Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I absolutely agree they are superior players but stick them in a system where they are coming under constant pressure and i think it may surprise people how many individual mistakes they will actually make.
I get your point but I just don't think Sanchez is a top class defender.
He did this under Poch too when we played better football.
He just makes too many mistakes for all the good things he does.

Nothing about Sanchez screams calm and composed. Top CB'S like Toby/Jan gave u a sense of security which I just don't get anymore.

I get your point but I just don't think Sanchez is a top class defender.
He did this under Poch too when we played better football.
He just makes too many mistakes for all the good things he does.

Nothing about Sanchez screams calm and composed. Top CB'S like Toby/Jan gave u a sense of security which I just don't get anymore.

No but I would say he is a half decent defender with a leader next to him. It’s why with Toby, Sanchez, Rodon, Tanganga we have defenders. We need a new Vertoghen, I would rather buy 1 top quality CB than 2 half decent ones.

Sanchez' tackle was clumsy, but Lloris gave the ball away creating the problem in the first place.

The back line was set up for Lloris to play from the back, not for him to pass the ball to Woolwich.

Also, Sanchez comes sliding across Lacazette creating the contact. Clumsy challenge after a terrible give away by Lloris.

Skip to the 4:00 mark...

How do you block an attempted shot without going in front of the shooter?

Plays well in a partnership with anyone that is not called Eric Dier. Genuinely believe that he's not the issue.

He looked pretty shaky today and seemed to benefit from a lack of attacking threat from Villa.

I think it is great that he hasn't been such a disaster as he was but still best to move on from him this summer if we can.

He looked pretty shaky today and seemed to benefit from a lack of attacking threat from Villa.

I think it is great that he hasn't been such a disaster as he was but still best to move on from him this summer if we can.
Sure. If the Sevilla rumours are true, I'd sell him in a heartbeat. But, contrary to Sissoko orDoherty, I wouldn't mind having him on the squad next season.

I think he needs a stable, solid pair, he looked very good that season when he was playing alongside Jan

Sure. If the Sevilla rumours are true, I'd sell him in a heartbeat. But, contrary to Sissoko orDoherty, I wouldn't mind having him on the squad next season.

My issue is that I think with Rodon, Tanganga we already have our development/ok CB's that need more time to play and develop but not really at the starting level so keeping Sanchez either means they don't get minutes or we have a weak CB pair because he isn't good enough to be a starter.

I don't want him starting and don't want him blocking Rodon/Tanganga so tough to see where he fits.

I think he needs a stable, solid pair, he looked very good that season when he was playing alongside Jan

What happens though if that stable partner gets hurt?

I am not key on having one of our starting CB's needing to be carried by another player. Especially as mentioned when we have Rodon/Tanganga needing more time as well.

Back
Top Bottom