Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not a massive fan of Rose but he's spot on about this. If football wanted to kick out racism they could definitely make a greater impact than they are now. The sanctions have to be severe but when debate about Chav racist chanting always moves to debate about our Yid chants you can see that the desire isn't really there.

Racism is taught. It isn't something we're born with. It's about time football got serious about leading the way in stamping it out.

Not seen enough praise for his performance last night, nobody can deny this guy will die for the club on the pitch. Right now couldn't give a fuck what he says off it, he embodies everything I want to see from a spurs player in a big game.

g0Hj.gif

To be honest I don't really give a fuck and I'm not defending him, I just don't blame him for not moving on unless it suits him career and financially wise. And I do dislike the term deadwood, the club is ultimately responsible for the recruitment of players, they should be held to account when they make big fuck ups.
I don’t blame him for sticking to his guns on a contract that was agreed between him, the club & his agent. What I do object to is his whiny running off to tell teacher every time he doesn’t get his own way.
Going sniping to the Sun - unprofessional & unacceptable.
Telling Jose he was “going to speak to Daniel” because Jose wouldn’t entertain his ego - unprofessional & unacceptable.
He thinks he is a big fish in a little pond. He simply isn’t. Bloke behaves like a spoiled kid at times. It may be linked to MH issues, but he doesn’t present very well at all as a human being or professional when he repeatedly slates signings as needing googling and colleagues as “shit”

Danny Rose hints at why some of his teammates can’t get a game under Mauricio Pochettino.

There are a few Tottenham players on the naughty list at the moment.

Etienne Capoue, Younes Kaboul and Emmanuel Adebayor have not played a minute in the league since the 2-1 reverse to Stoke in early November, while Aaron Lennon is struggling to make the 18 on match-days.

Given that the quartet all started the first game of the season at West Ham, and Kaboul and Adebayor were named club captain and vice-captain respectively, their recent omissions represent a dramatic change in policy from Mauricio Pochettino…and Danny Rose seems to know what’s prompted the boss’ decision.

“We are getting there slowly but surely under the new manager. We are understanding his philosophies,” Rose is quoted as saying by the Mirror.

“Let’s just say if you don’t work hard under the manager, you’re not playing! You better make sure you give 100 per cent each day in training, which is very hard and intense.

“But I really enjoy it. As the long as the manager sees you are willing to work hard and want to fight hard for your team-mates then you will go far with him.”

Last season, Tim Sherwood hinted that Capoue was not working hard enough to win back his place in the team after being dropped and it seems the Frenchman has reverted to form under Pochettino. Adebayor, meanwhile, is hardly famed for his determination or work-rate on the training field, so it’s not hard to imagine that the trio’s omission is down to attitude.

Rose, by contract, has been among our most consistent performers this season and he bagged his first goal of the season in Thursday’s amazing 5-3 victory over Chelsea.

The 24-year-old left back believes a shift in mentality was to thank for the result against the league leaders.

“It’s amazing what a bit of confidence can do, especially after going 1-0 behind,” Rose said.

“In the past when Tottenham have gone 1-0 behind to bigger teams we have sometimes crumbled. But we showed great character against Chelsea on Thursday.

“People say they never saw that result coming and after the first goal neither did I. It looked like it was going to be a long evening.

“But it shows how far we have come from a couple of months ago when we were winning one and losing one – especially at home when we were struggling against so-called lesser teams.

“We've had a great Christmas period.”

Danny Rose has to be giving absolutely 100% to look half decent, mainly using his pace and getting lucky with his headless chicken approach. But he has little skill and a poor footballing brain. When he's not giving 100%, he looks severely limited: like today. Davies has more potential, but it will probably be a year until we really see it. Playing at Tottenham is hugely different to playing at Swansea. We'll have to wait and see if, mentally, he can hack it.
What a fucking idiot.
:angryscouser:

Danny Rose is as Hard as nails he gets battered in every game but getting just keeps coming , arguably the most robust player in the premier league, heart on his sleeve never say die player, I absolutely love the bloke

Calm down .
What about out of context? Yes he has said some things and been quoted. He is frustrated and so am I to be honest. We all know we need some players to push on and yes I want players that you don't need to Google to know who they are? You can quote me on that.

Out of context? Are you having a laugh?

He's actively seeked out that piece of shit paper to give an interview with the sole intention of rubbishing the club, his team mates and the fans, to try & force a move or get a massive wage hike.

These comments couldn't be any more IN context.

He is a top cunt and I never want to see him in a Tottenham shirt again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom