Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The penalty you can make a case for either way, but to dive in like he did was so Davinson Sanchez.
That’s it in a nutshell. He was unlucky and you could argue the toss either way. The great defenders and even the very good ones are rarely unlucky in that manner though because they don’t ask the question all the time or ask the match officials to make a decision like that in the way Davinson Sanchez and Eric Dier forever do.

A bit mad for the penalty but thought he was one of our better players today if you remove that one moment from the game. ((Which is no great comfort))

That tackle was reckless and typical of him. He has played well recently but these incidents happen too often. Doherty should have stopped the cross for the first goal. Lamela was reckless in getting sent off, finishing any real hope of getting back into the game. Many others had poor games. Just because it was not the sole reason we lost does not excuse the reckless tackle which gave away a penalty.

That tackle was reckless and typical of him. He has played well recently but these incidents happen too often. Doherty should have stopped the cross for the first goal. Lamela was reckless in getting sent off, finishing any real hope of getting back into the game. Many others had poor games. Just because it was not the sole reason we lost does not excuse the reckless tackle which gave away a penalty.
You want to look at individual errors, you'll be here all night.

Yet I bet Reguilon and Iceberg will get off scott free as usual despite their roles in conceding chances and goals

It seems like Sanchez is put in a position like that once a game. We did not challenge Pepe when he made the entry pass (was in Pepe?) so Sanchez had to try to deal with it. BTW, how about we put 3 or 4 past their keeper so it does not come down to that.

75 minutes of shit football cost us the game, not one mistake. You can’t play as shite as we did and then blame one player for the result.

We should be more concerned with why world class players like Kane and Bale disappeared than from a single small mistake from Davinson.
But we lost the game by 1 goal difference. Both 2 goals conceded, some individuals could definitely have done better. Woolwich didn't look like they had it in them to create a clear chance for one vs one against Lloris nor an tap in.

In the past, we well knew of us playing the right way so well, but still came out empty handed. There is a reason we only won 2 away trip to Woolwich for just over 2 decades. And remember all those games against defensive Chavski where they pretty much scored by their only shot on target? They defended against our attack the whole game, too. Yes we can sack Mourinho if we want, the bigger issue remains, there are quite some players in key position just lack the bottle.

The tackle for penalty may be debatable, but there is no denial Sanchez positioning prior to it is shocking. There was nobody else to mark, so it's obvious whom our CB should pick up. Had Sanchez stay close, and mark, he would have stay in front with his speed, and prevent the penalty incident. Did Sanchez try to cut Pepe pass? Or he ball watched? This brings back memory of the LASK second goal from this game.

Rewatched the game and it's definitely between Sanchez and Lucas for best player today. Played very well but for a few poor passes, strong in the air, plenty of good defensive actions and showed intent in opposition box. Only cought out of position for the penalty foul because Lloris absolutely whifs his clearance straight to Pepe, Sanchez desperate recovery tackle was athletically impressive though clumsy.

What tackle? He stuck out a leg to block a shot and for some reason when Lacazette’s wild follow through clattered into Sanchez, they called a penalty. I don’t fault Sanchez at all. He had a good game

What tackle? He stuck out a leg to block a shot and for some reason when Lacazette’s wild follow through clattered into Sanchez, they called a penalty. I don’t fault Sanchez at all. He had a good game
That was my initial impression as well that he went for the block and not a tackle.

I am definitely not a fan of fouls being given when the attacker initiates the contact . Lacazette was the one that hit Sanchez with his follow through.

Sanchez is shit, was out of position initially, but think he did well in that particular instance.

Wright
Owen
Hoddle
Redknapp
Ljungberg
Dawson
JJ
Keown
Dermot Gallagher
Sue Smith
Steve fella on SSN

All saying no penalty.
Lacezette said he was "lucky"

Nuff said.
But Michael Oliver didnt want to consider VAR or take another look at the monitor.
A genuinely arrogant man.. I'd imagine MO was bullied at school, has a tiny cock and was terrible at football.... Oh yeah, and his wife is probably shagging the milkman

But Michael Oliver didnt want to consider VAR or take another look at the monitor.
A genuinely arrogant man.. I'd imagine MO was bullied at school, has a tiny cock and was terrible at football.... Oh yeah, and his wife is probably shagging the milkman
Anyone know the process?

I know that VAR can't overturn a decision, but is going to the monitor an instruction or a recommendation which can be ignored?

Anyone know the process?

I know that VAR can't overturn a decision, but is going to the monitor an instruction or a recommendation which can be ignored?
Don't know why they don't check on the monitor when they have given a pen, the game is stopped so why not have a check?

Anyone know the process?

Its a recommendation to avoid the ref getting scrutinised if he is unsure of his decision... MO said he had a clear view... I've seen penalties given for less but as Lacazette miskicked it and Sanchez just got in front of him I would have thought it was definitely worth a look on the monitor.
Personally I think Sanchez had to dive in or risk getting hung up to dry for doing nothing.
At the end of the day Spurs played in a timid way from the start until the 70th minute and if you do that ,you run the risk of being the architect of your own downfall.
Believe it or not I really think we have missed Lo Celso's tenacity as Ndombele has none, he is becoming a luxury we can ill afford. But hey, what do I know. YID ARMY/COYS

Its a recommendation to avoid the ref getting scrutinised if he is unsure of his decision... MO said he had a clear view... I've seen penalties given for less but as Lacazette miskicked it and Sanchez just got in front of him I would have thought it was definitely worth a look on the monitor.
Personally I think Sanchez had to dive in or risk getting hung up to dry for doing nothing.
At the end of the day Spurs played in a timid way from the start until the 70th minute and if you do that ,you run the risk of being the architect of your own downfall.
Believe it or not I really think we have missed Lo Celso's tenacity as Ndombele has none, he is becoming a luxury we can ill afford. But hey, what do I know. YID ARMY/COYS
Sorry to carp on a bit.
But is it the case that if VAR recommended going to the monitor, the ref can say "No, I saw it clearly"?

If so, that definitely needs to be changed, otherwise what's the point of VAR looking at it?

Back
Top Bottom