Dane Scarlett

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

His EPL debut today.
I knew when they were taking that FK they would aim it at Dane but luckily it hit the post.
Harry played a long ball to him that was slightly under hit otherwise he was in.
A good passage of play in the middle of the field when he put himself about a bit.

I don't think Conte dishes out this kind of praise lightly. So very encouraging, and backs up what Mourinho was saying about him.

There's definitely something about him. Note a Kane or Bervatov, but maybe a bit of a Diego Costa.

Between him, Parrot, Etete, and Donley there are quite a few promising strikers in the youth ranks. Hope he gets a loan asap. Loan to Norwich next season might suit him, they create chances, he will just need to finish them.

There's definitely something about him. Note a Kane or Bervatov, but maybe a bit of a Diego Costa.

Between him, Parrot, Etete, and Donley there are quite a few promising strikers in the youth ranks. Hope he gets a loan asap. Loan to Norwich next season might suit him, they create chances, he will just need to finish them.
I don't think I'm the only one who has wondered what all the fuss is about on the few occasions we've seen him in the first team.

But these kinds of comments suggest he's not going on loan. Conte really likes him, and I think was sending a message to him to stay patient, because his opportunity will come.

I don't think I'm the only one who has wondered what all the fuss is about on the few occasions we've seen him in the first team.

But these kinds of comments suggest he's not going on loan. Conte really likes him, and I think was sending a message to him to stay patient, because his opportunity will come.
I agree on the fuss being a bit OTT on what we've seen so far but to be fair the majority of minutes he got were under Nuno when we were creating nothing. Even Kane was feeding off scraps and looking a plodder back then. Still think it would be best for him to have a loan next season.

Weird comparison...... In what sense?
From what I've seen he's a clinical finisher who loves a physical tussle. He seems to be able to score goals on his own in and around the box the way Costa used to but not much else.

That style isn't working out great for a kid up against grown men though.

From what I've seen he's a clinical finisher who loves a physical tussle. He seems to be able to score goals on his own in and around the box the way Costa used to but not much else.

That style isn't working out great for a kid up against grown men though.

I don't think his build will allow him to physically dominate like it had in the youth game........

The only times he's really looked comfortable in the seniors was in pre-season and it seemed to be his movement and mobility that was working for him.

Yet to really see him enjoy much time with the ball so far. The team's been shit around him when he's played.

He was too young to get loaned this season, I think? Spursidol Spursidol will confirm.
Conte putting him in the squad and training with the 1st team maybe the best way this season?
If we get top 4 he will be loaned.

He was too young to get loaned this season, I think? Spursidol Spursidol will confirm.
Conte putting him in the squad and training with the 1st team maybe the best way this season?
If we get top 4 he will be loaned.

Yup, he's aged 17 - turns 18 later this month. Too young to loan out this season and isn't really challenged by u23'although he's played a few games whilst training with the first team and been on the bench quite a lot.

Not sure if the plan is to loan him out next season or try to develop him internally by playing some first team games - still young to loan out ? Might even keep him in house and loan out next January ?

I'd love to see him get a full season loan in the championship next season. He'll should be fine for a loan at 18 in the champo. He needs to be playing senior competitive matches to maximize the realization of his potential.

Back
Top Bottom