Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Never understood why people were so quick to give Walker a pass, the guy left us for a domestic title rival who we have finished above for the previous seasons and has also now come out that he told Poch of his desire to leave mid title push which could of upset some of the harmony and togetherness in the dressing room.

Many still hold a grudge, but the treaturous behaviour of Rose puts Walkers 'crimes' into perspective.

Never understood why people were so quick to give Walker a pass, the guy left us for a domestic title rival who we have finished above for the previous seasons and has also now come out that he told Poch of his desire to leave mid title push which could of upset some of the harmony and togetherness in the dressing room.
He left ''the right way''.

Not gonna rewatch the game but to my recollection Walker was one of the few that were on their game vs WH.

No-one was questioning his performances at the time.... I call retrospective speculation on your part.

id suggest you watch the replay of all the games he was involved in. There is no suprise that he barely started games and when he did he was taken off in a move that wasnt tactical but because he was playing poorly. They certainly were questioning his performance. Not at all retrospective on my part.

He will get game time, but he will also be shown the door at whatever is the best time for the club. Maybe January, the summer at the latest.
Shame really, Walker turned his head. Walker's exit had so much more class to it though. Rose will be quickly forgotten by most
Yeah it will be a shame as he is a good player. Ideally he plays well for us from now until the summer & then he fully commits.
If not, we sell him & then we should get quite a lot for him.
I wonder if city might go for him in january with mendy out long term & delph injury prone.

Yeah it will be a shame as he is a good player. Ideally he plays well for us from now until the summer & then he fully commits.
If not, we sell him & then we should get quite a lot for him.
I wonder if city might go for him in january with mendy out long term & delph injury prone.

I be mighty pissed off if we end up selling him to city!

id suggest you watch the replay of all the games he was involved in. There is no suprise that he barely started games and when he did he was taken off in a move that wasnt tactical but because he was playing poorly. They certainly were questioning his performance. Not at all retrospective on my part.

I'll take your comments on face value as im not about to trawl through a number of shit games to pull apart the performances of a forner player, but i recall having this duscussion at the begining of the summer window and the idea that Walker was slacking was far from unanimous.

Yeah you just said rose crimes put walkers into perspective.... I think a bigger crime is actually leaving us and disrupting the dressing room during a title and fa cup run in.

Firstly, leaving in itself is hardly a crime... We may not have wanted to lose him but as fans thats our own cross to bear.

Have you actually read this part of Pochs book.... It appears quite clearly Walker at least thought he was doing the right thing in how he approached the matter.

Now compare that to the 'behind the clubs back' treatury of Roses antics (that we continue to see the effects of now)....

Personally speaking, whether the player is gone or still here doesn't change (or in the case of Rose doesn't excuse) the actions of an individual.

For clarity, Walker is nothing to me now whilst Rose is an 'empty' #3 shirt that may come in as back up on occasion.

Redemption is earned; not gifted.

I always like to visit the first two pages of this thread to remind me how much we know as fans.
As long as we get 5m for him we are doing well after all
:dierno:

Stay or go he has given me some great footballing memories, I can’t condone his actions this summer but I haven’t walked in his shoes so I have no idea what he was thinking.

I think it’s clear that Poch knows what’s he doing anyway. If he treats he like a prodigal son or fucks him off at the first or second transfer window is entirely up to him really.

We really need to get Rose and Aurier up to speed. Both much better than Davies and Tripps when playing well

I do like Davies as a defender but pretty sick of his pointless crossing and inability to beat a man, the latter goes for Tripps too as good a crosser as he is.

Going forward, the amount of space out wide against Arse that went to waste, because we couldn't do anything from fullback positions, was infuriating. Instead, they packed the middle and we couldn't do sweet f.a.
Unfit Dele and Kane didn't helping matters either unfortunately, but that's neither here nor there

He will get game time, but he will also be shown the door at whatever is the best time for the club. Maybe January, the summer at the latest.
Shame really, Walker turned his head. Walker's exit had so much more class to it though. Rose will be quickly forgotten by most

Walker literally told Poch he wasn't interested in the middle of a title fight....which was better than not telling him and just playing half-ass....but even if it's true that Rose is still kicking up privately to move there's no indication that he's thrown in the towel at Spurs. So, no, there's no way he's handling his exit with more class - unless you care about what footballers say rather than what they do.

So much of these things come down to your perspective. If you believe the supporters are the heart of the club, deserve to be placated, and that footballers should die for our entertainment and fall asleep clutching the badge - then Rose is surely a bastard of a cunt. If you feel like players, in the main, are just perishable assets to be used and disposed of for the betterment of the club - then you see Rose as a top notch player in his position who is under contract but wants better terms. The latter, like it or not, is the reality of modern football. There will be an occasional Kane, but Rose is the standard and will be as "loyal" as their cheque - which is equal measures how loyal the club is to footballers in turn, just look at how many players Poch has binned.

I'll just never understand supporters demand of players to show unwavering loyalty to an institution that will gladly fuck them off the moment their cost outweighs their value. Just irrational. I support the shirt and, while they're here, the players wearing it.

Look, at least Walker for the most part did a decent job of keeping his fucking mouth shut.
Just don't see why it matters, the players know what's going on behind doors anyway - so whether the press talks about this shit or not won't make a difference as players who will be unsettled/distracted by it already will be. Athletes across all sports say this same thing all the time...the only people that give this shit any time is the supporters, and I honestly don't understand why.

Poch has even refuted first in the summer that it was a problem, and now that anything has changed from the previous statement that the water was under the bridge and Danny was working hard to come back. All thats happened is some lazy journo cunt recycled bullshit from August and a bunch of otger lazy journo cunts have piggybacked it.

For all we know Rose is busting his ass off trying to get back to where he was, pushed a little to hard, and that's why he was left out against Woolwich.

Not gonna rewatch the game but to my recollection Walker was one of the few that were on their game vs WH.

No-one was questioning his performances at the time.... I call retrospective speculation on your part.

I thought he was shocking against West Ham, he rarely performs in the big games proper melt in my opinion.

I thought he was shocking against West Ham, he rarely performs in the big games proper melt in my opinion.

They were all dreadful; just my recollection maybe but i recall him being amongst 'the best' of a bad bunch that day.

Maybe he was 'off his game' as a result of having his head turned but the previous bloke claiming he played intentionally bad for a period of time is way off IMO.... And also completely at odds with the general notion of 'shop window' performances.

They were all dreadful; just my recollection maybe but i recall him being amongst 'the best' of a bad bunch that day.

Maybe he was 'off his game' as a result of having his head turned but the previous bloke claiming he played intentionally bad for a period of time is way off IMO.... And also completely at odds with the general notion of 'shop window' performances.
I agree in that I don't think he ever intentionally or deliberately played badly in a spurs shirt, my main issue with him was him mugging us fans off with "his commitment to Tottenham" when all along he was after a big pay day at City.

Back
Top Bottom