Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Amazing what confidence can do to a player. Seems like Jose took confidence and made players like Dier and Sanchez overthink instead of playing their natural ability. I don't think either one should be a full time starter for us but if they can play like today, they have a place in the squad.

I have given this guy some serious shit, but he was absolutely excellent today. I think maybe the best game I have seen him have in a Spurs shirt, did everything right. Dier played well alongside him too, seemed like they had confidence in eachother, there was no panic.

My only disclaimer is for when we face a side with a proper centre-forward and how they match up. But the whole team was very organised today and these two were the foundation.

If Davinson can step up regarding confidence. If he can be trusted he is a great athlethe and a decent footballer. Not the best but i would pick him every match. Think Nuno is just the man to sort him out right.

I’ve always liked him. Has made the apparent error from time to time but thought he has shown some real talent at moments. He got after it today. He’s only 25 still. Him and Romero moving forward for me if we don’t bring in anyone else.

Romero (23) Rondon (23) Sanchez (25) Dier (27) - all these players are possibly looking at having their best five years still to come .... central defenders peak aged 26-32 .... the future looks good.

Sanchez has all the attributes to be a great central defender ... he just needs to believe.

Sanchez and the entire defence had a very good game. This is because (Santo's tactics) our cb's do not need to play out from the back. We played long and fought for the second ball. That's how we won yesterday.

He had a very good pre-season when asked to play up from the back, but against lesser teams.

Maybe he has improved and cut out his errors. At 25 he is still relatively young for a defender. Am willing to give him another season.

I had written this guy off until yesterday - where he lays down what I think is his best ever performance for us.

Colossal. Wouldn't believe he can maintain that for more than a 1 off game though, and his lack of consistency has always been the issue for me. His mind wanders or something which I doubt will ever be permanently cured.

I hope he proves me wrong, but ideally not at a club after selling him at a massive loss.

I had written this guy off until yesterday - where he lays down what I think is his best ever performance for us.

Colossal. Wouldn't believe he can maintain that for more than a 1 off game though, and his lack of consistency has always been the issue for me. His mind wanders or something which I doubt will ever be permanently cured.

I hope he proves me wrong, but ideally not at a club after selling him at a massive loss.
I think as long as he is not required to play up from the back against better teams, he will be fine.

I think Traore and Jiminez between them will be a good test for all of our defenders. And we'll see whether Nuno has managed to improve them already at this early stage, or whether the Man City game just suited them due to City's lack of directness and lack of a real number 9.

Back
Top Bottom