Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Blaming Jose for Sanchez's failings as a centre half is completely stupid.
Is it though? There's more chances of errors if you concede 174 chances per game. He's more of a nailed on starter than Dier at the moment, so if in the next 2 games he plays with the same intensity as he did yesterday, I wouldn't be against keeping him.

All about the new manager and Jose being a cunt, nothing to do with a packed house after an actual preseason, the first game and likely a squad motivated to prove Harry wrong.

You mean they were motivated? ......Rather than demotivated?

Not sure that was the reflection you were gunning for somehow. :gallashmm:

Blaming Jose for Sanchez's failings as a centre half is completely stupid.
Not really. Jose has a well-established track record over the last decade of having players lose confidence and play at a standard below their ability. Under him, we were set up in a way and played a style and quality of football that left our defence exposed to pressure and vulnerable.

Had it been only Sanchez, then sure, you could have a point. But did any of our defenders look good under him? Did the United defence look good under him?

When Verts and Alder looked like the best defenders in the league, they were protected by a high press and two defensively great central midfielders. We defended as a team, and each player looked better for it.

If we can play better defensively as a unit, our defenders will play better. Sanchez proved against City, that he can be great for us.

I have a weird way of thinking with Sanchez and honestly think people are too harsh on him. I always learnt at a kid the defence is the one position you want to keep the same players each week. It gets them working as a unit. When we had Toby, Jan and Sanchez in a back 3, we were at our best under poch. Sanchez did the younger leg work and the other two swept behind on anything that went beyond him. Then poch didn't get a replacement for 18 months, the sweepers legs got a little more tired and the high pressing team was falling apart. The Jose came in, and put more pressure and changed the back four that none of the CBs were confident anymore.

I once had a job and I needed to learn a new part as an employee was leaving and I was to take over their responsibilities rather than direct replacement. For the couple months leading up I was struggling for the penny to drop but the day the employee left it all fell into place and I never struggled again. It was the confidence of having to do it myself and it being my own role that I then done really well. There was a time though before the employee left it was all looking bad.

Sanchez came with a big price tag and was the main man at Ajax. At Spurs he's hasn't been and I honestly believe this year he could be our most important CB if given the chance.

Happy to take the pelters when he makes a clanger at wolves but I really think we're fine with Sanchez.

All about the new manager and Jose being a cunt, nothing to do with a packed house after an actual preseason, the first game and likely a squad motivated to prove Harry wrong.
Oh yeah forgot you were a moronista :dembelelol: time to accept he was a turd and move on. Stop jumping down everyone's throats. Isn't there a Roma forum you can get it out of your system on?

I think he has a much higher ceiling than Dier. Better header, quicker and gets the ball out of his feet quicker than Dier. Hate it when Dier gets the ball and slows everything down. Both have a blunder in them and Dier was let off the hook today. Sanchez was the better CB against Wolves. Two solid games under his belt and I think he’ll be our starting CB this year. He’s 25 now too so with the understanding CBs blossom later than other positions, I think this will be a very important year for him and he’s going to be playing consistently. I’m optimistic.

Back
Top Bottom