Dane Scarlett

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You keep moving the goalposts (pun not intended). It's impossible to have a rational, adult debate with you.
I could say a lot more, addressing your last reply, but I can't be arsed. You sound like one of those juvenile idiots who comment on the BBC football site.

You can't say shit because you've realised the error of your ways and you're trying to save face after realising Portsmouth fans are actually over the moon with his performances, despite the ridiculous expectations Spurs fans have of an 18 year old who's started less than 3 league games his entire career.

I've proved how the loan is beneficial to Spurs in that one of their top youngsters is getting sufficient minutes in competitive mens football and I've proved to you also how Portsmouth are benefiting by the fact his performances are lauded by their fans.

So tell me again, what goalposts were moved?

Also, whilst you're here. Feel free to tell me about this loan business you seem to be an expert of and what should have been expected. Ta.

Last edited:
Ian Ogilvy, he took over Roger Moore as The Saint.
Right. I've just checked him out on Wikipedia. He appeared in the Return of the Saint, aired for one series that ran for 24 episodes between September 1978 and March 1979. I was out of the country at that time, gallivanting around the world.

Ian Ogilvy, he took over Roger Moore as The Saint.
f571329cc0ef14155814854ebd137a74c80b5432.gif

Always thought McGoohan was top boy, turned down Bond and The Prisoner is soo cool (except a few later episodes they shoehorned for US TV Deal).

Last night 8/10 for the local news coverage.

10. Dane Scarlett - 8​

(Replaced by Michael Jacobs on 64 minutes): What a player Pompey have on their hands. Honesty in his hard running in tandem with quality and skill. Thank you Spurs!

Think you couldn’t ask much more of an 18 year old really.

You don't get this loan business do you?
It's meant to be beneficial to both parties, in this case Spurs and Portsmouth.
Portsmouth's priority is to get promoted, if Scarlett doesn't play well, he'll be dropped. if he's dropped regularly, he'll end up back at Spurs. It's happened to players in the past, most recently Troy Parrott.

But Scarlett is playing well though...

Portsmouth getting promoted and Scarlett getting a Championship loan off the back of it would be the best thing to happen. Long long season though in those lower leagues and Portsmouth will do a great job if they'e still up there come the end of it.

Glad he's doing well. The discussion about whether or not it was a good loan on the previous page was quite frankly embarrassing.

Back
Top Bottom