Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The fact Mourinho confirms he plays Thursday shows he knows he made a massive mistake. This game should be more to his liking as he excels when we dominate possession and the danger is a breakaway where he can use his speed.

and with Dier and Tanganga injured and Rodon not eligible who would you have played instead of Sanchez ?
To be honest, the answer is in that case is probably “not Aurier”

You cannot have both these players in the same team anymore, they’re equally liable to a mistake which means it’s too risky to play both. I have to assume that Doherty was fit as he made the bench, so should have come in. Or Davies CB on the left side.

Serge can be very good. Sanchez can be good, but together in the same team - no not for me, certainly not ever again. A combination that you can’t trust.

Days after the debacle and I still conclude that if this guy and Aurier were not playing we win the game. That simple. Sanchez has no chances left in my view. He should be out of the team for a long time and until he toughens up and acts like a professional, but Serge is still equally bad. You cannot play both.

The issue with Sanchez is with Tanganga injured and Rodon not yet shown he can play at a PL level we really don't have any other option to play with Toby than him.

Dier is much, much worse and Davies sucks as well.

The problem is as much with our terrible CB options outside of Toby as it is with Sanchez himself, because we can sit him but then we in the exact same boat when we have a terrible Dier replacing him making even more errors than Sanchez.

The issue with Sanchez is with Tanganga injured and Rodon not yet shown he can play at a PL level we really don't have any other option to play with Toby than him.

Dier is much, much worse and Davies sucks as well.

The problem is as much with our terrible CB options outside of Toby as it is with Sanchez himself, because we can sit him but then we in the exact same boat when we have a terrible Dier replacing him making even more errors than Sanchez.
I do have to agree that our CB Department is very much going to cost us the league this season. Yes. I do still believe we are 2 CB’s shy of the league title.

To be honest, the answer is in that case is probably “not Aurier”

You cannot have both these players in the same team anymore, they’re equally liable to a mistake which means it’s too risky to play both. I have to assume that Doherty was fit as he made the bench, so should have come in. Or Davies CB on the left side.

Serge can be very good. Sanchez can be good, but together in the same team - no not for me, certainly not ever again. A combination that you can’t trust.

I think Aurier has shown he is a great option against the weak teams in Europa League and Cup games who can't really hurt us when he makes his braindead plays and leaves acres of space behind him.

Doherty is not a defensive master by any means but at least he is smart enough not to give away the needless free kicks that hurt us.

Play Aurier against the weak teams and Doherty in the key games. That should be how the rotation works. When the games all become important then Serge gets a permanent spot on the bench and Doherty hopefully is ready to play more often.

I do have to agree that our CB Department is very much going to cost us the league this season. Yes. I do still believe we are 2 CB’s shy of the league title.

I really hate that we couldn’t get Skriniar over the line. He’s a ready to play now player while Rodon is going to be required to bed in.

look let the lad get a run of games so we can actually determine if he sucks or not these one off games every 10 matches doesnt help his match fitness or awareness in any way if he keeps doing the same thing after a consistent amount of games i can understand.

What´s happened to this guy? He was a beast in his first season here, he looked like he could go on to be a legend for us. But the decline after his debut season is crazy.

Our best CB pairing at the moment is probably Toby-Rodon. We really need Skriniar in January, or someone in the same bracket. Our defence is costing us a lot of points, and thats just sad with the amazing offensive power we´we got

Was he a beast though ?!?! Individually speaking.

His first season was when we were in the peak of things. When midfield was marshalled by our big blokes who offered a lot of support to CB + we played high line to take room away from attackers coming at us. These two factors suited him quite well. But I have literally never been impressed by his game reading and overall play.
Sure he can outrun quite many quite good strikers (running back from high line) but he always has his awkwardness and concentration issues. Maybe back then he had to cruitially step in once or twice per game and now this has increased to six-eight and hence seems more hopeless now? Alternative theory is just that the mistakes he made in his first season have been forgotten to larger extent...because it was longer time ago.

Hard to believe that player just has lost so basic skills and abilities to such extent.

Was he a beast though ?!?! Individually speaking.

His first season was when we were in the peak of things. When midfield was marshalled by our big blokes who offered a lot of support to CB + we played high line to take room away from attackers coming at us. These two factors suited him quite well. But I have literally never been impressed by his game reading and overall play.
Sure he can outrun quite many quite good strikers (running back from high line) but he always has his awkwardness and concentration issues. Maybe back then he had to cruitially step in once or twice per game and now this has increased to six-eight and hence seems more hopeless now? Alternative theory is just that the mistakes he made in his first season have been forgotten to larger extent...because it was longer time ago.

Hard to believe that player just has lost so basic skills and abilities to such extent.

He was well martialed by a re-invigorated Vertonghen and we were more defensively stable as a unit.... A far more ideal platform to evolve yourself as a player. Yet we (Poch) put his development on the back-burner rather than persist in the name of the future and thus Dav remains raw and somewhat inconsistent....

Spilt milk, but there you are.....

He was well martialed by a re-invigorated Vertonghen and we were more defensively stable as a unit.... A far more ideal platform to evolve yourself as a player. Yet we (Poch) put his development on the back-burner rather than persist in the name of the future and thus Dav remains raw and somewhat inconsistent....

Spilt milk, but there you are.....
Bollocks you thick cunt.
He's been inconsistent , out muscled , poor in possession and worth dip shit what we paid for him.
Give it a rest you twat.

Bollocks you thick cunt.
He's been inconsistent , out muscled , poor in possession and worth dip shit what we paid for him.
Give it a rest you twat.

Look at the state of you, you melt.... Still screwing are we? :dawsonlol:

Nice yellow btw.... Won't be long til you get the flush.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom