Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What caused the goal was that stupid new thing where two centre halves stand 5 yards from the keeper waiting for a pass coupled with us having a goalkeeper who can barely kick a ball, who just played it straight to their player 30 yards from our goal.

What caused the goal was Sanchez can't read the play as he has repeatedly shown and then panics when guys get behind him.

For you I agree.

I agree it is embarrassing watching you try to spin what was clearly a poor play for Sanchez just because you can't handle legitimate criticism of the player.

The still shots show nothing, watch the video. If Lacazette hits the ball cleanly it is a clear shot on net. Instead he missed hit it and it was a penalty. Neither good results from us and both a result of Sanchez miss playing it and letting Lacazette easily get behind him.

Keep posting meaningless screen shots if makes you feel better but it does nothing to support your "argument."
The criticism from you isn't legitimate, that's why I'm on your case. Why I've shown you pictures which categorically show you that he is goalside of his man. That he didn't touch Lacazette, it was the other way around. The evidence is there right in front of you both in stills and in videos previously posted.

You have two issues with this passage of play:
1) You think Sanchez should be goalside when we are on the ball (when Lloris is kicking). I say bollocks to that.
2) You think Sanchez defending was clumsy and he was at fault for the pen. I say bollocks to that.

Lacazette MISSED his shot because of the pressure put on him by Sanchez, this is called DEFENDING. It's what defenders should be doing.

If Lacazette hits the ball (HE DIDN'T THOUGH!!!) then Sanchez blocks it!

At no point does Lacazette get by him. At no point does Lacazette even have a shot!!!

It's incredible to think that in an alternative universe that VVD was getting praised for letting Sissoko have a free hit on goal because he knew he had a crap shot on him, but a player that is perfectly placed goalside, not beaten, puts pressure on his opposite number to the point that he misses the ball altogether when trying to shoot that he is somehow fucked up at defending.

You have two issues with this passage of play:
1) You think Sanchez should be goalside when we are on the ball (when Lloris is kicking). I say bollocks to that.
2) You think Sanchez defending was clumsy and he was at fault for the pen. I say bollocks to that.

Lacazette MISSED his shot because of the pressure put on him by Sanchez, this is called DEFENDING. It's what defenders should be doing.

If Lacazette hits the ball (HE DIDN"T THOUGH!!!) then Sanchez blocks it!

At no point does Lacazette get by him. At no point does Lacazette even have a shot!!!

No I think Sanchez should stop moving forward after Partey intercepts the ball and keep Lacazette in front of him. I have no problem with his positioning when Lloris is playing it, that is completely made up by you I never said or implied that once.

The second point is true and not even arguable.

If Lacazette hits the ball Sanchez does not block it and you are right it is not true he mis hit and Sanchez gave away the penalty.

lacazette did get by and it is borderline insane to try and claim he didn't. Its just ridiculous that you can't handle a player getting deserved criticism that you will outright ignore or lie about what clearly happened.

You just have a complete hatred of him and an inane ability to blank out things you don't want to admit.

Hatred of who? Sanchez?

I don't hate him at all. I am fine with him playing with Toby and would be fine if that is the pairing going forward for the rest of the year. On this play I said I wasn't going to kill him on it or get too worked up about it. He made a mistake and misplayed it. That happens.

What an odd thing to make up out of thin air.

No I think Sanchez should stop moving forward after Partey intercepts the ball and keep Lacazette in front of him. I have no problem with his positioning when Lloris is playing it, that is completely made up by you I never said or implied that once.

The second point is true and not even arguable.

If Lacazette hits the ball Sanchez does not block it and you are right it is not true he mis hit and Sanchez gave away the penalty.

lacazette did get by and it is borderline insane to try and claim he didn't. Its just ridiculous that you can't handle a player getting deserved criticism that you will outright ignore or lie about what clearly happened.
The only error is by Lloris, it means we have committed to areas of the pitch we don't want to be.

Sanchez recovers from this brilliantly, by getting goalside of Lacazette and prevents him from taking a shot. This is called defending.

LACAZETTE DOSN'T EVEN HAVE A SHOT.

Right, different tack, where dose Lacazette get past Sanchez? Show me, provide evidence of video, or stills....I'll wait.

The only error is by Lloris, it means we have committed to areas of the pitch we don't want to be.

Sanchez recovers from this brilliantly, by getting goalside of Lacazette and prevents him from taking a shot. This is called defending.

LACAZETTE DOSN'T EVEN HAVE A SHOT.

Right, different tack, where dose Lacazette get past Sanchez? Show me, provide evidence of video, or stills....I'll wait.

I don't know how to give you access to the video. I see it on my DAZN account so if you don't have access to the game I don't know what to say. I can go watch it and tell what time of the game it is if that works for you.

Edit:

And as we have seen with your posts still are basically useless in this discussion as they don't really show anything for this play.

I don't know how to give you access to the video. I see it on my DAZN account so if you don't have access to the game I don't know what to say. I can go watch it and tell what time of the game it is if that works for you.

Edit:

And as we have seen with your posts still are basically useless in this discussion as they don't really show anything for this play.

Give the time stamp of the Lacazette getting past Sanchez.

What is your problem now?

You make demands and I provided you with the info,

Sorry if it isn't fast enough for your majesty. You don't have to cry about it now.
I provided you with a youtube clip, as with most highlights they don't have a match clock stamp on them. All you had to do was watch it and say at what point Lacazette has the better of Sanchez. If you don't wish to do this then fine. See ya.

I provided you with a youtube clip, as with most highlights they don't have a match clock stamp on them. All you had to do was watch it and say at what point Lacazette has the better of Sanchez. If you don't wish to do this then fine. See ya.

I already watched it and gave you a time stamp, the you tube clip doesn't play in my area.

I already did what you asked, sorry it is too much for you to have to watch the play back again.

I already watched it and gave you a time stamp, the you tube clip doesn't play in my area.

I already did what you asked, sorry it is too much for you to have to watch the play back again.
I can't rewatch the game due to the fact it's illegal in this country (UK) and the illegal replay sites that do exist currently have the game blocked.

So you need to post a highlights clip, I tried to do this for you, how am I supposed to know you're not in the UK?

I can't rewatch the game due to the fact it's illegal in this country (UK) and the illegal replay sites that do exist currently have the game blocked.

So you need to post a highlights clip, I tried to do this for you, how am I supposed to know you're not in the UK?

I don't have a highlights clip to post.

I told you the time in the game that it happened, that seems like it is more than enough on my part to do things that I shouldn't even have to do as it is clear as day that it happened.

Sanchez' tackle was clumsy, but Lloris gave the ball away creating the problem in the first place.

The back line was set up for Lloris to play from the back, not for him to pass the ball to Woolwich.

Also, Sanchez comes sliding across Lacazette creating the contact. Clumsy challenge after a terrible give away by Lloris.

Skip to the 4:00 mark...

At 61:50 Lacazette is past Sanchez so Sanchez has to turn around to chase him.
Would that be because Lacazette would have had a starting position outside of the penalty area while Sanchez started 5 yards from the byline??

Sanchez was travelling in the opposite direction to Lacazette, but so was Alderweireld and Doherty, because, if you look at any of our goalkicks we always set up like that.

Would that be because Lacazette would have had a starting position outside of the penalty area while Sanchez started 5 yards from the byline??

Sanchez was travelling in the opposite direction to Lacazette, but so was Alderweireld and Doherty, because, if you look at any of our goalkicks we always set up like that.

It was because Sanchez played it poorly once Partey got the ball.

He DIDN'T have a free shot on goal!!! That's the fucking point!!!!!

He is GOALSIDE his attempted block comes from a PERFECT goalside position........

0_GettyImages-1307061646.jpg

GOALSIDE!!!!

skysports-lacazette-sanchez_5305172.jpg

GOALSIDE!!!

GOALSIDE and NOT even touching Lacazette until his air-shot swing takes him into Sanchez.

40485892-9362819-image-m-29_1615801959692.jpg

and here the swinging leg of Lacazette going into Sanchez, who's leg is in the same position as it was in the previous frame...
0_GettyImages-1307061646.jpg

He should NOT be goalside when Lloris is kicking the ball, he and all the defenders should be pushing up and supporting (making themselves available by creating angles) what should have been a ball to a Spurs player by Lloris.

Fucking hell this is getting embarrassing now.
This iglooula is an idiot. Seriously dont spend time on him.

Back
Top Bottom