Dane Scarlett

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The truth is more likely to be that Conte is happy (for now!) for Stevie B to deputise and for Dane to be on the periphery of our pool of 5/6 attackers.

Conte's view of our atackers seems to be quit holistic......

i.e. Kane, Son, Lucas, Berg, Kulu & Dane

rather than

Kane, Dane + Son, Lucas, Berg, Kulu
That's a good point.

Wouldn't mind a cheeky loan bid for Scarlett from Wealdstone in the summer.

I grew up in Wealdstone , used to watch them as a kid when they still had their own ground. Obviously that was a long time ago , back when George Duck was the legendary striker.
He still gets mentioned by fans of a certain vintage at current games.

Duck had signed schoolboy forms at Tottenham in 1965 aged 13, which was almost too good to be true for a fan of the club and recent Double winners.

“I was brought up on them as a kid. I was nine years old when they won the Double in 1961 and it was fantastic,” he said.

He still gets mentioned by fans of a certain vintage at current games.

Duck had signed schoolboy forms at Tottenham in 1965 aged 13, which was almost too good to be true for a fan of the club and recent Double winners.

“I was brought up on them as a kid. I was nine years old when they won the Double in 1961 and it was fantastic,” he said.

Great memories

Seven young Spurs stars who will burst on to the scene next season to save Daniel Levy millions

Dane Scarlett

It's easy to forget that Dane Scarlett is still just 17-years-old and he is another who is having a real season of learning and development, mostly being done behind the scenes.

The striker arrived on the scene with a bang last season as a 16-year-old, Jose Mourinho calling him an "immense talent" and "a diamond, a kid with incredible potential".

Tottenham's inability to sign another senior striker has handed Scarlett some opportunities this season in the first team that, at his age, he probably would not have otherwise got.

He has got his first three starts for the club under his belt, appearing in five senior matches this term in all. He has also been named on the bench a further 16 times under Nuno Espirito Santo and then Antonio Conte.

That first senior goal is yet to arrive for the England U19 international, but the experience he will be getting as a 17-year-old, working alongside the likes of Harry Kane and Son Heung-min and with one of the best coaches in the game in Conte will be invaluable for his future.

His promotion to become a full member of the first team has meant less game time with the U23s, but he has appeared in their last three games, grabbing an assist in the defeat to Crystal Palace last week. He also scored in the EFL Trophy against an experienced Oxford United side.

Spurs have high hopes for Scarlett and as long as he keeps working hard, particularly on his strength and hold-up play, he will start fulfilling that incredible potential.

Dane Scarlett is still a little boy getting knocked about in mens football Did you guys see the games he has played in the first team
he needs to play compedative U23 football not what happens at most of these acadmey games
he is not ready for man's football so can't see a loan to english lower league team being any good for him

Dane Scarlett is still a little boy getting knocked about in mens football Did you guys see the games he has played in the first team
he needs to play compedative U23 football not what happens at most of these acadmey games
he is not ready for man's football so can't see a loan to english lower league team being any good for him
Get him in the ladies team, see if he can score, maybe they'll make a man of him...

Back
Top Bottom