Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Still not fully fit but he’s getting there.

I hope he stays but he will continue to divide fans. Some won’t forgive him, whatever he does on the pitch.
Not sure I agree there. I think that top class performances, whilst keeping his mouth buttoned off the field, is likely to help the healing process.
The only trouble is, I’m not sure he’s the type of person to keep his thoughts to himself. I guess only time will tell on that one.

Having fullbacks who can rotate is vital in a Poch team. None of us should cut noses off to spite face. If he plays to his optimum he is one of the best in Europe. We’d be wise not to forget that.

Not sure I agree there. I think that top class performances, whilst keeping his mouth buttoned off the field, is likely to help the healing process.
The only trouble is, I’m not sure he’s the type of person to keep his thoughts to himself. I guess only time will tell on that one.

Having fullbacks who can rotate is vital in a Poch team. None of us should cut noses off to spite face. If he plays to his optimum he is one of the best in Europe. We’d be wise not to forget that.
I agree with you. Like Walker, he comes across he is bigger than our club in my opinion.

Listen to what Poch has said about him. Watch how he interacts with his teammates. See and hear how appreciative he is of the supporters. Clearly everyone involved with the club has seen fit to move on with it, and he's done nothing since August but demonstrate desire and intent to make up for his transgressions.

Fuck it, Danny Rose has usurped Sissoko as my favourite of 17-18 just because I'm so tired of the irrational disgust towards him over gutter-trash journos still peddling quotes from August. Woke up with egg all over their faces this morning after peddling all the 'Rose furious at being left out' bollocks over the weekend.

The only reason he'll continue to divide support is because part of the support are fucking miserable cunts. Kick a new horse, this one's been dead for months now.

Great performance from a player still not fully match fit. Regularly beating his man for pace. Some very dangerous crosses.

He and Aurier were out of kilter for the goal, but Rose had at least been tracking another attacker's run.

Insane that we competed for the title last year with him out since Feb.

(anyone see what Ryan Sess did for Fulham last night? Sounded like a horrible wake up call for CCV)

Rose man, just keep it shut!

To be honest I don't think he should shut up. He's said absolutely nothing wrong there. Everyone wants us to build a squad where players are competing for places. The players want to compete for their place. Rose has publicly come out and criticised Spurs for saying not every position (not his) is competed for. The very definition of of competing for your place is to be unhappy when not selected.

The flip side of this is "There is no problem if Ben is selected ahead of me, He's a great player and deserves it. I'm off in a couple of months, so I don't really give a shit".

What was missing is Spurs PR, they have to up their game, if we would have put out an interview with him about being upset for not being selected then we then control/own the narrative. The word "fuming" doesn't have to have negative connotations, especially if we control and own it.

He is news, he will always be news because he broke ranks, nothing, absolutely nothing will change this. If we don't look to control the narrative then there will be many, many more stories written. Worst thing we can do is not interview Rose and remain silent, that just means press write what they want unopposed. We also don't have to make a big thing about it too, just a sentence in an interview.

Fuck Danny Rose hes pretty much said he'll play his way back into form secure his England place and then demand a move to Moneychester Utd or City , whatever the little rat fuck says or does now is irrelevant he has already revealed his true colours.

Listen to what Poch has said about him. Watch how he interacts with his teammates. See and hear how appreciative he is of the supporters. Clearly everyone involved with the club has seen fit to move on with it, and he's done nothing since August but demonstrate desire and intent to make up for his transgressions.

Fuck it, Danny Rose has usurped Sissoko as my favourite of 17-18 just because I'm so tired of the irrational disgust towards him over gutter-trash journos still peddling quotes from August. Woke up with egg all over their faces this morning after peddling all the 'Rose furious at being left out' bollocks over the weekend.

The only reason he'll continue to divide support is because part of the support are fucking miserable cunts. Kick a new horse, this one's been dead for months now.
There is absolutely nothing irrational about being disgusted about what Danny did at the start of the season. None, zero, zilch.

If you don't understand exactly what going to The fucking Sun, days before the start of our season with an expose about the club and airing out your difficulties and saying you want to leave means then you don't understand English football. This is the paper that has conducted a war against football fans for half a century.

Everyone, with no exceptions, is correct to be disgusted at what Danny did. To blame the supporters as "miserable fucking cunts" for not forgiving him totally yet is quite frankly disgusting. It is Danny's fault and no one else. Certainly not any of the fans.

Give your head a wobble.

“No falling out, no argument, no bust up”
=
No story here. Move on.
Sky trying to make a sensational headline from fuck all- just for clicks n giggles.
Agree with Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 though. The club should interview him for Spurs TV.
Also agree with SchmoodSpur SchmoodSpur . He still has a way to go to redeem himself in my eyes. I still struggle to believe he asked for an interview, with that paper, to say the things he did, when he did. He will regain respect & perhaps adulation by keeping his nut down & wowing the fans with his football.
It really is all down to the player, not the fans.

Yes

The flip side of this is "There is no problem if Ben is selected ahead of me, He's a great player and deserves it. I'm off in a couple of months, so I don't really give a shit".

Yes

He is news,

Yes

whatever the little rat fuck says or does now is irrelevant he has already revealed his true colours.

Blue and White at the moment?

There is absolutely nothing irrational about being disgusted about what Danny did at the start of the season. None, zero, zilch.

Yes but?

The fucking Sun,

The Scum.

He is now a Tottenham player so support. At the end of the season, when he moves on, all can bombast him as much as you wish.

Competitive athlete upset he is left off match day squad for derby. Shocker.

Couldn’t watch the game yesterday but it sounds like he’s 90% match fit. Gonna need him over the next few weeks.

He is now a Tottenham player so support. At the end of the season, when he moves on, all can bombast him as much as you wish.
As I've said before in this thread, as long as he has a Spurs shirt on he'll have my support. Doesn't mean he gets a free pass for what he did and I will certainly not have people blaming the fans for remembering what he did.

giphy.gif

As I've said before in this thread, as long as he has a Spurs shirt on he'll have my support. Doesn't mean he gets a free pass for what he did and I will certainly not have people blaming the fans for remembering what he did.

giphy.gif
He made a mistake and now has to live with it. I feel we will get the 100% Rose for the rest of the season. We will need him as much as we need all the squad players. Im as you, support him and lets see where we are in the summer. he may surprise us all.

Back
Top Bottom