Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He was well martialed by a re-invigorated Vertonghen and we were more defensively stable as a unit.... A far more ideal platform to evolve yourself as a player. Yet we (Poch) put his development on the back-burner rather than persist in the name of the future and thus Dav remains raw and somewhat inconsistent....

Spilt milk, but there you are.....
Or split milk

I thought that his first season with us was promising- a bit raw around the edges, but with experience alongside Super Jan, we would see why he was rated so highly. Unfortunately, he wasn't utilized in his second season and his form never recovered. I'm not sure that he will make the cut as a first choice CB, as I don't think Jose will take any chances. IMO, he works better if we play three at the back.

I thought that his first season with us was promising- a bit raw around the edges, but with experience alongside Super Jan, we would see why he was rated so highly. Unfortunately, he wasn't utilized in his second season and his form never recovered. I'm not sure that he will make the cut as a first choice CB, as I don't think Jose will take any chances. IMO, he works better if we play three at the back.

I think Mourinho turned up not rating him, he made that quip caught on camera about him targeting him during the EL final but Mourinho played him as the player must of impressed him in training etc. But he’s just not been solid enough and quite rightly, at the moment, Mourinho’s doubts have resurfaced. I wouldn’t be surprised if we sold him in the summer should there be a team willing to pay a decent fee for him.

He's definitely in the last chance saloon now. He hasn't developed well and has gone backwards after a promising debut season.

No manager would put their trust in a defender who cannot clear the ball properly. The amount of times he shanks clearances or heads the ball straight down to opponents is alarming. I get that it's not easy to be at your best when you are rotated in and out but those are the basics of defending. You don't see Dier or Toby doing those things with the same regularity and that's why they play.

I always believed he could become a top CB but now if someone offered us our money back I'd take it. He's had enough time here and still isn't a first choice player.

yes in a 3 he is ok, but no more than that, for me both Sanchez & Dier are just to keen to get the ball, they don't think
10+ yrs ago that would have been ok but now you need a football brain as well

Back
Top Bottom