Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought he had a good game again and he isn't to blame for the penalty. He has to come across and go for the ball, it was poor refereeing that gave away the spot kick.
At the very least VAR should be able to say to the ref 'you should check the monitor' on something like that, there shouldn't be any of this 'var can't re-referee' bollocks.

I don't think that second goal was really entirely on Sanchez. This guy does a great job at explaining the situation. Starts right around the 4 minute mark.

Lloris bad pass intercepted. Our FBs wide. Clear chance for the striker. Dav did his best. Still don’t think it was a penalty. Laca whiffed on the attempt and his leg runs into Dav as a result.

Thought he played well against the Scum

He is an OK player and I am happy to keep him but he needs to be next to a leader. He looked good next to Verts before and is ok next to Toby, he is rubbish next to Dier.

Sanchez is quick, pretty strong and likes to defend but he isn’t good on the ball and he doesn’t lead the back line. So if you have a defender who leads and is good on the ball Sanchez is decent but when you pair him with Dier or someone else who isn’t very good then Sanchez’s game also declines.

I would much rather sell Dier and buy a top quality CB then sell Sanchez.

He is an OK player and I am happy to keep him but he needs to be next to a leader. He looked good next to Verts before and is ok next to Toby, he is rubbish next to Dier.

Sanchez is quick, pretty strong and likes to defend but he isn’t good on the ball and he doesn’t lead the back line. So if you have a defender who leads and is good on the ball Sanchez is decent but when you pair him with Dier or someone else who isn’t very good then Sanchez’s game also declines.

I would much rather sell Dier and buy a top quality CB then sell Sanchez.
I'd go all out to reunite him with De Ligt.

I'd do anything to get De Ligt in fact.

The penalty isn't called if Sanchez doesn't go recklessly into him creating needless contact.

There was absolutely no reason for him to play that so badly creating the chance for there to be anything to call.

I am not going to kill him for it as it seems to be a weak call at best but still there was no need to even create the situation if he makes a much better play there.
Yes, we need our defenders not to attempt to block shots by the opposition strikers, much better if they allow them a free shot on goal.

Fucking hell!!!!

Yes, we need our defenders not to attempt to block shots by the opposition strikers, much better if they allow them a free shot on goal.

Fucking hell!!!!

We need our defenders not to let the opposition strikers behind them so when they block the shot it is because they are between the goal and the striker not diving back with an outstretched leg creating contact with the striker.

I mean it sure worked out for us doing it your way!

We need our defenders not to let the opposition strikers behind them so when they block the shot it is because they are between the goal and the striker not diving back with an outstretched leg creating contact with the striker.

Or they could just let them run past them unchallenged like Toby does. Hmm, decisions...

Or they could just let them run past them unchallenged like Toby does. Hmm, decisions...

LOL

Is this the new target of the morons? The guy who has been by far our best CB and nowhere near a problem for us?

Better let the crap players off the hook and start going after the guys who are actually doing their job and have some quality.

He NOT behind him, Sanchez is fucking goalside making a block!! This is called defending, it's excellent positioning as he's recovered from the error made by Lloris with his kick to no one other than Pepe.

When we have possession of the ball (Lloris on the ball) the backline should be FLAT or beginning to go flat as they push out. You don't have defenders standing behind their man, you NEVER see this apart from Sunday League and under 15's.

Sanchez did nothing wrong whatsoever here, in fact, it was a textbook piece of defending.

LOL

Is this the new target of the morons? The guy who has been by far our best CB and nowhere near a problem for us?

Better let the crap players off the hook and start going after the guys who are actually doing their job and have some quality.
LOL

Toby has been as bad as anyone, his only saving grace is his "legacy" built on two good years overs three years ago.

Sanchez or Dier have never put in a worse performance than Toby did against Villa this time last year. That 90 minutes exposed every flaw in his game, with Grealish embarrassing him being the absolute cherry on top.

He NOT behind him, Sanchez is fucking goalside making a block!! This is called defending, it's excellent positioning as he's recovered from the error made by Lloris with his kick to no one other than Pepe.

When we have possession of the ball (Lloris on the ball) the backline should be FLAT or beginning to go flat as they push out. You don't have defenders standing behind their man, you NEVER see this apart from Sunday League and under 15's.

Sanchez did nothing wrong whatsoever here, in fact, it was a textbook piece of defending.

LOL

Of course Lacazette is behind have you watched the play? Its why Sanchez has to dive into him with his leg rather than being able to stand there and have his body between Lacazette and the ball.

Textbook defending to let the striker have a free shot on goal?

hahahahahahahaha

LOL

Toby has been as bad as anyone, his only saving grace is his "legacy" built on two good years overs three years ago.

Sanchez or Dier have never put in a worse performance than Toby did against Villa this time last year. That 90 minutes exposed every flaw in his game, with Grealish embarrassing him being the absolute cherry on top.

Every Dier performance this season was worse than Toby versus Villa and Sanchez has multiple games much worse.

It is always funny to hear clueless people trying to run down Toby with that one game. There is a reason they always use that game and have to wildly overrate how "bad" Toby supposedly was.

Every Dier performance this season was worse than Toby versus Villa and Sanchez has multiple games much worse.

It is always funny to hear clueless people trying to run down Toby with that one game. There is a reason they always use that game and have to wildly overrate how "bad" Toby supposedly was.
So let me see....

Own Goal,
Skinned three or four times by Grealish
Failed to jump for their second goal
Dumped by Mourinho and called out directly after the game

Yep, many, many worse performances by the other two,

That's before we look at some of his other disasterous performances in the last few years like PSV, Bayern, Brighton, Chelsea Lc, Chelsea EPL etc..

LOL

Of course Lacazette is behind have you watched the play? Its why Sanchez has to dive into him with his leg rather than being able to stand there and have his body between Lacazette and the ball.

Textbook defending to let the striker have a free shot on goal?

hahahahahahahaha
He DIDN'T have a free shot on goal!!! That's the fucking point!!!!!

He is GOALSIDE his attempted block comes from a PERFECT goalside position........

0_GettyImages-1307061646.jpg

GOALSIDE!!!!

skysports-lacazette-sanchez_5305172.jpg

GOALSIDE!!!

https://icdn.caughtoffside.com/wp-c...ette-scores-penalty-for-Woolwich-vs-Spurs.jpg

GOALSIDE and NOT even touching Lacazette until his air-shot swing takes him into Sanchez.

40485892-9362819-image-m-29_1615801959692.jpg

and here the swinging leg of Lacazette going into Sanchez, who's leg is in the same position as it was in the previous frame...

He should NOT be goalside when Lloris is kicking the ball, he and all the defenders should be pushing up and supporting (making themselves available by creating angles) what should have been a ball to a Spurs player by Lloris.

Fucking hell this is getting embarrassing now.

Last edited:
He DIDN'T have a free shot on goal!!! That the fucking point!!!!!

He is GOALSIDE his attempted block comes from a PERFECT goalside position........

GOALSIDE!!!!

GOALSIDE!!!

GOALSIDE and NOT even touching Lacazette until his air-shot swing takes him into Sanchez.

and here the swinging leg of Lacazette going into Sanchez, who's leg is in the same position as it was in the previous frame...

He should NOT be goalside when Lloris is kicking the ball, he and all the defenders should be pushing up and supporting (making themselves available by creating angles) what should have been a ball to a Spurs player by Lloris.

What caused the goal was that stupid new thing where two centre halves stand 5 yards from the keeper waiting for a pass coupled with us having a goalkeeper who can barely kick a ball, who just played it straight to their player 30 yards from our goal.

He DIDN'T have a free shot on goal!!! That the fucking point!!!!!

GOALSIDE!!!!

GOALSIDE!!!

and here the swinging leg of Lacazette going into Sanchez, who's leg is in the

For you I agree.
He DIDN'T have a free shot on goal!!! That's the fucking point!!!!!

GOALSIDE!!!!

GOALSIDE!!!

I agree it is embarrassing watching you try to spin what was clearly a poor play for Sanchez just because you can't handle legitimate criticism of the player.

The still shots show nothing, watch the video. If Lacazette hits the ball cleanly it is a clear shot on net. Instead he missed hit it and it was a penalty. Neither good results from us and both a result of Sanchez miss playing it and letting Lacazette easily get behind him.

Keep posting meaningless screen shots if makes you feel better but it does nothing to support your "argument."

Back
Top Bottom