Dane Scarlett

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Player ratings from PompeyLive EFL Trophy RO32

Dane Scarlett - 9 -MOTM​

(Replaced by Josh Koroma on 77 minutes): Lovely finish for Pompey’s goal and had another great chance with a lob minutes later. Yet overall game was superb, holding the ball up and battling away.

Very little creativity, but general movement by Dane is good ... andI did suggest next season
FYI, Portsmouth's top goalscorer is joint 3rd in the league, and before yesterday, Scarlett was the same amount as their LB (Ogilvie), so I don't think creativity of the team is the issue.

It sounds like he is doing a lot of good work though, but he will need to add goals to get a Championship loan, which he might do 2nd half of the season, who knows.

He’s hugely promising and still v young but unless he scores goals, I don’t think he will be of much interest to Champ clubs next season

Watch the video as well.

“Dane – wow! I don’t think I’ve seen a number nine defend from the front like that in all my days watching football.

Danny Cowley on Dane Scarlett “I am telling you now, in 15 years of football, I don’t remember seeing a number nine defend as well as Dane did with that effort. “It’s not just energy, not just intensity, his intelligence was so good, I am so pleased with him.

I told him in the lead up in the game, just keep being an honest kid, put the team first and football always repays those qualities. “It’s an honest game is football and I was pleased with him because he so deserved to score that goal – and what a really good finish as well.

“He’s just a good kid, he has a steel about him which is beyond his years, mentally he’s incredibly tough and that’s why we know he is going to be the very, very best he can be. “Whatever that will be, I have no doubt he will make the most of his natural talent.

Watch the video as well.

“Dane – wow! I don’t think I’ve seen a number nine defend from the front like that in all my days watching football.

Danny Cowley on Dane Scarlett “I am telling you now, in 15 years of football, I don’t remember seeing a number nine defend as well as Dane did with that effort. “It’s not just energy, not just intensity, his intelligence was so good, I am so pleased with him.

I told him in the lead up in the game, just keep being an honest kid, put the team first and football always repays those qualities. “It’s an honest game is football and I was pleased with him because he so deserved to score that goal – and what a really good finish as well.

“He’s just a good kid, he has a steel about him which is beyond his years, mentally he’s incredibly tough and that’s why we know he is going to be the very, very best he can be. “Whatever that will be, I have no doubt he will make the most of his natural talent.
That's really encouraging words, and great to hear there doesn't appear to be any negatives in his attitude, personality or demeanour from a football perspective at least.

Confirmed by Pompeylive that they haven’t been given permission by their parent clubs

Same situation as the first round proper, looks like Scarlett's not been given permission by Spurs to play in the 2nd round of the FA cup either and out of the squad today

Same situation as the first round proper, looks like Scarlett's not been given permission by Spurs to play in the 2nd round of the FA cup either and out of the squad today

Confirmed

'Elsewhere, Dale Scarlett and Owen Dale have not been given permission from their parent clubs to appear in the FA Cup.'

Player ratings from PompeyLive EFL Trophy QF

Dane Scarlett - 5​

(Replaced by Reeco Hackett on 72 minutes) Was played out on the left but was unable to get many clear cut strikes on goal.

*Played on the left of a 4-2-3-1 under their caretaker manager Bassey. Saw Robbie Keane was one of the names being considered for the Pompey job, wouldn't be a bad person for Dane to learn a thing or two from...

Back
Top Bottom