflating the LC with success is what Wigan, Birmingham, and Swansea did. Conflating the FA Cup with success is what Woolwich has been doing for years. You want to swap the past 5 years with those clubs? Of course not.

Winning the LC would be nice, but its hardly going to be a pivotal matter in the future of the club.

As much as I want him gone and think he has done more than enough to deserve it, at this point I doubt Levy fires him. He loves him way too much and will be very short sighted in looking out the buy out cost ignoring the long term damage Jose is doing to the club.

Piss off Jose loverboy.
#joseout
#ENICIN

I Don't Think many people truly Appreciate the Genius of Mo. I admit, I wouldn't have voted for him to join Spurs if I had a vote when he was hired.

Now I see a change in our team. Players are "hungry" to win. Players who took it for granted they are starters now know, without hard work, there's no guarentees.

Dispite our losses there is a different atmosphere around Spurs.
Our Strikers have the best records in Europe. Our Midfielders are giving their all. He cannot be blamed for our defensive woes. Only one, maybe two, of our defenders would get on the bench of Bayern, Madrid ,City....etc.

I hope, even if we dont win anything, Levy and Crew will keep him. I hope they'll give him the financial backing for our defense. If he fails then, by all means give him the boot.

Its not that the fans dont want a league cup, its because its jose winning the league cup..

If poch had one a league cup he would be hailed as the messiah "omg he brought us a trophy 🏆" "league cup is a very underrated trophy "

Jose wins it " mickey mouse trophy " "pointless easy trophy still want him gone"

Its pathetic really, if fans were allowed in stadiums Wembley would be sold out for all spurs fans trust me!

I think the problem is perspective...I don't think anyone is saying "don't win the LC". Its that winning the LC is not an indicator of success for the club, and doing so shouldn't mean we don't sort out issues in the squad, change the manager, etc. We're in the final, sure, let's win it.

But if we crash out of the EL, finish 6th in the league, and win the LC we need to sack Jose and rebuild the squad. Conflating the LC with success is what Wigan, Birmingham, and Swansea did. Conflating the FA Cup with success is what Woolwich has been doing for years. You want to swap the past 5 years with those clubs? Of course not.

Winning the LC would be nice, but its hardly going to be a pivotal matter in the future of the club.
So much bollocks in one paragraph, Birmingham and Swansea were in a relegation battle before their league cup finals and didnt survive, the league cup had nothing to do with those teams getting relegated.
My friend whos a Birmingham fan would strongly disagree with all of what you said, for him it was one of the best days of his life.
Woolwich are on a rebuilding process with a young manager and still manage to win the fa cup yes that is success, Woolwich have won 2 fa cups and 2 community shields im pretty sure 100 percent of spurs fan base would swap the last 5 years!

What kind of logic is this, win the league cup and sack the manager ( the main thing he was brought in for a trophy ) then waste another year rebuilding with another manager jeez!!

So much bollocks in one paragraph, Birmingham and Swansea were in a relegation battle before their league cup finals and didnt survive, the league cup had nothing to do with those teams getting relegated.
My friend whos a Birmingham fan would strongly disagree with all of what you said, for him it was one of the best days of his life.
Woolwich are on a rebuilding process with a young manager and still manage to win the fa cup yes that is success, Woolwich have won 2 fa cups and 2 community shields im pretty sure 100 percent of spurs fan base would swap the last 5 years!

What kind of logic is this, win the league cup and sack the manager ( the main thing he was brought in for a trophy ) then waste another year rebuilding with another manager jeez!!
Ok, enjoy defining success as the 2nd tier domestic cup then. United fucked off Mourinho not long after he won it and the EL, but maybe you're happy with a lack of ambition.

Ok, enjoy defining success as the 2nd tier domestic cup then. United fucked off Mourinho not long after he won it and the EL, but maybe you're happy with a lack of ambition.

I'll enjoy Spurs winning a major honour thanks.

Seeing us come to the end of yet another cup campaign and actually walk away with something will be memorable. Especially against such a big team like City who have won everything.

I pity the fans who have gone all in on their hatred for Jose that they deride any achievement that Spurs achieve.

Stupid comment.
Saying "stupid comment" without any reason is, itself, stupid.
If you think managers in the PL wait around despite the intense scrutiny until they're sacked has anything to do with their belief they can make it work, you're nuts. It's about making sure they get paid millions and millions, possibly even tens of millions in compensation. As the money in the PL for managers has increased, the number of resignations has decreased.
This can't be said of Scotland. Neil Lennon was on £2.4m a year. Meanwhile Fat Sam get's £1m for every position WBA finish above 18th + his annual salary which is 7 figures. Plus a bonus on top of the per-place £1m bonus for staying up. Ideally he won't get any as I dislike him and WBA lots.

As for the last comment, it was tongue in cheek but let's be real, that shit HAS happened. He WAS threatened by some pretty nasty people in the past already.

So what exactly is stupid about anything I said?

The League Cup is a major honour. A major honour we haven't won in a decade and we are a cup glory team. Not a league winning club.

Fans slagging off a major honour are on a higher level of fandom enlightenment than I'll ever be. This is what happens when the media are entirely saturated with Dipper and Manure pundits. The entitlement levels raise.
It's so major the only prize is getting to start our season in late June against teams from Kazakstan.

I'd probably be sitting Mourinho down right now and say to him "we can't be doing this again next season, don't win the LC unless you win the Ropey league or finish 4th"
Having to play in the intertoto cup in July just to qualify for the Ropey league again and go through all this again will just mean another season of terrible inconsistency.

Its not that the fans dont want a league cup, its because its jose winning the league cup..

If poch had one a league cup he would be hailed as the messiah "omg he brought us a trophy 🏆" "league cup is a very underrated trophy "

Jose wins it " mickey mouse trophy " "pointless easy trophy still want him gone"

Its pathetic really, if fans were allowed in stadiums Wembley would be sold out for all spurs fans trust me!
I dunno if you're aiming this at me but in no way does this apply to me.
I just see the bigger picture of what is a genuine spring board to success. The league cup is absolutely not that in any comprehensible way. Will Kane thing "I can now say I have finally won something so I don't ever need to leave"
Will we sign that WC centre back we need to push for the league title because we finished 8th, behind West Ham, Leicester and Everton?
Will a gazillionair sponsor our stadium an obscene amount of money to be linked with winning the Carabaaoaoaoaoa cup?

It's a joke. And the prize is a burden.

Saying "stupid comment" without any reason is, itself, stupid.
If you think managers in the PL wait around despite the intense scrutiny until they're sacked has anything to do with their belief they can make it work, you're nuts. It's about making sure they get paid millions and millions, possibly even tens of millions in compensation. As the money in the PL for managers has increased, the number of resignations has decreased.
This can't be said of Scotland. Neil Lennon was on £2.4m a year. Meanwhile Fat Sam get's £1m for every position WBA finish above 18th + his annual salary which is 7 figures. Plus a bonus on top of the per-place £1m bonus for staying up. Ideally he won't get any as I dislike him and WBA lots.

As for the last comment, it was tongue in cheek but let's be real, that shit HAS happened. He WAS threatened by some pretty nasty people in the past already.

So what exactly is stupid about anything I said?
I was referring to your final comment. My apologies i picked it up as from his own fans threatening him. Wrong end of the stick 👍👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom